Author Topic: Barnacle Bay  (Read 53109 times)

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
Re: Barnacle Bay
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2010, 02:18:40 AM »
I really wanted it to be a vacation place.
Its annoying cause here http://nz.store.thesims3.com/barnacleBay.html they say will your trip be a vacation or staycation which implies it is both a town and vacation place for world adventures.
 :-[

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2010, 02:23:58 AM »
Electronic Arts' marketing of Barnacle Bay is a bit misleading.  I guess they are calling it a vacation spot because of all the beaches and parks.  It's a pretty town from what I've seen so far. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2010, 02:27:17 AM »
Anyone tried seeing if you can visit it from SV or RV?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2010, 02:46:15 AM »

How?  You can't visit Sunset Valley from Riverview.  You can't visit Twinbrook from Sunset Valley.  Why would you be able to visit Barnacle Bay from either town?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2010, 03:06:45 AM »
FYI to anyone who decides to play the Rao couple; the wife is visibly pregnant, so be ready!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

snowy

« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2010, 03:15:53 AM »
There is no consignment store or launderette here why?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2010, 03:30:57 AM »
It seems like EA dropped the ball on putting the Ambitions buildings in.  Hopefully I will be able to get BB soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2010, 03:31:55 AM »

Thomas, I have a family that lives in Twinbrook that took their first vacation tonight.   They could only choose from Egypt, France or China - Barnacle Bay was NOT listed. 

Barnacle Bay is just another town we can create in and/or play with just like Sunset Valley, Riverview and Twinbrook.  EA just gave us another choice like Pam said. 

I think EA may have thought that we could try Barnacle Bay to give us a 'vacation' or break from playing with the other three towns and, if we liked this new town enough, then we could stay there (the 'staycation' part of the advertisement).  Who really knows how EA thinks!  ::)
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2010, 03:41:57 AM »
It seems like EA dropped the ball on putting the Ambitions buildings in.  Hopefully I will be able to get BB soon.

I don't know if they necessarily dropped the ball considering that Barnacle Bay was released post-Ambitions.  Not everyone has Ambitions and who knows what kind of tricky programming it might have taken to make Ambitions feed into Barnacle Bay.  We just have to place the Ambitions buildings ourselves.  It's really not a big thing.  I easily found three perfect commercial spots for my Consignment Store, Firehouse, and Junkyard.

Also, now that Barnacle Bay has actually been released, let's start posting questions on the appropriate boards (General Discussion, Miscellaneous Help, etc.) rather than running this into an excessively long thread that's hard to reference.  Thanks!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2010, 05:58:07 AM »
So, my opinion of Barnacle Bay is that I generally really like it so far. I haven't played with it much, just tried out a couple of households to see what the place is like. Lots of new places to explore  ;D

The only thing I wish I saw more I guess was more "pirateness" with the households (if that even makes any sense). Otherwise, can't wait to start a new game on it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2010, 06:04:39 AM »
The only thing I wish I saw more I guess was more "pirateness" with the households (if that even makes any sense). Otherwise, can't wait to start a new game on it.

I was just thinking that my Sim looks pretty silly being the only one in town wearing pirate garb.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

casaeva

« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2010, 09:47:20 AM »
After all of the negative comments elsewhere (and being a little bummed that this wasn't a new vacation spot; EA really needs to rethink how they word their marketing pieces) I was pleasantly surprised by this town. I think it's pretty and I really love some of the houses and community lots. There are some great starter homes for singles and families and I like the layout. Haven't had time to do more than look around really but I couldn't find any beautiful vista lots, not even the two mansions or that great Coastal house.

One odd thing that may be a quirk in my game: the rabbit hole buildings all have new names when you look at them in Edit Town but when you view them in Map View they have Sunset Valley names. For example, the military base in Edit Town is Building O'War but in Map View it's Fort Gnome; the restaurant is Captain Inkbeard's Mess Hall in Edit Town but is still Little Corsican Bistro in Map View. The only one where the names are the same is the diner possible because it's a brand new building. Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the names of the buildings so they display the same when you're playing?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2010, 09:51:29 AM »
It might have been an oversight on EA's part, but it's not possible to change the name of the businesses until you own them.  Even then, I'm not sure it would correct your glitch.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

casaeva

« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2010, 09:55:05 AM »
I thought that might be it. It's not a big deal in the grand scope of things but thought if there was a way of fixing it I would give it a go. Thanks for the help.

Aiwe

« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2010, 10:37:37 AM »
I may be wrong, but I suspect that the names in edit town are the lot names and the names in map view are the building names.