Author Topic: Barnacle Bay  (Read 53110 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Barnacle Bay
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »
Well, that is good, just read it is definitely a neighborhood and vacation spot, not quite sure how that works, unless they are doing something new.  I think they are referring to it as it being something like a vacation.  Oh well, all I know, it is a neighborhood, yay.  I quit saying that I might get a game, I already know I am going to.  After 10 years of simming and getting all games and packs, not going to stop now, lol. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 03:48:40 PM »
In addition, from what I understand, Swede's in Europe ... and I can certainly believe EA might not have "all international ducks in a row" on new product announcements.
What I read it from was IGN, which is based in the States, so that ruins your theory I think. But I do believe EA must have made a mistake; either telling IGN too quickly, or telling them the wrong price.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 08:42:54 PM »
Well if 20 is 2000? Isn't 10, 1000?

Yeah, HappyTime left off a 0. I wouldn't buy points if that was the ratio and the Store prices were the same! I, too, am hoping it's a neighborhood, but with Late Night coming out about a month later, it seems less likely. Can't hurt to hope, though. Somehow I got the idea it was coming out on the 7th too, darn it! As for free Sim points with purchase & registration, maybe with Late Night, but they didn't do it for Ambitions, so I think they know they've got us hooked enough that they don't need to add an incentive. Then again, if they don't think there's as much demand, they might offer points. Why didn't I just say who knows?  ::)

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »
I was on Facebook today and saw I had a notice from Sims 3 about purchasing a 'Buccaneer's Bounty' package through the in-game Shop Mode.  This is where you purchase with that little shopping bag when you go into buy mode.
The 16 piece set is available for 500 instead of 700 SimPoints.  

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 08:21:32 AM »
hehe Swede!

What I read it from was IGN, which is based in the States, so that ruins your theory I think.

It wasn't so much a "theory" as a "train of thought" ...  I was typing to Norma, "If this and that person typed this and I know this, then that (and maybe a bit of this)" (sprinkled liberally with my propensity to screw up muh math :D ). 

I agree, the price point you referenced probably slipped out before it was "official," and was retracted and redacted as appropriate.

And I apologize for my math error, I type more than four numbers in under ten seconds and I tend to screw up twenty-five percent of them (rounded to the nearest whole value, of course.

mtglady,

I'm actually pretty torqued at EA right now. As much as I've griped (in this thread, even) about the way EA's handles The Store, this "Buccaneer's Bounty Shop Mode Sneak Peek Sale" has me fuming. >:(  (Well, as "fuming" as I get, I'm actually snickering at them, but I am a bit aggravated at the circus that is EA.)

EA's still not got the "In Game Shop Mode" working for Macintosh users (not that I know it ever worked), and this stuff's (as I write this) not even for sale in the "normal" Store. There are some alternate links floating around, but attempting to purchase this content gives me (and other Mac users, it seems) a nebulous "You need to update your launcher application" error.

Assuming it's working, of course. If any of you Windows users actually are able to purchase this, I'd love to hear if it's working for you.

-- Happytime

Offline Seriphina

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 08:29:31 AM »
I have to say, I'm not a big pirate person, but that pack looks really cool and I'm VERY excited if this is another vacation destination for my Simmies.  Not so sure I'd like it as my main town.  I'd have way too much "rebuilding" to do  ;)  Depending on the content, as a new vacation destination it may be neat, but does it just come with the stuff you can buy at the store?  Or do you get items, clothing, hairstyles, and so forth buy purchasing the town?  It would be really exciting if it's incorporated as a vacation destination and we get some new interactions with it (like digging for buried treasure?), but just a town, eh, take it or leave it.  You get more from a stuff pack.
Insert witty comment here

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 04:49:22 PM »
Ooh, I like that telescope. I wonder if we can change the style of the stone statues...I also like the dresses!  :D For once, a dress not too short or long! It's Just Right!

I wish I would get those free points from that supposide contest for the laptop. I've given up on 'em. If I had 'em, I'd test it myself.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
EA's still not got the "In Game Shop Mode" working for Macintosh users (not that I know it ever worked), and this stuff's (as I write this) not even for sale in the "normal" Store. There are some alternate links floating around, but attempting to purchase this content gives me (and other Mac users, it seems) a nebulous "You need to update your launcher application" error.

Assuming it's working, of course. If any of you Windows users actually are able to purchase this, I'd love to hear if it's working for you.

I was able to purchase it via the in game Shop Mode, and I just checked that the items are indeed in Buy Mode now. I only liked a few things in the collection, but when I went to the individual categories and priced the stuff I liked, I discovered it was cheaper to get the whole set.

Of course, I am a PC user, and for what it's worth, my OS is Windows 7 Pro. They need to have their stuff working for Mac users. Particularly if they said it would or didn't say it wouldn't. Keep bugging tech support. If I don't get a reply when they say they will, I wait a week and write them another e-mail. I try to be polite as possible, but it's not easy when you've been waiting weeks or more. I'm not suggesting that if you've contacted them (I assume you did) that you were rude or offensive, but I think a politely written (even sympathetic at first) note that suggests I know there's a real person out there can get their attention.  Doesn't mean they'll get it fixed faster, but getting a nicer note may do something. At least, that's what I tell myself when I have to write the darn things. I could be deluding myself.   ::)

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 09:58:17 PM »

@Happytime - There was a link given in one of the Sims 3 forum for Mac users when the store was introduced so they can purchase 'in-game' only items.  This link is http://igs.thesims3.com/index.html.  My grandaughter has a Mac and she said this worked for her - hope it works for you and other Mac users too.  ;D

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2010, 10:47:45 PM »
Thanks, Mortgage Lady. I'd tried that link early in the morning (I'd checked the Forums, myself), and it didn't work.

I'm pretty sure the "igs.thesims3.com" site stands for "In-Game Store," and I did try again later in the day (using a using a different browser [Firefox not Safari] and I cleared my cache and what-not), and I did manage to download the Buchanner Set.  :)

I posted my success on the Sims3 Forum as well. I just get a bit grumpy at EA when they are pushing or promoting something (like the in-game store) that's simply not even implemented yet for those of us that us that use Macintoshes.

-- Happytime

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010, 08:33:40 AM »
Looking at the 3rd Barnacle Bay screenshot  http://www.thesims3.com/content/en_US/promo/static/header/barnaclebay/barnaclebay_screen3.jpg it seems pretty obvious it's a new neighbourhood.  I can see the Stadium, Science Lab, Hospital ... and the wrecked pirate ship on the beach, which is clearly the new Diner.  

So, apart from being a bit 'different' it's really just another neighbourhood.  I'm so excited I could ... zzzzzzzz  ;)

Offline Glic2000

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure (based on the way World Adventures is designed) that this has to be a new neighbourhood only, not a new vacation destination. 

While on vacation today, one of my Sim's wishes was to "order pizza" so hopefully that means ordering pizza is possible on vacation. :)  I didn't try it though.  I assume like Pam said, it's only possible if you have a vacation home.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 05:44:49 PM »
While on vacation today, one of my Sim's wishes was to "order pizza" so hopefully that means ordering pizza is possible on vacation. :)  I didn't try it though.  I assume like Pam said, it's only possible if you have a vacation home.

Yes, the choice for ordering Pizza does come up on the phone when you own a vacation home.  I usually have my Sims order pizza for the first day of their vacation.   ;D
Hmm - I never tried it from the basecamp, but may do that tonight with a different saved game where no vacation homes are owned.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 11:17:02 PM »
There are a couple new pictures up of Barnacle Bay, in case you are interested.  :)

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=8&selYear=2010#962825928

(not sure how long the link will work, it is in the monthly news area on the EA site)
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

snowy

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2010, 10:55:51 AM »
when can we get this game it said the fall but i am in england

anything