Author Topic: Barnacle Bay  (Read 53128 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Barnacle Bay
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 03:28:37 AM »
Y'know, the way the Official Announcment sounded...It sounds like it'll be like a WA location, instead of a town...Or you could play it like a town. I'm more excited about the suggestion of a camp site, personally. I've tried making some with buydebug and setting up spaces on different park or beach locations, but...I can't set them up for sims to use.  :(

Have you tried doing it by purchasing the property?  I just upgraded Stoney Falls with grills, picnic tables, swings, trampoline, etc. and Sims can come use them.  I had a party there and it was great.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 07:22:05 AM »
I want this world! Got to have! I'm so far behind though, still haven't purchased Ambitions (promise to my boyfriend that I finish exploring WA first before getting Ambitions), and the late night one coming up soon. Arrgh!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 08:13:12 AM »
It sounds like this will be a Neighbourhood your sims can move/visit from somewhere else?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 09:08:53 AM »
It sounds like this will be a Neighbourhood your sims can move/visit from somewhere else?

Yeah, there's the line from the ign article
Titled Barnacle Bay, the new area was once filled with scoundrels but is now a vacation getaway.
plus this line from the official site
Will your trip be a vacation or staycation

Both give the impression it will be a holiday destination like China, France and Egypt.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 12:43:44 PM »
Still, I'm hoping you can both stay there, and choose to live there as a neighborhood, because that would be sweet.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 12:48:43 PM »
From the layout, it looks like a new neighborhood, but that is my opinion.  I am sure more info will be coming soon.  I know it says vacation spot, but it sure looks like the other towns and the Hogans Deep Sea Diner could be a giveaway.  I am probably wrong, but that would be cool if it was a new neighborhood.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 02:23:06 PM »
I have WA but have only vacationed with one Sim.  I liked it but it casued to many things to go weird in the game, so I don't play the vacations.  But can you get pizza delivered while in China/France/Egypt?  In the article it talks about the new pizza delivery guy, Roni Pepper.  It might be a neighborhood then.  Unless you can get pizza in other places.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 02:26:39 PM »
I have WA but have only vacationed with one Sim.  I liked it but it casued to many things to go weird in the game, so I don't play the vacations.  But can you get pizza delivered while in China/France/Egypt?  In the article it talks about the new pizza delivery guy, Roni Pepper.  It might be a neighborhood then.  Unless you can get pizza in other places.

Very good observation.  You can't order Pizza while on vacation that I know of.  I am looking forward to a new "world" but am disappointed that we will have to pay for it.  I believe that all worlds should be free and then they can charge us for additional custom store content for the world.  Just my 2 cents...

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »
I'm really pleased to see EA doing this!  :)

I've wondered since "Riverview" was available via digital delivery from the get-go of the Sims3 why they haven't been using The Store in a way that leveraged its strengths as a platform for enhancing the Sims3.

I'm not a big "arg me-matey's, pirates!" fan, but it sounds like an enjoyable add to the Sims3 play-field. 20 USD sounds a bit high to me, I'd hope they reduce the price significantly (half sounds about right, 10 USD), but we'll see.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've been thinking about Hot-Rods and Car Fun Stuff, more than wondering what new stuff is getting rolled out in The Store. I'm pleased to see EA shaping up and offering some REAL content via digital delivery.

(I'm wondering if they are ever going to get The Store working in-game in the Mac version ... I assume from what I've read folks using various flavors of Windows can download and install The Store content in-game?).

-- Happytime

(I've not really played a horrible amount of World Adventures time. Seems sending a Sim on vacation breaks too many things in my games.)

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »
I'm not a big "arg me-matey's, pirates!" fan, but it sounds like an enjoyable add to the Sims3 play-field. 20 USD sounds a bit high to me, I'd hope they reduce the price significantly (half sounds about right, 10 USD), but we'll see.

Where did you see that price listed?
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
Swede commented earlier in the thread he'd seen a price of 1650 Simpoints somewhere or other, since removed.

I've seen EA price stuff before, and remove the price. I've not noticed Swede fibbing here on the Forum, so I've no reason to suspect Swede didn't see such a price. In addition, from what I understand, Swede's in Europe ... and I can certainly believe EA might not have "all international ducks in a row" on new product announcements.

The price Swede mentioned sounds about what I'd suspect EA to price this DLC at; I just rounded it up for the purpose of discussion here on the Forum, Twinmum. (100 Simpoints is equivalent to 1 USD. 1650 Simpoints rounded up to the nearest USD bill = 20 dollars). <edited by Author to reflect mathematical reality hehe>

To be clear, I've no firm idea what the final price of this downloadable content will be. Based on my experience with EA, 16.50 USD sounds about what I'd expect them to charge for the content they are advertising.

-- Happytime

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
Oh OK, I did see the point value Swede had mentioned too. I just thought that you may have actually seen it somewhere else. I'm hoping we get sim points for registering Fast Lane and then Late Night. I've never actually bought points with real money, I've just used what I'm given for the games. Having said that though, if Barnacle Bay is a reasonable price, I may just lash out and buy some  ;D

Norma

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 03:32:31 AM »
Well if 20 is 2000? Isn't 10, 1000?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 03:58:10 AM »
Very good observation.  You can't order Pizza while on vacation that I know of. 

I think you can order pizza once you have a vacation home.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seriphina

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 04:47:05 AM »
From the layout, it looks like a new neighborhood, but that is my opinion.  I am sure more info will be coming soon.  I know it says vacation spot, but it sure looks like the other towns and the Hogans Deep Sea Diner could be a giveaway.  I am probably wrong, but that would be cool if it was a new neighborhood.

In the main neighborhoods, isn't it "Hogan's Deep Fried Diner"?
Insert witty comment here

anything