Author Topic: Barnacle Bay  (Read 53096 times)

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
Re: Barnacle Bay
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »
The code is sept15off
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2010, 12:26:42 AM »
@ Pam
Sept15off

@ gerr00
I guess.. I always think it's cheaper in the long run to buy larger lots. I'll have to sit down and work it all out. Plus apparently you can get points at the EA Store (as opposed to the Sims 3 store) and it takes into consideration the current exchange rate. I might have to do a bit of homework. I probably will get it though, have to see how much I have in my spending visa account lol

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2010, 12:34:57 AM »
I just installed Barnacle Bay.  I am so worn out from playing dynasty all day, I really want to check it out.  Decisions, decisions. lol ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2010, 12:42:18 AM »
I feel like a kids with a new toy!  LOL  I downloaded Barnacle Bay and played for a bit, although mostly it was looking around and checking out the Sims who live there.  I found a family that I really like with this huge, roomy house.  The bottom floor is all a huge play area with exercise equipment, enormous amount of bathrooms (which I can't imagine I will keep), a music area, etc.  I just love it!  I think I am going to really like this new town. 

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2010, 01:06:34 AM »
Did you buy the little 700pt. stuff pack to go with BB?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2010, 01:18:18 AM »
I did a couple of weeks ago, so lets see, that brings the total to 23.50.  Oh well, I don't spend my money on anything else.  I think I can handle it.  It is a cool town, but will check it out more tomorrow. Happy simming. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2010, 01:27:30 AM »
I didn't find the junkyard or any of the new commercial lots so I wonder if we have to drop them ourselves although I might have just missed them.  I was too excited I think.  LOL  Sad, I know!  The island is fascinating but I am not sure how that works.  I haven't looked at any of the empty houses yet.  A new town sure is fun.  I feel sort of silly being so happy with it though. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2010, 01:46:38 AM »
All this time I thought that code was no good after Sept. 15.  :-[

Well, My name is LlamaMama and I admit I'm helpless before new Sims goodies. Barnacle Bay bought, and numerous items from my wishlist. I feel so ashamed! ;)
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2010, 01:59:03 AM »
I went ahead an bought 2000 points from the EA store ($24AU) but they haven't shown up yet, anyone have experience with buying through them as opposed to Sims 3 store? As soon as they are through, I'm going to get Barnacle Bay.

Norma
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2010, 02:07:18 AM »
I placed a lot on the deserted island.  Had a Sim in town, had him call and make the move to the new lot.  Poof!  He teleported onto the island but he could not get off!  So once you are there you are stuck, unless you cheat (which I tried and it just did not work, anyone have a good link for me to figure it out or PM me?) or buy the teleporter from the LTR.  Also I was cruising the EA forums earlier and someone said there were a few empty commercial lots for the Ambitions community buildings.  Another person said they found a hidey hole, showed a picture of a basement like area but wouldn't tell anyone where it is.  Unfortunately, the EA forum members were being very unkind to the new world and to EA, I got disgusted and didn't read the entire thread.  I just don't understand people sometimes.  

Also, did you see my previous post?  There are 11 Book Corrals in the library, a little overkill, right?  I laughed so hard when I saw that.  I guess they are trying to make up for not having them in Twinbrook.  Can't wait to hear other peoples thoughts on Barnacle Bay.  I really like it.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2010, 02:24:42 AM »
I saw that over there about them all complaining.  LOL  Oh well, I like it!  Wonder how we use that island then, huh?  It is kind of like the swimming pools in the old Sims games where you'd get in and realize there was no ladder and no way out!  There was a time I didn't know if you just left and didn't save you could avoid the tragedy to come. 

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2010, 02:29:28 AM »
First impressions: I found the cool hiding place gerrr00 mentioned (it's not hard to find), and an amazing modern mansion on a bridged island, which used panes of glass as support elements to create a complex, multilevel house of boxes. It immediately brought to mind the color home that Samo made.

There's an apartment building clearly intended for multiple families. I don't know how that will work, but it may be a real estate investment opportunity.

All the dark red lines criss-crossing the undeveloped land appear to be both drainage ditches and possibly paths you can use to get to your house in areas without roads.

I haven't read any threads, but there's a lot to speculate about. More graveyards and cemeteries than other towns. Tons of parks. No omni plants at the science facility.

Oh, and it's clearly a place for tourism, with large facilities for camping, etc. I think that will offer a greater variety of npc sims to get to know, than just a set of townies.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2010, 02:34:04 AM »

I haven't read any threads, but there's a lot to speculate about. More graveyards and cemeteries than other towns. Tons of parks. No omni plants at the science facility.

Sorry for being off topic but there are omni plants at the science facilities in other towns?  Can you use them?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2010, 06:17:01 AM »
Sorry for being off topic but there are omni plants at the science facilities in other towns?  Can you use them?

Yes, they are at the Science Centers in both Sunset Valley and Riverview.  Not certain about Twinbrook.  But let's not take this off topic.  If you have other questions about it, please post them here in the Omni thread.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2010, 07:27:14 AM »
Arghh a delay in getting Barnacle Bay. Seems when I bought my simpoints, for some unknown reason, I added an au to my email address. All my confirmation emails came to the correct addy, but the all important simpoints were sent to an addy I don't have!

Norma