Author Topic: Child Alimony?  (Read 3349 times)

Offline kimdacutie

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hello Simmers!
Child Alimony?
« on: November 29, 2013, 02:03:13 PM »
I know this is a weird question to ask and I am sorry if it has been asked before, but my female sim got a random thousand dollars recently. I made sure it wasn't from time off or anything like that but I figured it could possibly be that she has a child with some random townie and he's not apart of their lives at all. In which case, can sims (fathers or mothers) pay alimony to a household?

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Child Alimony?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 02:20:28 PM »
I know this is a weird question to ask and I am sorry if it has been asked before, but my female sim got a random thousand dollars recently. I made sure it wasn't from time off or anything like that but I figured it could possibly be that she has a child with some random townie and he's not apart of their lives at all. In which case, can sims (fathers or mothers) pay alimony to a household?

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

I'm pretty sure this is just a bug. I've had sims get money randomly before, and they didn't have kids. There is no alimony system in the game that I am aware of.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kimdacutie

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hello Simmers!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 10:14:57 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is just a bug. I've had sims get money randomly before, and they didn't have kids. There is no alimony system in the game that I am aware of.

Thanks for the help...It was very strange!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 12:56:07 PM »
This has been happening for quite some time now. There is a few theories on where the money comes from, like sales from a car in their inventory or something like that. Sometimes the amounts are different than a cars, so not sure where it comes from, but it seems like my Sims can always use it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything