Author Topic: Missing work on holiday!  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Miu

• Nooboo
Missing work on holiday!
« on: November 27, 2013, 03:38:51 AM »
I'm in criminal career in aurora skies. As a beg woman, Wednesday and Thursday should be my holiday. But it shows I'm missing work on these days, and I get a bad mood for workaholic. If I go, I don't get a good mood and I don't get progress on work.
How to fix it?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Missing work on holiday!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 08:33:55 AM »
Miu-

You can buy "Vacationer" lifetime reward, and make sure your beg woman works at home.  Workaholic trait will let you work at home and gain progress.  Vacationer lets you miss work and not lose progress.

You need to use the work at home interaction hours before your work hours start, because if you wait too late the game doesn't let you work at home.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 10:43:02 AM »
You can buy "Vacationer" lifetime reward, and make sure your beg woman works at home.  Workaholic trait will let you work at home and gain progress.  Vacationer lets you miss work and not lose progress.

I think Vacationer actually gives you random days off. You don't get to just stay home whenever you want. That's what it says on the LTR page of the guide.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 10:50:28 AM »
I have tested it myself, Vacationer doesn't give random days off.  Maybe somebody else game it does, but never in my game, no random days.  Vacationer lets me miss work without the job progress bar going to red. 

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 04:06:25 PM »
I only played the criminal career once, but I had problems with the work hours and saying I was missing work. I had problems where my Sim would come out of work early, then it would say missing work, so I'd send him back in, and then he wouldn't come out unless I cancelled the action, and progress disappeared. I'd get notifications saying the carpool was coming (on days off). I find that generally after a promotion, the work days etc change and this sometimes causes glitches. Also in the criminal career, I think the fact the police can arrest them sometimes screws up work hours.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 04:08:40 PM »
Yes, criminal career is buggy like that.  The music career rock branch is the same thing.  The promotion after 12am just messes things up, that is why I always get the Vacationer LTR for these careers, so even if I don't send them to work, I dont' have to worry about their job bars going red.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 04:43:47 PM »
I have had the Vacationer LTR, one of my Sims was level 10 in the science carreer, and after they got to that, it got buggy and he wouldn't automatically go to work anymore. I'd click on the car but  go to work would clear from the queue, clicking the work building etc did the same thing, even going there would do the same thing. While that was happening, it would say missing work, but the progress bar was going into the red, even with the Vactioner LTR, and the other ones like Professional Slacker and some other one.
Funny, though, I have had a few in the rock career branch but I've never had a problem with those.

anything