Author Topic: Consignment Store Lost Its Clerk, Long-Term  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
Consignment Store Lost Its Clerk, Long-Term
« on: November 21, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »
I've learned all about consignment store bugs since I got Ambitions, but I can't find the particular problem I'm having now documented anywhere on the internet!

I started playing a 4x4 dynasty file and everything was going great. I got Ambitions very recently and this is my first time doing very much with it. So I followed all the methods listed on the Consignment Store page here, and was successfully selling items and increasing my family's cash for the first three weeks. The clerk was changed out several times during that time, but after two or three days a new one always appeared--until now.

On about Thursday of Week 3, the newly assigned young adult clerk (who'd successfully acted as the Clerk since Monday or Tuesday of that week) didn't come to work. On Saturday I spotted him walking around town, still looking like a young adult. (Strange--the clerks went away before seemingly because they were elders.) I had a Sim ask him about his career, and he said he was a Clothes Folder (part-time Spa career). Uh oh?

I thought a new clerk would be assigned to the consignment shop, like had happened every time before, but it has now been more than 21 days in-game since that fateful Thursday of Week 3, and the store has been closed every one of those days. I still see that Clerk-turned-Clothes-Folder around town, if it matters.

I've seen people complaining about their store closing around the internet, but those complaints are about the store closing for a day or two between clerks. My store has been closed for more than 21 days straight!

I have not been able to find anyone in town whose job is Consignment Store Clerk, but I don't feel incredibly confident about that, because on Medium lifespan I find people move in and out of town and change jobs very rapidly. It's hard to keep track.

So--does anybody know how to fix my closed-21-days Consignment Shop, especially without breaking dynasty rules? I think I may still finish the money part of the 4x4 dynasty without the shop, but it would be much safer to have it open again! Thanks in advance.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Consignment Store Lost Its Clerk, Long-Term
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »
Antalia, you said it has been more than 21 days in-game since the problem began, but I'm not sure if you've been playing the game continuously for those 21 days or not.  Have you shut down the game at all in that period?  I ask because I had a similar problem once but it fixed itself the next time I re-opened the game.

If that doesn't fix the problem, the only thing I can suggest would be to ask your question in the 4x4 Dynasty thread and see what dynasty-approved suggestions you might get.  With a glitch like this, perhaps they might give you permission to replace the Consignment Store, but it would be up to the Challenge team to decide that.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »
Antalia, you said it has been more than 21 days in-game since the problem began, but I'm not sure if you've been playing the game continuously for those 21 days or not.  Have you shut down the game at all in that period?  I ask because I had a similar problem once but it fixed itself the next time I re-opened the game.
Yes, the game has been Save+Exited and reentered quite a lot of times. I've now been missing a clerk for about 36 days. It got kind of tedious and stressful wondering each morning if the clerk would return, and when I should start carrying out my contingency plan to stay on track. So I've shelved that file until I find a solution. I need to work on my other dynasty anyway.

If that doesn't fix the problem, the only thing I can suggest would be to ask your question in the 4x4 Dynasty thread and see what dynasty-approved suggestions you might get.  With a glitch like this, perhaps they might give you permission to replace the Consignment Store, but it would be up to the Challenge team to decide that.
Will do if I come back to it - thanks!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 09:53:12 PM »
If you own the store you could edit the real estate and replace the register. That way you wouldn't have to use Edit Town mode or any cheats.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Variosities

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 03:11:54 PM »
If replacing the register doesn't work, you can go into edit town, delete the consignment store, go back into the game, then back to edit town and replace the consignment store from the commercial properties list.

If you edited the store in your game, don't forget to save it to the library before you delete it.

I'm not sure if you have to go back to game play between deleting and replacing the store, but if you don't, your sims might not think its a new venue.

anything