Author Topic: Make Me An Offer - New Sims Store Content Promotional  (Read 8247 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Make Me An Offer - New Sims Store Content Promotional
« on: November 21, 2013, 07:15:31 AM »
The Sims 3 Store has a new promotional going on called Make Me An Offer.  It is supposed to offer random content you may not have at a low price.  You can get up to five offers a day. 

Anyways, the official blurb they have on News and Events:

Make Me an Offer is a fun new way to discover Store content and get great deals on bundles of content. The Make Me an Offer machine picks a handful of things it thinks you’ll like and offers those items to you for a single discounted price. Think of it as a custom collection just for you. The discounts can be huge! For those of you who might already own everything, it even has select exclusive items so be sure to check it out today!

The official link can be seen here:
Make Me An Offer

If you have any questions, they also have a FAQ up:
Make Me An Offer FAQ

It seems to be a variant of the Mystery Boxes, but one you don't have to pay for.

Even though the FAQ says you won't be offered duplicates of items you own, others have had this exact thing happen.  So, it is a good idea to make sure you don't end up buying for items you already own.

Offline rpnecroranger

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Make Me An Offer - New Sims Store Content Promotional
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 07:47:48 AM »
I have! basically it acts like a slot machine. hit the button and 2-4 items come up at a block reduced price that lasts for 24 hours. You get 4 tries (if I remember) then you can roll 4 new "offers" after 24 hrs.

Out of my 4 offers there was like 1 object, 2-3 articles of clothing. It did not look like the top stuff was in there, or stuff with unique gameplay. It might be that I was a tad unlucky today ;)

It could be with this and the "complete the set" bargains you could save a little. how much I couldnt tell you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 08:02:12 AM »
Thanks for the info! 

It makes sense that as it is random, there will be a lot of 'offers' one didn't care for (whether clothes, hair styles, etc.) 

And you may have one more try to on the offer, rpnecroranger.  The FAQ says you have up to five chances of it, though each offer is only good for one hour.  If you use all five chances, it will reset in one day.

Also, be aware that even though the FAQ says it won't offer duplicates of items you own, people in the threads have already said they got duplicates in their offers.

Offline rpnecroranger

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 08:22:48 AM »
I did have one offer I liked, 2 clothes i think and something.... and the discount price of 1 more point than I had...... I am wondering if in the mathematics it counts the points you have in there too.

it says I used all 4 of mine up:

Offline rpnecroranger

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 08:29:55 AM »
Just a quick thought, I may have had 5 - the number didnt show up till after i rolled the first time. My apologies! not feeling 100% today :P

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 07:12:24 PM »
Just a few observations/notes...

-You can get more than 5 offers per day. When you buy one the counter resets.

-Some of what is selected is sets. Unfortunately, it doesn't base the offer value on your 'Complete A Set' price but on the full price. As I am typing this, my current offer consists of 3 sets and a single item. Normal prices of 15, 750, 1550, and 1350 for a discounted price of 2596. My complete-a-set prices are 425, 1550, and 1015 for a total of 3005. Still a discount, but not even close to the 29% that the page claims.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 09:08:03 PM »
Can someone tell me what it means when an item is labelled "exclusive"?  I noticed that the other items in my offers were clickable (I could click the link to look at the item) but the "exclusive" items had no links associated with them and I wondered why that was.  The "exclusive" items were various items of clothing but they didn't appear particularly unusual or special-looking to me, and I wondered what it was about them that was "exclusive".

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »
Can someone tell me what it means when an item is labelled "exclusive"?  I noticed that the other items in my offers were clickable (I could click the link to look at the item) but the "exclusive" items had no links associated with them and I wondered why that was.  The "exclusive" items were various items of clothing but they didn't appear particularly unusual or special-looking to me, and I wondered what it was about them that was "exclusive".
These are items which are normally not obtainable.  Some of them come from discontinued sets.  Others may come from sets that were only available when you purchased SimPoints, a special promotion (such as the Dr. Pepper/Sims match-up), or sets which could be purchased for a  limited time when buying a certain world set.

So, if you have a good number of sets, etc. the Make-Me-An-Offer may offer you items/clothing/etc. from these 'exclusive' sets.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 10:41:30 AM »
These are items which are normally not obtainable.  Some of them come from discontinued sets.  Others may come from sets that were only available when you purchased SimPoints, a special promotion (such as the Dr. Pepper/Sims match-up), or sets which could be purchased for a  limited time when buying a certain world set.

So, if you have a good number of sets, etc. the Make-Me-An-Offer may offer you items/clothing/etc. from these 'exclusive' sets.

Thanks very much for that explanation, Bri.  Those Dr Pepper items weren't available in Canada to the best of my knowledge, so I'm glad to know I might finally have a chance to get them!  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 12:57:19 PM »
Thanks very much for that explanation, Bri.  Those Dr Pepper items weren't available in Canada to the best of my knowledge, so I'm glad to know I might finally have a chance to get them!  :D

I hope you can Schip!!!  There were a good many "Alice" items you'd love to have.  I use them a lot.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 01:06:40 PM »
I hope you can Schip!!!  There were a good many "Alice" items you'd love to have.  I use them a lot.

Haha, Joria, you know me so well!  Yes, those Alice items were exactly what I was thinking of.  I've been longing for them ever since I saw a picture of them.   :D

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Make Me An Offer 3x the Discounts thru June 5
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 05:10:02 PM »
For those who still have a few items left to get, and it isn't on sale normally, you might try your luck with the Make Me An Offer program.

Through June 5, 2014, it is supposed to be offering 3x the discounts as normal.  Of course, you may get a better deal through some other means (such as the Complete Your Set), and the items offered on Make Me An Offer are randomly selected from the store.

(Source: Sims 3 May News 2014)

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 01:29:57 PM »
I just tried this out. I looked at four different offers. The first three were between 35-40% off the normal amount and the last offer I got was 76% off the normal amount. I purchased that one, simply because it was such a big discount. I wonder what is the highest discount you might get with these?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 07:12:25 PM »
I saw one at 82% yesterday.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 03:47:11 AM »
Today on my last offer I got 100% off!! So for 4 items I got everything for free. The Pint Sized Bavarian topper hat, Don't flip your wig hair, BahHaus window and the Auto noms automatic pet dispenser. Was stunned!  I then got another 5 trys and picked up Sunlit Tides, Wilderness Braid hair and One Reflections mirror for 790.. Bargain!!

anything