Author Topic: Can't do still life sketches/paintings  (Read 3923 times)

Offline GemSixx

• Nooboo
Can't do still life sketches/paintings
« on: November 20, 2013, 03:51:22 PM »
Hi. My first post here but I've been a lurker for a couple of years. :)

I have a sim that is at University going for a degree in fine arts. I had her paint a still life painting and it worked fine. Then I got a opportunity to do a still life sketch for extra credit or something. Now she can't do still life at all. It lets me take the picture and then it just cancels itself out. It's really driving me crazy (obviously if it made me register here just to ask about this after two years of lurking), so if anyone can help me figure out how I can fix this, it would be very much appreciated. :)

I have cleaned my caches (something I do every time I start to play) and it doesn't help any. I'm not sure what else I can do. Suggestions?

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Re: Can't do still life sketches/paintings
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 09:46:07 AM »
I had that happen with a Sim, she would do the same thing with Paint a Portrait and then take a photo. Both times it was fixed just by restarting the game.
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GemSixx

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 12:31:19 PM »
I think it's happened to me before and it got fixed when I restarted the game also. But not this time. It actually started about a week ago and it made me so mad that I just cut it off and started playing with another one of my families. I went back in it yesterday and the still life still won't work. :(

I have had all kinds of problems with this sim though. She gets blasted by meteors in all 3 futures and I can't figure out how to stop that either. I guess I will just wait until I have her back home and see if the problem persists. If it does, I'll try saving the household and moving it to a different town.

Thank you for answering. :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 01:46:40 PM »
Have you tried replacing the easel, or painting on a different easel?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline GemSixx

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 02:46:25 PM »
Yeah, I tried that too. Sold both the easel and the sketchbook and bought new ones. No luck with that either.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »
Have you tried moving to a different lot and also buying a new easel? I decided to do some searching on the official forums, and that solution worked for someone.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline GemSixx

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 04:49:46 PM »
Not yet. I didn't think you could change lots while at Uni? I have one more week at Uni before she goes back home. I'm hoping that when she gets home it will be okay. If not, I'll move to a different lot (or town) and hope that fixes it.

Thank you for helping. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything