Author Topic: Can voices/pitch be changed without cheating?  (Read 21850 times)

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
Can voices/pitch be changed without cheating?
« on: November 18, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »
I have a male and female normal human Sim, both made in CAS, each with voice 3 for their gender, and lower than average voice pitch.

My two Sims had six kids together (via woohoo / normal pregnancy in game). All of the kids are now young adults or older, and each one has Voice 1 for the appropriate gender, with dead center pitch.

Unfortunately I don't particularly care for Voice 1 (male or female). It is starting to get on my nerves, now that I have six house members who all have Voice 1 and sound exactly alike. Did I just get unlucky? (I know that when I create Sims using "Play with Genetics" in CAS mode, they always start with Voice 1 / center pitch until I adjust it manually. I am not sure whether that applies to Sims created from normal pregnancies.)

Is there a way to change a Sim's voice or pitch, with or without cheating? (I'm particularly interested in avoiding breaking any forum dynasty rules - immortal or 4x4. I'll be putting up with these Sims for a long time!). I have only Pets and Ambitions for expansions. Thanks in advance!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Can voices/pitch be changed without cheating?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:01:38 PM »
You should be able to change pitch with cheats as long as you're patched up. With testingcheatsenabled true, shift-click on a sim to take them into Edit in CAS and change the voice where you normally do.

Of course, this isn't dynasty legal. You're stuck with the same voices in a dynasty. :P I don't care for them either and play my game on mute partially for that reason. It affects any sim born or generated in the game, by the way.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Can voices/pitch be changed without cheating?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 08:52:29 PM »
Thanks, Trip.

And, wow, I can't believe I didn't notice this before! I chalked it up to serious bad luck, the last time I had a big family (for the last forum Baby Boomer challenge). I do remember muting the sound during that challenge, because after about the 187th time, I knew I couldn't take even one more "Whippna choba dog!". Well, mute it is!

anything