Author Topic: How to get lot property from wife or husband?  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Miu

• Nooboo
How to get lot property from wife or husband?
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:01:48 AM »
I'm playing in the bridgeport. As most players know, there is a five star celebrity woman called Lola who's extremely rich. I drank the magic drink so that I'm not getting old and have eternal life. And I planned to mary Lola in order to share her properties and work on my own band career till she's gone.
However, after I married her, I was able to control her but I didn't get even one penny except for the instruments and a car in her inventory.

Anyone can help? How to marry at the same time share her property? By the way, seems that I'm also one of those unlucky that though I master piano and have got a 4-player band, no gigs yet. I guess it's the bug, because I've got both lucky and opportunistic.

Now I'm so frustrated about the property, marriage and career and not sure if I should continue. Actually I had a good start I think that I mastered painting, charisma, piano at university.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: How to get lot property from wife or husband?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 08:21:37 AM »
Welcome to our Forum!

When your Sim married Lola, you would have been given the option to move in with her or to stay where your Sim was living.  If you chose to move in with her, it would put her house under your control.  The only thing you can do with it at that point is to live in it or move to a less expensive house, which would allow you to have the difference in price added to your household funds.  Once Lola passes on, your Sim will remain in the house as long as you wish.  I hope this helps.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Miu

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »
Welcome to our Forum!

When your Sim married Lola, you would have been given the option to move in with her or to stay where your Sim was living.  If you chose to move in with her, it would put her house under your control.  The only thing you can do with it at that point is to live in it or move to a less expensive house, which would allow you to have the difference in price added to your household funds.  Once Lola passes on, your Sim will remain in the house as long as you wish.  I hope this helps.

Thank you so much! I'm so lucky to have my threat moved! What's more, I didn't save after the marriage :D. The truth is I asked her to be roommate (I didn't read the guide carefully 'if they don't already live together', my fault).

Well, after I move in with her, what would happen to my apartment (filled with my masterpieces )? And I'm still on the first level of band, should I wait for opportunity or play for tips to promote? Thanks very much.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
I can't help you with the band. I don't usually play that part of the game.

Regarding the move after marriage, there are a couple of ways to make sure you keep your stuff. One is to put everything in your family inventory before the wedding. The other way is to select "pack furniture" on the screen where you select which house to live in.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Bobbysox

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »
Couldn't you also, after moving into their house, select "move" again and kick them out? Or does that require the "mean" trait?? (snicker...)