Author Topic: Need Help with the Cheats  (Read 2864 times)

Offline Bobbysox

• Nooboo
Need Help with the Cheats
« on: November 14, 2013, 06:45:57 PM »
I've been to your guide website and looked at the various cheat options, but I need clarification on some of the "commands" and how to use them. I've learned some from the comments section, but do I have to register there separately or will my reg here be sufficient there?? If not, where do I post questions for that here?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Need Help with the Cheats
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:50:19 PM »
I've been to your guide website and looked at the various cheat options, but I need clarification on some of the "commands" and how to use them. I've learned some from the comments section, but do I have to register there separately or will my reg here be sufficient there?? If not, where do I post questions for that here?

To comment on the Guide itself, all you need to do is type in a username and e-mail address. It's not tied at all with your forum account. However, you can also ask questions here on the forum. What exactly is your questions about the "commands?"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bobbysox

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:08:06 PM »
I'm trying to redo the look of one of my female sims: I got her look changed for career mode but her hair change now stays with all her looks and it won't come up again to change back for her other "looks". I thought it would come up with cheats enabled, but I don't know how to get it up. The guide only says "Edit" but what and where do I bring it up and what's the syntax?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 07:12:22 PM »
I'm trying to redo the look of one of my female sims: I got her look changed for career mode but her hair change now stays with all her looks and it won't come up again to change back for her other "looks". I thought it would come up with cheats enabled, but I don't know how to get it up. The guide only says "Edit" but what and where do I bring it up and what's the syntax?

Welcome to the forum, Bobbysox.

When you're in CAS, you have an option to either use the same hairdo for all outfits or to choose different hairdos for different outfits.  There is a box to check and uncheck.  Are you sure you have that option set to allow different hairdos for different outfits?  Sorry if this sounds obvious, but for myself I sometimes overlook things like that.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Bobbysox

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 07:21:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Bobbysox.

When you're in CAS, you have an option to either use the same hairdo for all outfits or to choose different hairdos for different outfits.  There is a box to check and uncheck.  Are you sure you have that option set to allow different hairdos for different outfits?  Sorry if this sounds obvious, but for myself I sometimes overlook things like that.

Thank you! I never saw the option in CAS, I just clicked on accept when her career outfit was done, cuz she was going to work naked! LOL! Can I undo it? Where is it?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 07:23:20 PM »
Thank you! I never saw the option in CAS, I just clicked on accept when her career outfit was done, cuz she was going to work naked! LOL! Can I undo it? Where is it?

Go back to the mirror to change appearance, go to the hair selection menu, and look at the lock. If the lock is closed, the selected hair style will be used for all outfits. If the lock is open, then you can select individual hair styles for each outfit. Make sure the lock is closed, then change your hair style back to what you had before. Once you do that, click the lock to open it, and select the hair you want for your career outfit.

If you do need to use the Edit in CAS cheat in the future, here's how.

Open the cheat console and type in "testingcheatsenabled true" (without quotes) Once testingcheats are active, shift-click your Sim and select the option "Edit in CAS" This will let you completely change a Sim's appearance.

Offline Bobbysox

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »
This will help a lot! Thank You so much! One quick question though, can I do the cheats from within the game or at the main menu only?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
This will help a lot! Thank You so much! One quick question though, can I do the cheats from within the game or at the main menu only?
Once enabled, you can do cheats in game.