Author Topic: Harvesting Issue  (Read 3200 times)

Offline mohreb

• Nooboo
Harvesting Issue
« on: November 12, 2013, 02:33:39 PM »
Hi all,
I just got Sims 3 (with all expansions, latest patch 1.63 if recall correctly, no stuff pack if it is important) and I find it a really good game, but I have some issues with harvesting.

It is spring, plants are at harvestable state, I do not have the interaction "Harvest" even if i make a new plant and I bloom it to harvestable state, I can only view or dispose it (and on some few I can talk to them with my fairy).
Any idea how to correct this? Maybe there is a mod to do so? (I read about overwatch and master controller, but that is not stated in their description as correction.) I found some threads about it, but they were really old ones without too much help so to get an up to date info I ask in a new one.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
Re: harvesting issue
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 04:23:25 PM »
Hy all,
i just got Sims 3 (with all expensions, latest patch1.63 if recall corectly, no stuff pack if it is important) and i find it a really good game, but i have some issues with harvesting:
it is spring, plants are at harvestable state, i do not have the interaction "Harvest" even if i make a new plant and i bloom it to harvestable state, i can only view or dispose it (and on some few i can talk to them with my fairy)
any idee how to correct this? maybe there is a mod to do soo? (i read about overwatch and master controller but that is not stated in their description as correction)
i found some threads about but they were really old ones without too much help so to get an up to date info i ask in a new one ...

Welcome to the forum mohreb.

I have personally turned off Seasons because of the bugs and high memory usage it creates. I did find this thread that might help. Various Seasons problems

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mohreb

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 02:17:09 AM »
Thanks for the help. I might have found a workaround. When I turned off all other periods than summer, and waited 3 days (why needed 3 I do not know) I was able to harvest the new plants (still not the old ones so I deleted them). It is kind of strange that for a game with so many expansions they weren't able to find a way to correct a so old bug. I think I'll still try the Overwatch thingy. It seems helpful and it would be nice to have seasons again.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 04:27:22 AM »
Hi mohreb and welcome to our Forum.

Plants don't always come alive in Spring.  Summer is really the only season when you can be sure everything is harvestable.  I believe it has to do with the temperature.  It can still get below freezing in the Spring, which makes the plants stay dormant.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Harvesting Issue
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 05:23:01 AM »
mohreb does your fairy have the gatherer trait? it can sometimes cause a glitch with bloomed plants a bit like what you describe.

Offline mohreb

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 07:00:32 PM »
mohreb does your fairy have the gatherer trait? it can sometimes cause a glitch with bloomed plants a bit like what you describe.
yes gatherer trait, of course she has ... but strangly no tooltip sayd plants are still dormant ... and once i changed to summer only the new plants become harvestable ... (not the old ones tougth and i needed 3 days in summer to the first plant to become harvestable => each time with full grown bloomed plants ...)

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »
yes gatherer trait, of course she has ... but strangly no tooltip sayd plants are still dormant ... and once i changed to summer only the new plants become harvestable ...

Then this is definitely the Gatherer bug. They will never become harvestable (despite claiming to be harvestable on the tooltip), and in the future the ones that are working now have a chance to have the same thing happen.

In my personal experience it mostly happens to Money Trees, but I have seen it a few times on other plants.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.