Author Topic: Marrying a Future Resident  (Read 22335 times)

Offline cassiopia

• Nooboo
Marrying a Future Resident
« on: October 28, 2013, 02:12:49 AM »
So I took my sim Madison from Riverview into the Future.  There she met Drake.  They hit it off, and eventually held a small, private wedding.  The thing is, he never moved in.  The box never came up to add him to the household, and his avatar isn't there either.  She is showing as married, and he is in her relationships as her husband.  They have also engineered a baby together since. 

In the end I took her back to the present with the baby and the rest of the household hoping he would show up, but he hasn't, even though he's still listed as her husband in her relationships. 

I want her to be married to Drake!  (And if he never shows up, how would she divorce him anyway?) 

No mods in the game, I had to take them all out to get the bot emporium register to work. 

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Marrying a Future Resident
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 03:19:47 AM »
I had a sim who married Bennett Obie at his house and had the same problem in that I still couldn't control him and his home did not become her home. She became pregnant on one of her visits to his house and the baby when born jad him as a father and she had him in the relationship panel as her husband, but she couldn't get him to come back to the present with her.
I've since started a new game and this time, I had my sim buy a future house first and then when she was ready, asked her boyfriend over and then married him. Now when she goes back to the present he comes too (and all their bots)
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cassiopia

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 04:21:44 AM »
They did get married at her house in the future, so it wasn't that.  :( 

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »
I've experienced this too, so I reloaded and asked him to move in first before getting married and having a baby.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 10:39:21 AM »
Maybe you can go to the future, use mean interactions and breakup with Drake.  After that befriend him again, move him in, then marry again.  Possible?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 11:24:54 AM »
I haven't tried marrying anyone from the future but had no problem moving them in and taking them back to the present with my Sim.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything