Author Topic: Food Synthesizer  (Read 18772 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Food Synthesizer
« on: October 28, 2013, 01:06:16 AM »
I have not gotten to program one or upgrade its food quality as the options are not available to me when clicking a Synthesizier on either save game I have. I have leveled both cooking and handiness to max and also learned every Recipe with the Sim and don't see how I can program a Food Synthesizer. I am hoping someone might have some magic answer to solve this for me and others, else I am going to just write little about that and let the visitors to the guide know it's 50/50 whether you can even use the feature or not. This is one of the few perks to raising the Advanced Technology skill. My Sim will still die readily if I queue up some flights on the jetpack, so she's no better at that. I need this synthesizer to work :P

Also, the Food Synthesizer is a loss as far as mood and keeping a Sim happy goes. The scant +20 3h moodlet I'm getting is junk for a meal. The upgrades might help, if I could perform them somehow. A good home cooked meal seems to be lost in the future for they have left out some moodlets or intentionally made eating less satisfying for Sims in the Future World.

Offline cassiopia

• Nooboo
Re: Food Synthesizer
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:01:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure I had to have like level 3 or 4 Advanced Technology Skill in order to program and upgrade the food synthesizer.  The higher your advanced technology the more you can upgrade it and the more recipes you can programme into it. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cassiopia

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 02:05:35 AM »
Oh and the recipes you program are whole new recipes, not the ones you buy and learn. 

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 02:21:47 AM »
My Sim is level 10 in Advanced Tech, Cooking, and Handiness, so this is a bug :( I cannot even program one recipe to start progress toward the skill challenge yet find myself writing a guide to it right now with no choice but to note the bug and have folks telling me it works fine for them. I just did a factory reset, too. :(

Offline cassiopia

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 03:51:28 AM »
While I was trying to figure out how to get my bot emporium register to work, I noticed someone suggested deleting it and putting a new one in.  Maybe that might work for the synthesizer?  (Long shot I know - and you've probably already tried it)

Offline cassiopia

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 04:11:23 AM »
Ok I don't know if any of this will help.  At the base camp in the future, my sim cannot program new recipes or improve the meal quality of the two synthesizers.  However, if she goes to her future home (which I built for cheap), the synthesizer there shows both options. 

She could improve the meal quality level 1,2, or 3. 

For Program New Recipe - there were five (I think, I'd programmed a couple already which had gone into the Serve Dessert section). 

Synthesized Fruiti Bobs  (Found in Breakfast Menus)
Synthesized Nutrition Cube  (Found in Dinner Menus)
Synthesized Statuesque Surprise  (Found in Dinner Menus)
Synthesized Sphere of Destiny (found in Serve Dessert)
Synthesized Chocolate Mini Gnome (found in Serve Dessert)

The Gnome and the Sphere both fill her hunger need from red to the top. 

The Food Synthesizer at her future home appears to have recipes my sim doesn't know yet too, such as firecracker shrimp etc. 

(Also noticed - not a synthesizer issue but the fridge in her future home no longer holds the leftovers that were there before she went back to the present.  Now she has returned to the future they're gone). 

The Food Synthesizer 20+ moodlet does not get any higher/better with a Synthesizer upgraded to level 3. 

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 11:27:40 AM »
Fridges in vacation/university/future areas never, in my experience, hold leftovers between travels.

I'll try and take a look tonight, but I'm pretty sure my test sim had an option to improve the meal quality of the one of the synthesizers at the base camp.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lexmechanic

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 09:12:25 PM »
Ok I don't know if any of this will help.  At the base camp in the future, my sim cannot program new recipes or improve the meal quality of the two synthesizers.  However, if she goes to her future home (which I built for cheap), the synthesizer there shows both options.
[...]

^ This was also my experience. I think the community center's synthesizer is already upgraded? Regardless, if you buy one for your own home (in the future or present), you should have all the options.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:34 PM »
I have only been able to do upgrades to food synthesizers on the normal home lot. Haven't been able to do them in the future on any lots. I have also only been able to do them with a plumbot. My sim that is level 6 in Advanced Technology hasn't been able to upgrade one yet.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »
I'll try and take a look tonight, but I'm pretty sure my test sim had an option to improve the meal quality of the one of the synthesizers at the base camp.

I am getting old, and my memory fails me.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 12:35:55 AM »
Those suggesting Food Synthesizers on anything but an owned lot are already upgraded are correct. We need to place them in owned lots in the Present/Future. I updated the Guide to reflect this after some testing today and found yet another bug in that meals will only give the 'Had a Great Meal' Moodlet if you use Kick it Up a Notch from Natural Cook. That makes this even better, but the hunger motive may not fall while the regular Synthesized food moodlet is present.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »
Those suggesting Food Synthesizers on anything but an owned lot are already upgraded are correct. We need to place them in owned lots in the Present/Future. I updated the Guide to reflect this after some testing today and found yet another bug in that meals will only give the 'Had a Great Meal' Moodlet if you use Kick it Up a Notch from Natural Cook. That makes this even better, but the hunger motive may not fall while the regular Synthesized food moodlet is present.
Hi, I have upgraded my food synthesizer to level 3 but none of the foods give me any Great Meal moodlets, I wonder if this is a bug, because if not I don't understand what's the point to upgrade.
I did find Kick it Up to a Notch gives the meal nice quality, but it still won't offer the same high moodlet for normal top food, such as Lobster Thermidor.

Luanne

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 12:21:50 PM »
Hi, I have upgraded my food synthesizer to level 3 but none of the foods give me any Great Meal moodlets, I wonder if this is a bug, because if not I don't understand what's the point to upgrade.
I did find Kick it Up to a Notch gives the meal nice quality, but it still won't offer the same high moodlet for normal top food, such as Lobster Thermidor.
My plumbot upgrade it to level 3 and the food quality is outstanding.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »
My plumbot upgrade it to level 3 and the food quality is outstanding.
I mean the food quality is outstanding by level 3 but my sims don't get the usual great meal moodlet after eating it.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »
So far, I have not had any problem upgrading in either the present or the future.  I know that doesn't help a lot, but thought you might want to know, like everything else, is probably a random bug, if there is such a thing. Good luck. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything