Author Topic: The perfect being?  (Read 5930 times)

Offline Lexmechanic

• Nooboo
The perfect being?
« on: October 26, 2013, 02:46:24 AM »
I've managed to build a Future Tech (quality 10) Plumbot and made him sentient. I'm finding that he's a very versatile sim with few (if any) drawbacks. Unlike the earlier SimBots, he has no fear of water - I took him for a swim at the public pool just to make sure. He can carry around a holo computer and drop it to syphon power on the go, so it seems he'd make a perfectly competent tomb raider.

Is anyone finding cool quirks or perks to playing as a Plumbot? Are you finding any weaknesses that we might want to keep in mind?

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The perfect being?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 05:51:42 AM »
Its taking a little time to get used to what chips do what exactly.

I also seem to have encountered a weird bug where sometimes a plumbot that starts at a low level and then is upgraded later seems to decay just as if it were the old low level. To get around this, I just made a bunch of bots at level 10 till I got one with max level and kept that one and sold off the rest. Selling them you still get the full value of whatever level the bot is, so that works for me until they fix this.

Having a plumbot for certain things is way better than sims. There is a lot less motives to contend with keeping full. They make great gardeners and fishers with the solar power chip, that seems to be my favorite use of them. Especially the use of max fertilizing without taking any materials when gardening, and they do it automatically as they "tend garden." With the simulated emotions chip and manually starting a certain emotion on a crystal plant, the will also automatically top off the emotion when tending garden as well. I don't have free will up high so I don't know how well they self manage taking care of babies, but even with picking the tasks yourself they are great for that because you can put them in and out of their charging station is a flash without all the grumpy stomping around sims do when they are woken up before sleep motive is full. Giving them jobs seems to work okay as long as they are a high enough level that they wont run out of battery while working but without the right chip they don't get promotions as fast as a sim or bot in a good mood.

With so few motive bars, it isn't so touchy to get them all full. With sims, by the time I fill up one thing there are 2 others that need refilled. It's just so much easier to have them working on something in a good mood with so much less time getting them happy to do the thing you want to do effectively.

Overall I really like them and have spent a good deal of time with them over anything else new in the expansion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lexmechanic

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 03:18:59 PM »
Plumbots have a unique Lifetime Happiness Reward for 15,000 points. Just when we thought it couldn't get any easier!

Maintenance Master
A Plumbot who has become a Maintenance Master will no longer have to worry about their Maintenance!

Offline Lexmechanic

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 03:24:32 AM »
So upon reaching level 8 in Sience, my plumbot Krauss was given DNA samples of himself. This baffled me, as I was certain a plumbot would not have DNA. Well he can ask other plumbots for DNA samples, so I guess they're actually bioroids. I did the unthinkable and had him clone the sample, which returned - not unexpectedly - a normal sim baby. So there you have it. We have scientifically achieved plumbot reproduction. O.o

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 05:34:36 AM »
Plumbots have a unique Lifetime Happiness Reward for 15,000 points. Just when we thought it couldn't get any easier!

Maintenance Master
A Plumbot who has become a Maintenance Master will no longer have to worry about their Maintenance!

How do you achieve it?

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 07:03:27 AM »
How do you achieve it?

I managed it by giving one a Limited Learning chip and having her build plumbots herself - the small wishes for designing and making chips and equipping them as well as the larger ones for making plumbots add up pretty quickly.

Once you have the LTR the Maintenance bar still shows a red down arrow but it doesn't actually drop at all.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Lexmechanic

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »
Well I just realized my Plumbot clone child isn't exactly a normal Sim. He's in elementary school and I just had him do his homework and keep a high mood as usual, didn't give performance a second thought. Then one day I looked at the performance metrics and there's only one parameter: Robotic Efficiency measuring at Outstanding. This makes me wonder if he'll spontaneously excrete a metallic skin when he hits Young Adult...

Update: Apparently, he has interactions unlocked as though he had the same trait chips installed as his Plumbot gene-donor. Even though he's a fleshling sim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.