Author Topic: The Disney Legacy: Sleeping Beauty 2.3  (Read 43717 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Disney Legacy: Cinderella 1.10
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2014, 05:18:32 AM »
Yay, thank you!

Thanks! Next part up soon. It's by Newsea and it's called Lullaby. :)

[Link removed.  We don't allow links to third party content.  -Pam]

I realize this was three months ago, but I want to let you know that we don't allow links to third party custom content and I had to remove it from your March 18 post.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Disney Legacy: Cinderella 1.14
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2014, 05:26:44 PM »
Omg omg amazing chapter!

Thank you! It was kind of sad though, poor Cinderella her drama will never end :(

I loved Aurora in this chapter. I like that she braved it and did what was necessary in spite of her fear. I like that she heard the whole thing and knew what was at stake. Of all the Disney princesses, Aurora is probably the one I have the most trouble liking (in the films). I don't know... I just find her bland. At the risk of talking Disney blasphemy, I actually find myself liking Maleficent more than I like Aurora. O_o (Am I being a bit twisted?) Anyway, I like her more here. Aside from her being gorgeous, I like how you're developing her character. Alice too! (Though she isn't in this chapter too much...)

Oh well... That's a mouthful, but yeah... I'm eagerly awaiting how this legacy unfolds!

Thank you so much, I tried to make her a bit more brave and strong, I really don't like the way the first few Disney Princesses (Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White) are portrayed as naive and helpless, so I'm trying to flesh them out a bit and make them independent. Haha, I get where you're coming from, at least Maleficent's a bit more interesting! Still pretty twisted, though I guess that's why they made the new film about her. I'm telling Aurora and Alice's stories kind of intertwined with each other so you'll get to hear more from Alice soon! Thanks for reading.

I didn't comment on this before? Huh, woops, I have read it at least.
Anyway, it looks absolutely smashing. I love your screenshots and the editing you've done on them (at least I believe I see editing - if I'm mistaken, sorry about that!) Anyway, yes, it looks gorgeous! The amount of time you must be spending finding CC is breathtaking. I like CC as much as the next guy but I'm just not patient enough to look for the amount you have. Brava! :)

Aw well that's nice to hear, glad you're reading! Thanks, I do graphics so I guess it rubs off on my pictures haha, yes I edit them in photoshop :D it actually doesn't take too long, I have some stuff anyway and then I just search for things that fit the Disney characters. Sometimes I prefer finding CC to playing the game (weird I know!) Thank you for reading and commenting.

I realize this was three months ago, but I want to let you know that we don't allow links to third party custom content and I had to remove it from your March 18 post.

Oh completely understand, sorry about that, won't happen again.

Next part up soon about Aurora, thanks for reading and commenting everyone!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
Re: The Disney Legacy: Cinderella 1.14
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2014, 01:30:26 AM »
Sometimes I prefer finding CC to playing the game (weird I know!)

Oh, I don't think it's so weird at all :b but then I am addicted to CC hair and poses xD

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Disney Legacy: Sleeping Beauty 2.1
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2014, 04:52:15 AM »
Oh, I don't think it's so weird at all :b but then I am addicted to CC hair and poses xD

Haha good! Yeah I find it quite fun going CC hunting, feels like shopping for your sims :D I like clothes and hair!

New update with a chapter from Aurora's point of view!

---

Sleeping Beauty 2.1: A Cottage In The Woods

I still didn't really understand why I had to go and live with Flora, Fauna and Merryweather. But mum and dad seemed really worried by what that scary lady had said, and if they thought it was true then I believed her too. I didn't want to die. I'm not really sure what happens when you die, but I didn't think I'd like it.

After we left the castle grounds, the three fairies took me to their cottage on the outskirts of town. It was really nice, considering they didn't have a lot of money. I guessed they must have kept it nicely with their magic.

They stood around muttering for a bit, talking about "protecting" the house somehow. I think they forgot I was still there, because soon Merryweather noticed me eavesdropping and quickly hushed me inside.

I left them to it and went inside to explore their house. It wasn't as fancy as the castle, but it was still quite cosy and warm. It had a comfortable feeling to it that I liked.

Soon they joined me inside. Flora looked down at my clothing.

"We're going to have to do something about her dress."

"But I like purple! It's my favourite colour."

"I know dear, but we don't want anyone to be able to find you. You have to wear a disguise. In fact..." she mused to herself for a moment, and turned to Fauna and Merryweather.

"She has to forget what we are." I heard her whisper. "She might say something to someone, and risk everything."

Fauna gasped, but Merryweather nodded gravely.

"It has to be done." She replied sombrely. "And we must give her a new name. No one can know she's the princess."

The three sisters looked at one another. And then I must have fallen asleep, because I don't remember anything after that.

---

I woke up and made my bed like always, keen to go downstairs and see my aunts.

Fauna was playing chess. She wasn't very good at it, but she was practising to try and beat Merryweather. Fauna was a teacher at the local school, and she taught me at home too.

Merryweather was studying like always. She was training to be a cook, and she was amazing! She made all the meals for us in the house.

And I couldn't see Flora, but I guessed she was in the garden. She had a really strong connection to plants, and was the best gardener in town. Everyone praised her fruit and vegetables.

My three aunts had raised me very well, and I'd lived with them for as long as I could remember.

I lived a content life, helping out with the chores like cleaning and making my bed, and I was allowed an easel in the garden to paint since my aunts said I was good at it.

And yet... I'd always felt like something was missing. I couldn't place it, but the feeling was there.

"Good morning, Briar Rose!" my aunts greeted me.

"Good morning," I replied cheerily, trying to put my problems to rest.

Sometimes things felt like they were stirring up memories, like my teddy bear Flora said was a gift from my parents. I didn't remember them very well, but when I hugged it, it felt like home.

But anyway, I was very happy most of the time and I didn't want for anything. Although sometimes I did wish I could go outside more, but my aunts said it was too dangerous. I was only ever allowed out in the garden where my aunts could keep an eye on me.

Soon it was time for my birthday. They had prepared a lovely birthday party for me!

They were all very excited for me to grow up.

I couldn't wait to finally become a teenager!

I was sixteen now, and ready for more of the freedom that came along with it.

"Aunt Flora, now I'm old enough, can I please go into town to sell your food at the market? I promise I'll be careful."

"Briar Rose, it's just not safe. We don't want anything to happen to you."

"What would happen? I can look after myself!"

"The answer is no. I'm sorry." They never expanded any more on that, and there was no point arguing with them.

I sighed. "Fine."

It wasn't all bad I supposed. I really did have quite a good life, and I knew they were just trying to protect me. But I still felt a little bit trapped sometimes.

I still had my teddy, and he could keep me company for now.

But as I settled into bed that night, I made a bargain with myself that I would go outside and explore... soon.

---

Next will be from Alice, though the two will run concurrently with each other. Hope you liked it!

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
Re: The Disney Legacy: Sleeping Beauty 2.1
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2014, 10:08:38 AM »
Haha good! Yeah I find it quite fun going CC hunting, feels like shopping for your sims :D I like clothes and hair!

Exactly! Sometimes, I quell my urge to shop by downloading some CC :P It works (sorta).

And oooh, I'm already excited to see what's going to happen. Teenage Aurora is so pretty and I'm really excited that you'll have two viewpoints. I love that kind of thing!

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Disney Legacy: Alice In Wonderland 2.2
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2014, 03:42:12 AM »
Exactly! Sometimes, I quell my urge to shop by downloading some CC :P It works (sorta).

And oooh, I'm already excited to see what's going to happen. Teenage Aurora is so pretty and I'm really excited that you'll have two viewpoints. I love that kind of thing!

It really does work! Aw thanks, I'm pretty happy with how she turned it considering I've promised myself not to give plastic surgery to any sims in this legacy D: Yay, good, it really felt like it wouldn't work with just one viewpoint at this time in the story.

Here's Alice's story:

---

Alice In Wonderland 2.2: In A World Of My Own

I told them something bad would happen, I just knew it. Sometimes I get these feelings, deep down inside, and they're always right. I don't know how, they just are.

Aurora's always been their favourite. They love us all equally, I know they do, and they're great parents. But they've always thought I was odd, and even Arthur pales in comparison to the creative and beautiful Aurora. I love her too, don't get me wrong! She's my sister, of course I do, but I suppose I've always been a little jealous that she's the most doted on.

But we'd actually become good friends, and I was shocked and sad to see her go. I hoped she would be safe, it was only down to circumstance that she'd happened to be the one cursed instead of Arthur or I. I supposed it was just because she was the eldest and the first to receive Coronation.

What my mother didn't know was that I'd ran outside after she'd left, just to see her go. The three fairies were ahead of her, talking quietly amongst themselves about which protection spells to use. I'm sure she was going to be safe with them, but for three such smart women they seemed pretty scatterbrained.

"Stay safe Aurora. I'll see you soon."

She nodded sadly. I don't think either of us could bear to properly say goodbye.

We were completely different as sisters can be, she was grounded and girly, and I was always off in a 'world of my own' as my mother called it, and very much a tomboy.

After I watched her go, closely followed by the three fairies, I ran back inside before anyone noticed I was missing. I doubted they would anyway, after being in such a panic about Aurora.

I stood on the balcony, reflecting on everything that had happened. That scary woman that had arrived looked like something straight out of my nightmare, the one about the evil queen. I much preferred the nice dreams about white rabbits and tea parties.

Life carried on mostly, although it was quieter without Aurora. People at school kept asking where she'd gone, but we couldn't say anything so Arthur and I just used to shrug and ignore it. People probably thought we were weird, but I didn't care. They already thought I was!

I felt pretty lonely, so I invented an imaginary friend for myself. I called him Hatter, after the zany character in my dreams.

Arthur grew up into a teenager. He looked a lot like mum and I, while Aurora looked more like our dad.

He was pretty okay for an older brother. He used to indulge me in my games of fantasy, and we didn't fight much at all. Except when he got annoyed when he was trying to do homework!

Our neighbour Phillip, who was apparently a prince as well, had a birthday party and invited us.

He seemed quite excited, though I hoped it wouldn't be spoilt like the last party.

He was quite handsome, though he seemed to like dressing casually considering he was a prince. I guess I couldn't really talk because Arthur and I didn't exactly act like royalty either.

His dad Hubert was very proud of him, and his mother Arabella too, though she hid it beneath a snooty exterior. He had a horse named Samson that he loved, and rode it around everywhere. Even to school!

His parents really were very nice, although complete opposites to each other. I don't know how they ever got married! His dad was very pleasant and jovial, and his mum thoughtful and sincere; although she was a little bit snooty. I caught her stealing glances at my clothes sometimes which made me convinced she was judging me!

I couldn't blame her really, I was one eclectic individual. After I became a teenager, I chose to really dress how I wanted. The other kids at school made fun of me sometimes, but I didn't really care. I had my small group of friends, and I would wear whatever I felt like regardless of what everyone else thought.

And if that sometimes meant wearing my sports clothes to bed, then so be it!

Dad had a quiet birthday, where he grew up into an elder! Mum said he was distinguished, to me he just looked older.

Lancelot was as playful as ever, always scampering about the house.

We got the bus together every day to school, where the other kids would avoid us and gossip about how our sister, the prestigious Aurora, had been kidnapped. We tried to stick together and ignore them, but it was hard.

Luckily my family were always there for me, and that included Bruno!

Speaking of which, it was finally time for him to become an elder too!

Now that was what I call distinguished.

---

Hope you liked it! Part 2 on it's way soon.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2014, 05:45:07 AM »
Oh my, Alice is stunning! :O
Happy Birthday Malcolm and Bruno!
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline brainofivane

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »
I thought I already commented on Aurora's chapter. *facepalm* Guess I didn't...

I feel really sorry for Aurora and am looking forward to what will happen once she gets out of the house - though I have a feeling that that's when she's gonna end up fast asleep. Tsk, tsk.

I really love Alice's voice. It's just so... fun and rebellious maybe? I love her style and she looks stunning. Aurora is also beautiful, but I don't know... there's something about Alice. I'm really amazed at how all this is working out and I'm also excited to see how Arthur fits into the story.

BTW, Alice's outfit kind of has a "mad hatter" feel to it. Haha... Wonder if she'll ever be in wonderland!

Once again, awesome awesome work!

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
  • I am the queen of genies FEAR ME
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2014, 07:12:58 AM »
Nice, I really like how with Alice's personality you sort of veered off the origanal story. And darn it my weird idea that without Aurora, Phillip would start hitting on Alice, failed. (As of now)

Offline doriankoeuf

• Nooboo
    • The Patel Untouchablecy
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2014, 06:54:03 PM »
I was introduced to this legacy by brainofivane, and I must say I'm incredibly impressed. It's like watching a well-produced television show, the costuming, setting, and plot delivery are all gorgeously done. I really, really hope you do this legacy all the way through, and I'm so excited to see how you do the other fairy tales!

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2014, 05:50:33 PM »
Aurora is absolutely beautiful. And I really love the way you dressed Alice. Actually, I really like the way you dressed all of the characters. So creative. I'mnot sure if this has been asked before, but how do you take your pictures? They're so moody and pretty!

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2014, 03:41:28 PM »
Aww guys, thanks for the love! I appreciate your comments so much, they seriously motivate me to keep going! (Not that I wouldn't anyway, but still!)

Oh my, Alice is stunning! :O
Happy Birthday Malcolm and Bruno!

Thank you! To me she looks a lot like Cindy :D She's really fun to dress! And haha thanks, lotta birthdays this chapter!

I thought I already commented on Aurora's chapter. *facepalm* Guess I didn't...

I feel really sorry for Aurora and am looking forward to what will happen once she gets out of the house - though I have a feeling that that's when she's gonna end up fast asleep. Tsk, tsk.

I really love Alice's voice. It's just so... fun and rebellious maybe? I love her style and she looks stunning. Aurora is also beautiful, but I don't know... there's something about Alice. I'm really amazed at how all this is working out and I'm also excited to see how Arthur fits into the story.

BTW, Alice's outfit kind of has a "mad hatter" feel to it. Haha... Wonder if she'll ever be in wonderland!

Once again, awesome awesome work!

Aww no worries I appreciate your comments whenever they happen! Well, so the story goes... but we'll just have to wait and see! Yeah Alice is quite fun to write, she's literally insane in my game so I'll be trying to go one way and then she turns up in her swimwear talking to a plant and it's like... okay... cool, what do I do with this?! Haha. That's funny as I think Aurora's prettier than Alice, but you guys seem to prefer Alice! Interesting. I think they all suit their characters though :D Yeah I downloaded a ton of fun stuff for Alice, I'm excited to dress her up lots! Thank you so much!

Nice, I really like how with Alice's personality you sort of veered off the origanal story. And darn it my weird idea that without Aurora, Phillip would start hitting on Alice, failed. (As of now)

Yeah it seemed like a good point to split the narrative as Alice obviously wouldn't know what's going on with Aurora and vice versa, but I want to tell both their stories! Oh man that would be weird haha, I see your point though as he might remember Alice as the princess he met as a child. Thanks for commenting!

I was introduced to this legacy by brainofivane, and I must say I'm incredibly impressed. It's like watching a well-produced television show, the costuming, setting, and plot delivery are all gorgeously done. I really, really hope you do this legacy all the way through, and I'm so excited to see how you do the other fairy tales!

Aw, that's so lovely! I'm already flattered someone recommended it to you, and you follow it with like the best compliment ever. Thank you so much! I kind of do a mix of letting the sims do their own thing, and trying to blend it in with the storylines so I'm so glad you think it's working! I really really hope I do too haha, I will try my very best! It will definitely happen, even if it takes years! I'll try and resist Sims 4 as it will only make me want to upgrade my computer and then we all know that ends up in tragedy with regards to backwards compatibility. But seriously thanks so much for your lovely kind comments!

Aurora is absolutely beautiful. And I really love the way you dressed Alice. Actually, I really like the way you dressed all of the characters. So creative. I'mnot sure if this has been asked before, but how do you take your pictures? They're so moody and pretty!

Coming from you I'll take that as a compliment as all your sims are stunning! Thank you, it's fun to look for CC for them that will fit into the theme. Each Disney character has a 'colour' as well so with CASt it's a dream come true! Aw thanks, I just take them normally in-game and then edit them in Photoshop by applying this filter from DA. :D Thank you for reading and commenting!

Here's the next part of Alice's chapter:

---

He and mum were still best friends, and he followed her around everywhere.

And now so did Lancelot!

Although I didn't really enjoy school that much, I stuck with it and tried to keep my grades up for mum and dad's sake.

I felt like that allowed me some luxuries, like wearing my formal clothes to bed! How else was I going to dress for tea parties? Real life was pretty boring compared to the Wonderland in my dreams.

I slept in Aurora's bed sometimes; it was comforting and reminded me of her.

Lassie doted on Lancelot and the two were never far apart. It was really cute, though I was more of a cat person.

Soon it was Lancelot's birthday!

He grew into a large dog with a brown snout, a mix of his parents. He would be a useful guard dog for Arthur!

Arthur was good at taking care of the animals, he fed Polly often and always checked on the dogs.

Sometimes I wished I could just grow wings and fly away.

It wasn't that I didn't enjoy my life, it was just so dull compared to the vibrancy of Wonderland. And I missed Aurora. Now that I was older, I could truly appreciate how badly the situation at her coronation could have gone. I was happy that she was safe, but that didn't mean I couldn't wish her back.

It was weird actually, that horrible feeling I'd got at Aurora's coronation when Maleficent had arrived, I felt something similar to it one day when I was out exploring. I ran past the bookshop and some evil old lady was giving another woman a hard time.

I couldn't hear what the argument was about, but she sounded very dried up and bitter. And I could sense the evilness pulsing from her, it made me shiver. I'd heard that mum used to know her, but mum refused to tell me about it. I guess she wanted to keep the past buried.

Apparently my grandfather's spirit had shown up around the house recently, mum told me while she was having lunch.

But it seemed all he wanted was to give the made some cleaning tips, so he must have been pretty happy with everything else in mum's life, which she was pleased about. I know she cared a lot about her mother and father and missed them very much.

Anyway, soon it was mum's turn to join dad in his old age! We all gathered around for her birthday party.

She was as beautiful as ever, just with a few more wrinkles now!

And she still made the best food ever. LIKE EVER. She was talking about returning to her job as a chef now we were all grown up and could look after ourselves, though she gave me a dubious look as she said this.

I really didn't know why everyone thought I was mad. White Rabbit said I was perfectly sane.

One day I'd show everyone what I was talking about, and prove that Wonderland is real.

---

Eep, the gap between screenshots and the story is officially closed up now, I'll have to write and edit the next chapter before I can upload! Scary. I'm really really glad you guys are enjoying it though, I'm enjoying playing/writing it! Next part from Aurora will be up as soon as I've finished editing the pictures.

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2014, 04:18:02 PM »
I like Alice. There's something about that defiant look in her eye on the last picture. It's an interesting take on the character with her being a little unusual and others thinking she's a bit mad.

karlissa

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2014, 05:36:04 PM »
I feel a disturbance in the Arthur-verse.

Great story by the way. I love it!

Offline brainofivane

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »
I love that Alice goes to the white rabbit for assurance on whether or not she's mad. >.< Hahaha... This chapter is more on the fun side, which I think comes with Alice's personality. You're really doing a great job with her. :) Not in a very commenting mood right now, but I still love your work and am really looking forward to what you've got in store for us. ;)