Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252803 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8415 on: July 03, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »
Ok I am a tad confused about a few things:

"Am I allowed to choose an empty lot and place a rabbit hole on it to get access to the new career?" The answer is no but aren't you allowed as it says here :"When I get a new expansion, can I place the new buildings into my town or do I have to wait?" Answer being yes. Wouldn't that include new career's and therefore you would be placing a new career lot on an empty one. I am kind of confused as I understood you could place career lots/ rabbit holes on an empty lot. Wouldn't there always be a copy in the bin.

In the list of lots you gave at the end you say you can give them a Lot Destination Change. Does that mean only moving/adding them if you are playing that world? Or they are free to add to any world.

Can I change an empty residential lot to an empty community lot, then place something on it?

What classifies as an small park and undesignated lot?

Once a private lot is changed to a resort can it be changed back? Also when buying your property for each immortal is that considered a private lot and can be changed. Or is there no option to change it into a resort?

An example to make sure I am understanding this right:

When deleting the horse center in SV if I wanted to replace it and no lots were open I would have to either 1) make a new lot 2) Move something to another lot and place it. Or is option 2 not allowed?

1. The difference lies in what you are placing. The best example I can think of is in Late Night's movie career. In the community lot bin, there is a 64x64 lot for Plumbbob Pictures Backlot (or something like that). That one is ok to place. However, if you go into build mode on an empty lot, and access the community lot items section, you will see actual rabbithole objects - the LN rabbithole of the movie lot an object that requires a lot of at least 40x40.

Placing the lot itself is ok. Placing a rabbithole object onto an empty lot is not.

2. I don't understand this question - but I'll take a stab at it. Certain lots can have designation changes. Usually when an empty lot is added to the world, it's added as a residential, but can be changed to a community lot. All other changes, see Rica's note.

3. Which leads to yes, as long as you are placing a community lot, and not a rabbithole object.

4. If you hover over the purple lot marker, it'll tell you what it is. Undesignated is usually a blank residential. Small park will usually say so.

5. I don't know the answer to the first part, but no, it's not a private lot. You need to buy a building (one of the pre-existing rabbitholes, or a rabbithole placed properly), and a property, which is still community access, and upgraded accordingly - such as a gym, or a tavern.

6. And that is correct, either method. Or, just go without the equestrian center.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8416 on: July 03, 2013, 09:54:18 PM »
Shirin is right.  If you want doxxie, I don't mind getting a PM from you and you can tell me what town you're starting in and what you would like to do.  I can then arrange to be here for you every step of the way to get the town exactly how you want it.  I'm also available through Yahoo Instant Messenger and you can find that info on my profile if you're interested.  If not that's ok, too  (This invitation is open to anyone)

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sarcasticsuperherogirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #8417 on: July 03, 2013, 10:39:45 PM »
Can we live on a houseboat, or only on the designated Legacy lots?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8418 on: July 03, 2013, 10:44:17 PM »
You have to still live on the designated dynasty lot.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8419 on: July 04, 2013, 12:26:42 AM »
I read the edit town post, and I'm still a little confused. We are not allowed to place empty lots just to place them, but are we allowed to place an empty lot to place a port or another allowed building on it? Basically, in my Dynasty in BB I want to place a lot over the water so I can place a port on it, is this allowed?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8420 on: July 04, 2013, 12:28:18 AM »
Yes you can place a lot as long as you are placing it to put something on it.  You just can't place a lot to purchase and build on to make your own lot.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #8421 on: July 04, 2013, 01:01:37 AM »
@Shirin, thank you so much for answering everything. I think I have a better understanding now. Thanks so much!

@Rica I will for sure take you up on PM'ing through the forum. Give me a few days, probably after July Fourth to get to it. But yes, for sure! Thanks!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8422 on: July 04, 2013, 02:04:25 AM »
 :) You're very welcome.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8423 on: July 04, 2013, 02:19:44 AM »
Yes you can place a lot as long as you are placing it to put something on it.  You just can't place a lot to purchase and build on to make your own lot.

Thank you very much, Rica. :)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #8424 on: July 04, 2013, 11:44:20 AM »
To confirm, to add a port to a non-Isla Paradiso town, we have to save one from Isla Paradiso and add it to an empty lot that we've put down at the edge of the water or do we have to make our own port?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8425 on: July 04, 2013, 12:01:33 PM »
You cannot make your own lots so yes if you want a port you'll have to place one from Isla Paradiso.

Offline darknessmaster947

• Nooboo
« Reply #8426 on: July 04, 2013, 10:33:26 PM »
Hi, I'm thinking about a dynasty attempt, and I was wondering: can you turn off certain seasons, like winter for instance?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8427 on: July 04, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Yes the rules state very specifically that it is Player's Choice when it comes to seasons.

Offline darknessmaster947

• Nooboo
« Reply #8428 on: July 04, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »
Thanks Rica, I just had to make sure because I'm a worrier like that.  :P

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8429 on: July 04, 2013, 10:51:07 PM »
I understand.  It's always best to know beforehand.  Don't hesitate to ask anything. Make sure you understand it all including the special Edit Town rules post.