Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252988 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8370 on: June 30, 2013, 10:09:23 AM »
I've been playing Sims for a long time (since Superstar), and have yet to complete a legacy ever! I'm starting this one tonight. We'll see how it goes, but I'm super excited!

I hate to be a stickler but please remember this is a dynasty not a legacy they are very different challenges by two totally different people and the dynasty is very much a Carl's exclusive.

Welcome to the forum.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8371 on: June 30, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »
First of all a big welcome to the forum,I hope you enjoy your time with us. Secondly I am excited to see what happens with Grace and her legacy.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline redmare

• Townie
« Reply #8372 on: June 30, 2013, 10:36:09 PM »
I have a question... Is it okay for my 1st gen family to adopt a child when their to-be immortal is still a toddler?
Please take a look at my story, the Thousand House!
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,15796.0.html

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #8373 on: June 30, 2013, 10:56:50 PM »
I have a question... Is it okay for my 1st gen family to adopt a child when their to-be immortal is still a toddler?

I can't see why it would be a problem. It really isn't all that different from having a child from a prior relationship move in when the spouse does, or from having 2 'helpers' have a kid.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8374 on: June 30, 2013, 11:02:21 PM »
The difference being what makes an immortal important is they are the first child of the family - Having an older sibling even if they are adopted doesn't seem to make them as special.   I'll ask Metro this later.  I'm fairly certain it's ok because the rules state first BORN child is the immortal.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #8375 on: July 01, 2013, 01:20:05 AM »
I've just installed Island Paradise and enjoyed it(except my game crashes whenever I try to scuba dive, so I can't enjoy that), but I was wondering something. Wihat are the fate of the mermaids? Will they be banned like genies or allowed like Imaginary Friends? I think they might be banned because if you have a mermaid immortal heir supermaxing scuba diving, he'll get it easily since a child mermaid grows up to teen with scuba diving mastered already.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8376 on: July 01, 2013, 01:21:05 AM »
We haven't actually finalized any of our decisions and appreciate the patience of the community while we work on this as well as enjoy our summers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8377 on: July 01, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »
I'm not a happy bunny right now, one of my spares has just given Grim a death flower but I have no idea how as she didn't have one, she had however picked up a special seed in the garden that the swift grow station had spawned, surely it wasn't that?

I'm rather confused by this as I don't know where she got it, I double checked the greenhouse and it's almost empty apart from a couple of mushrooms, my gardener was a spare who died weeks ago so I've just left it, the one who just died had harvested the plants for me a couple of days ago but there are no death flower bushes in there  ???

Would a death flower seed be good enough to give Grim or must it be the flower? if it is then I had no idea you could do that.

EDIT: Okay I unpaused and looked in her inventory, the seed has gone, how annoying.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8378 on: July 01, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »
So you're saying a seed saved her life?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8379 on: July 01, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »
It would seem so, I think I might open a new game and test that out but she wished to find some seeds and it was in the garden so I let her pick it up to fulfill the wish, I always thought it had to be the flower, didn't it?

EDIT: Grim finally left so I can save is it okay to go back to my last save just to double check her inventory? to see if I'm mistaken about the flower.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8380 on: July 01, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »
I thought so too.   Let us know how the tests come out.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8381 on: July 01, 2013, 04:18:08 PM »
Okay so I did some testing in a new game, tried a few different scenarios out and this is what happened.

Test 1:

Put my sim on the dynasty plot in Riverview and covered it in spawners and a couple of swift grow stations, had her read till level 7 gardening then picked up seven seeds and identified them, two were death seeds, I then used testing cheats and starved her to death twice holding just one seed at a time, both times she gave Grim the seed.

some screenshots

Death seeds
Dead sim with seed in inventory
Grim with flower

Test 2:

This time I had her pick up 10 special seeds and didn't identify them, I left them stacked in her inventory and starved her again, I was hoping at least one would be a death seed, well Grim arrived and whacked her with his scythe and that was that, but before he left the lot I had time to drag her seeds out of inventory onto the ground.

Once the change household message appeared I picked Meadow Carpenter-Rhodes, she's level 5 gardening so after a trip to the library to get to level 7 I had her collect and identify the seeds, one was a death seed, so unsure if he would only take two or if it was something else I did some tests with Meadow.

Test 3 & 4:

Meadow had the seed from my sim and also identified two more, they were all stacked in her inventory, she gave all 3 to Grim, she then collected 11 seeds left them stacked and didn't identify them, she died, so if it's unidentified and stacked they wont give it, if it's identified yet stacked they will (proof in next test)

Test 5 & 6:

I switched household again for some seed roulette, first I resurrected my sim and Meadow via philosophers stone and genie then collected Meadows seeds, she had been carrying a death seed in her stack of 11, so now time to test if unidentified single seeds worked like my dynasty sim had.

seven sims and seven unidentified seeds plus my sim to identify them, all seven sims died, no death seeds in that batch.

reloaded ditched those seeds and collected seven more, saved then identified them, one death seed, reloaded and played another game of seed roulette, six died only one left and I thought i'd made a mistake but then number seven gave grim a deathflower.

So there you have it, it would seem a single unstacked seed will do the trick, can't say if it changed with the patch or not, I almost feel it did as somebody would have had this happen surely?

I feel you should try it yourself though as it will probably change the rules of keeping seeds in inventory if this can happen.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #8382 on: July 01, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »
Wow... that's crazy!  I haven't noticed anything like that before the patch... I'm almost positive that a few of my collecting spares had some death seeds in their inventory, but they died just like they were supposed.  It would appear to be the patch.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8383 on: July 01, 2013, 05:50:09 PM »
That is crazy.   And it's certainly worth a test on my part.  I wonder if it would still hold true for people who don't have the swiftgrow station and therefore can't identify seeds.

Offline SaintWalker

• Nooboo
« Reply #8384 on: July 02, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »
Hey i'm trying to start this challenge in Twinbrook but I can't seem to find the lot 16 Puddlewick Dr. Can anyone help?

anything