Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3253011 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8250 on: June 15, 2013, 08:19:57 PM »
You don't have to place a new shop, but you ay need to place a new register, which would require you to own the shop as Rica said.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8251 on: June 15, 2013, 08:34:31 PM »
I can purchase the property. Is there anything specific I have to do, if I choose that route to fix the issue?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8252 on: June 15, 2013, 08:35:25 PM »
If your family can purchase the property, go ahead and purchase the property, delete the register and place a new one from the community Objects section in build mode.   That will fix it.  If you wanted, you could place more than one.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #8253 on: June 15, 2013, 09:06:49 PM »
Also remember that if the next immortal hasn't purchased a property this could be it. So have him or her buy it.
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8254 on: June 15, 2013, 11:08:38 PM »
If your family can purchase the property, go ahead and purchase the property, delete the register and place a new one from the community Objects section in build mode.   That will fix it.  If you wanted, you could place more than one.

I did this, but the store is still closed and no one is working there. :/

Does the resetsim* trick reset my family members, as well? I may try that.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8255 on: June 15, 2013, 11:09:24 PM »
Resetsim * resets everyone, including your active sims. I'd give it a try, for sure.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8256 on: June 16, 2013, 04:10:33 AM »
Alright, well I got that fixed (finally) but now I have a whole different issue; I had create a Excel Spreadsheet of all of my information, but then I must've had to shutdown my computer one time, and wasn't able to save my information/log, and now I don't remember the info for my first immortal's stuff. I KNOW I got all of the requirements done, I just can't tell you for the life of me what the bffs were or the opportunities were. He's already been ambrosia'd and everything, just...ugh. Does this mean I can't continue it anymore?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8257 on: June 16, 2013, 04:23:14 AM »
Alright, well I got that fixed (finally) but now I have a whole different issue; I had create a Excel Spreadsheet of all of my information, but then I must've had to shutdown my computer one time, and wasn't able to save my information/log, and now I don't remember the info for my first immortal's stuff. I KNOW I got all of the requirements done, I just can't tell you for the life of me what the bffs were or the opportunities were. He's already been ambrosia'd and everything, just...ugh. Does this mean I can't continue it anymore?

As long as you're 100% certain that the requirements were met, you're fine to continue.  You don't have to turn in a spreadsheet or a list of the specific requirements to get in the Hall of Fame.  I would suggest that you continue using your spreadsheet, though, because the record keeping will only get harder.  There's a link to an online spreadsheet in the first post on this thread that you're welcome to use.  It automatically saves for you and makes it harder to lose information.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8258 on: June 16, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »
While Pam is right and you don't have to have a spreadsheet or give us the info, you may run into a problem if you don't remember what the info was supposed to be.

How can you know with a 100% certainty that you don't repeat any opportunities if you don't know which ones your founder did?  If your founder did gardening and fishing that means you wouldn't be able to let any other immortal to be do gardening or fishing just to not fail yourself unknowingly.  Opportunities cannot be repeated.   One person can't do them and claim them and another person do them.  Since you have no idea which ones were done, how will you know that they can't be claimed in the future?  How will you know which one of his LTRs were unique and to not give them to anyone else.

As Pam said, there is an online spreadsheet that you can use.   There is also a trick about using your character's Bio Page to put down all the information.    This information is always in the game and it's unique for each Sim so all you'd have to do is look there.

I'm not trying to make you start over and I'm not trying to be mean with my earlier comments but if you're going to keep going and have hope of getting into HOF, you're going to need to be 1000% that you didn't repeat a single opp you weren't supposed to or claim two of the same best friend or use two of the same LTRs.     

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ganja

• Nooboo
« Reply #8259 on: June 16, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »
There are no makeovers allowed. Does that mean we're not allowed to change their hairstyle or clothes, even if there are really ugly?
Or do "makeovers" just include facial and body changes?
When Einstein's students took exams, one student asked him: "But you're asking the same questions from the last term." Einstein: "That's right. Only the answers are different this time.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #8260 on: June 16, 2013, 12:02:40 PM »
There are no makeovers allowed. Does that mean we're not allowed to change their hairstyle or clothes, even if there are really ugly?
Or do "makeovers" just include facial and body changes?

By "makeovers," the rules specifically mean the makeovers offered at the salon, since they reset the age of the Sims using it. Ordinary mirror-and-dresser makeovers are perfectly fine.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8261 on: June 16, 2013, 12:02:54 PM »
There are no makeovers using any interaction called Makeover from the Styling salon.   Planning your outfit and Changing your appearance are allowed using the dresser and mirror.

Plastic Surgery is also banned.   

Audren beat me!

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8262 on: June 16, 2013, 04:21:17 PM »
While Pam is right and you don't have to have a spreadsheet or give us the info, you may run into a problem if you don't remember what the info was supposed to be.

How can you know with a 100% certainty that you don't repeat any opportunities if you don't know which ones your founder did?  If your founder did gardening and fishing that means you wouldn't be able to let any other immortal to be do gardening or fishing just to not fail yourself unknowingly.  Opportunities cannot be repeated.   One person can't do them and claim them and another person do them.  Since you have no idea which ones were done, how will you know that they can't be claimed in the future?  How will you know which one of his LTRs were unique and to not give them to anyone else.

As Pam said, there is an online spreadsheet that you can use.   There is also a trick about using your character's Bio Page to put down all the information.    This information is always in the game and it's unique for each Sim so all you'd have to do is look there.

I'm not trying to make you start over and I'm not trying to be mean with my earlier comments but if you're going to keep going and have hope of getting into HOF, you're going to need to be 1000% that you didn't repeat a single opp you weren't supposed to or claim two of the same best friend or use two of the same LTRs.     

Well, I'm not too concerned over repeating opps, since he was in the medical career and I had the logic skill for maxing out (after he was a YA), so I'm pretty sure most of his Opps came from that. I can also recognize most of them, and can stay away from them if I think first immortal gen did it before, or just stay away from logic/medical ones entirely. The BFF/LTR isn't an issue, since the first immortal's bffs are now either dead, npcs, or was one of his kids and I really don't add on any new LTR unless absolutely necessary and I'm okay with the other immortals not having it as their respective LTR.

Now, whether or not this is good enough for HoF or not, idk. Guess I'll meet that hurdle when I'm done with the family.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8263 on: June 16, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »
It's only good enough for HOF if you're 1000% certain like I said.

I know of a website that lists opportunities if you want the link to see if you can write down the information.   When you finish the family, in good conscience, you need to be the one that says I followed the rules and didn't do anything to jeopardize your first immortal's immortality.  If he did mostly logic or medicine, then it's a safe bet that no other immortal to be in your house should ever learn logic or be a doctor.

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8264 on: June 16, 2013, 10:10:51 PM »
Actually, I think I figured out which opps he had (had some spare papesr lying around, which I used to doodle on and write things down as I went; didn't realize I had them still). But now there is some confusion as to which opps the second immortal got as a kid. Can I just make a list of opps that I'm not sure if he did or not, and just not count them (but also not let any of the other future immortals use them)?  Or does it HAVE to be the very first ones he does? I've got the titles and everything, I just don't know if he did them or not and thus don't want to count them, but also not let others use it.

anything