Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252184 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8130 on: May 26, 2013, 08:14:07 PM »
Yeah go ahead and go back and use buydebug.  Sorry about the crashing.  Good to know it comes back but if it causes crashes it's a cautious option at best.

Thank you.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #8131 on: May 26, 2013, 08:43:06 PM »
Thanks!  No worries, I don't mind testing things out as I go!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #8132 on: May 27, 2013, 01:36:20 AM »
If you have a witch, try casting a love spell on Aphrodite, and then have her talk to someone. Alternatively, have someone dare her to kiss the sim you want at a party. Ie: try to find a way to make them romantic interests that doesn't involve you clicking on the desired sim, since romantic actions aren't popping up. To try for baby, use shower/wardrobe/etc for the same reason. Not sure if it will work for you or not, but that's what worked for me in a similar situation.

I sent her to the theater with a potential love interest and got them to 'make out backstage'. Back out, she was able to have romantic interactions as normal :D! Phew! That was close!

Also, I've noticed that my game is lagging after I did a remodelling using columns extensively. Is it the columns or could it be something else?
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8133 on: May 27, 2013, 03:22:19 AM »
Is this true for all opportunities or just these two?  Just how far does the same name thing go?
This is the first case of the issue (same-named opportunities) I've encountered in the game so far (I'm playing TS3 in Russian since 2009, currently on my third generation of immortals, and I write in dynasty stats in two languages; Number Two The Cook counted Add It Up for his ambrosia, and now Number Three The Horseman gets Horse Jump Power Hour). Maybe there are other cases, as Russian translators often take too much liberty in translation, but I haven't found it yet, and I hope there are none.
Spoilers -- oops, my bad  :-[ Sorry, I'll remember that.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8134 on: May 27, 2013, 12:08:19 PM »
I sent her to the theater with a potential love interest and got them to 'make out backstage'. Back out, she was able to have romantic interactions as normal :D! Phew! That was close!

Also, I've noticed that my game is lagging after I did a remodelling using columns extensively. Is it the columns or could it be something else?

Probably something else. Columns should have no effect on it - it's like saying, "could it be the walls or something else?"

I just started a 2nd Dynasty, and I had to use columns to fill in areas of my uniquely designed house, until it was done (then I deleted them). I did do a Resetsim * recently, which actually cleared up my lag issues. Try that, see if it works.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8135 on: May 27, 2013, 12:09:53 PM »
This is the first case of the issue (same-named opportunities) I've encountered in the game so far (I'm playing TS3 in Russian since 2009, currently on my third generation of immortals, and I write in dynasty stats in two languages; Number Two The Cook counted Add It Up for his ambrosia, and now Number Three The Horseman gets Horse Jump Power Hour). Maybe there are other cases, as Russian translators often take too much liberty in translation, but I haven't found it yet, and I hope there are none.
Spoilers -- oops, my bad  :-[ Sorry, I'll remember that.

See if you can get your 6 opportunities without using the one that has the same name.   If you can't, then yes you can count it when it comes to ambrosia time.  Does that make sense? 

;)  Good luck.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8136 on: May 27, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »
See if you can get your 6 opportunities without using the one that has the same name.   If you can't, then yes you can count it when it comes to ambrosia time.  Does that make sense? 
So I can complete this one now, just better not count it when it comes to ambrosia requirements? Okay, alright then :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #8137 on: May 27, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
Hi, so, I have a puppy problem. I already posted about it in the Pets forum but basically, puppy spawned on the steps of Varg's Tavern and can't get down them to go home. It can't interact with my sims and my sims can only rename it. I don't have the money to purchase the lot to give the puppy a food bowl and wait until it ages up two days from now. If a solution to this issue can't be found, do I have permission to go back to the save before I adopted the puppy? Or do I just have to let the puppy be taken away?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8138 on: May 27, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »
Have you tried resetSim on the puppy?

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #8139 on: May 27, 2013, 05:49:17 PM »
Just tried it again and it worked, whew! Thanks!

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8140 on: May 27, 2013, 07:33:31 PM »
If a heir born normal, can i use a wichcraft elixir on she?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8141 on: May 27, 2013, 07:34:32 PM »
The rules allow it because it doesn't extend life.

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #8142 on: May 28, 2013, 01:06:14 AM »
How did she max logic?  Was it in another location?  Did you just start trying to do it and now it's not working or has it ever worked in the past?  Do you have earlier saves you could check to see if it works for them but not this one?

Ok. She maxed logic in the playpen, and while making the potions as a child. She did most of the chess tournament in China. She was okay with the tutor sims in skills challenge. In this game this is the first time I've done it. At first I thought the child I was working with, Caspian a household member, was an A student and had maxed logic himself, so I tried with at least two different paper kids to no avail. I have other sims (non-immortals) who have logic, so I'll try with them and see if it effects the whole game. I don't have an earlier save. In my practice games I've managed to max logic, they were pre-Supernatural. If all else fails, I can just find her another skill to Supermax.

Offline Pernille

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8143 on: May 28, 2013, 03:01:53 AM »
Two of my sims in my immortal dynasty have become unresponsive. Their portraits are blank and I cannot select them. The two sims appear on the screen, but they are stuck and cannot be interacted with by other sims. It is like they don't exist. I have tried resetting them but nothing happens. I also went back several saves only to discover that they were hit by the same bug in all of them. One of the spouses who had died also seemed to suffer from it in the earlier saves before he died.

I tried (in a old save to make sure I didn't break dynasty rules) to move the affected sims out and back via the edit town but that didn't make any difference.

Are there any other options I could try? I would really hate to loose this dynasty :(

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #8144 on: May 28, 2013, 08:02:11 AM »
Pernille, I've had that issue and have managed to sort of fix it, but I don't recommend trying this without challenge board approval.  When it happened to me it was a regular file, not a challenge file.

What I did was move the family out to an empty lot and save them to the library.  Then I saved a copy of the now-empty house to the library.  I then bulldozed the house, so it was an empty residential lot.  I also bulldozed the family, removing them from town.  Then I placed the copy of the house on the lot and the copy of the family in the house.  If everything worked out properly the family still had all of their things, relationships, jobs, etc.

To be honest I had this happen frequently in an older patch/expansion version of the game, and it generally came from travel and it generally meant the game was already a little corrupted.  There were times where I could fix the file, and times where the fix was temporary and the issues slowly started happening again.  Hopefully what you're experiencing isn't this and you're able to fix your dynasty and carry on.  Best of luck!