Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252478 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8115 on: May 25, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »
You mean have a spare born from nightly visits?  Yes.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #8116 on: May 25, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »
You mean have a spare born from nightly visits?  Yes.

Haha I love how you phrased it. Now to prepare the 'nightly visit':D!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8117 on: May 26, 2013, 01:35:20 AM »
EA Russia... How can I describe them, while avoiding using the word "ignorant"? You've all heard about game-breaking bugs; well, these guys always provide Russian simmers with game-breaking translations (seriously, my Sim had nearly died in Egypt because of a messy translation of the quest). Today I've encountered possibly immortal-challenge-breaking translation, and I need your decision.

First, look at these two quests:

And that's how they appear in Russian locale:

You may notice EXACTLY THE SAME NAMES for two very different opportunities ("Быстрее, выше, сильнее" is Russian for Olympic motto Citius Altius Fortius; not sure why EA Russia likes it so much...). And as we all know, "opportunities with the same name cannot be counted twice" (c) rules.

Now, I'm almost sure these two opportunities could be counted separately, as they are clearly very distinctively different. But I'm asking for the ruling of that case, just to be on the safe side ;) Thanks in advance!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #8118 on: May 26, 2013, 02:01:25 AM »
It's me again, Rica!  *waves* Sorry to keep bothering you.  My mailbox is buggy, and Amber, Aragorn and Legolas have the bills and omni plants that you can't get rid of.  So far it's not affecting gameplay, but Amber is starting to drop actions and reset herself.  Is there a work around for this?  The Sims 3 forum says to replace the mailbox in buydebug, but that's not an option.  Any suggestions?

ETA: Sorry, it was Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog I checked.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #8119 on: May 26, 2013, 02:26:50 AM »
Wasn't the last patch released supposed to fix that?

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #8120 on: May 26, 2013, 02:35:32 AM »
No idea.  I'm patched up to the latest one, I check every time I open the launcher.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #8121 on: May 26, 2013, 02:42:38 AM »
I'm having problems SuperMaxing logic. The immortal to be, Susan, has done all the challenges except Teacher Extraordinaire. Every time I click on the Friendly tutor interaction, she sits down with the kid, says one sentence and is popped out. At first I thought it was because the child in question had mastered logic and was an A student. So I got one of the adults to get the paper kid, but the same thing happened with them. She only has 1 hour in the journal to her name. Is there a solution that is allowable under the rules?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #8122 on: May 26, 2013, 05:12:28 AM »
Have you tried resetting her?

By samoht04

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #8123 on: May 26, 2013, 06:55:24 AM »
Just tried that, she still pops out of the interaction, have to line up a whole heap of them.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #8124 on: May 26, 2013, 10:35:48 AM »
Aphrodite is now a young adult and she can do online dating. However, her romantic interactions are only for teens NOT adults!

What can I do?

I've tried resetsim, of no avail :s!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #8125 on: May 26, 2013, 01:24:11 PM »
Aphrodite is now a young adult and she can do online dating. However, her romantic interactions are only for teens NOT adults!

What can I do?

If you have a witch, try casting a love spell on Aphrodite, and then have her talk to someone. Alternatively, have someone dare her to kiss the sim you want at a party. Ie: try to find a way to make them romantic interests that doesn't involve you clicking on the desired sim, since romantic actions aren't popping up. To try for baby, use shower/wardrobe/etc for the same reason. Not sure if it will work for you or not, but that's what worked for me in a similar situation.

Offline Fuzzle139

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8126 on: May 26, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »
I'm curious about something. I know that mods aren't allowed in an immortal dynasty. My question is why? I haven't seen that explained anywhere, and I'm curious as to the reason.

In addition, if I were to start a dynasty challenge using mods, would I be able to just state at the beginning that I wasn't going for Hall of Fame, and still be allowed to post it on the Dynasty Stories board?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8127 on: May 26, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »
Everyone needs to be on a level-playing field when they're going for the Hall of Fame, and a great chunk of mods make the playing field uneven. The reason that all mods whatsoever are banned is because it would be a lot of work judging which ones truly don't affect gameplay and which ones do and approving them.

But if you use mods for a dynasty that you intend to not be for the Hall of Fame anyways, it's absolutely fine to post it. Just make a note that it's not HoF.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8128 on: May 26, 2013, 03:48:39 PM »
EA Russia... How can I describe them, while avoiding using the word "ignorant"? You've all heard about game-breaking bugs; well, these guys always provide Russian simmers with game-breaking translations (seriously, my Sim had nearly died in Egypt because of a messy translation of the quest). Today I've encountered possibly immortal-challenge-breaking translation, and I need your decision.

First, look at these two quests:

And that's how they appear in Russian locale:

You may notice EXACTLY THE SAME NAMES for two very different opportunities ("Быстрее, выше, сильнее" is Russian for Olympic motto Citius Altius Fortius; not sure why EA Russia likes it so much...). And as we all know, "opportunities with the same name cannot be counted twice" (c) rules.

Now, I'm almost sure these two opportunities could be counted separately, as they are clearly very distinctively different. But I'm asking for the ruling of that case, just to be on the safe side ;) Thanks in advance!

Is this true for all opportunities or just these two?  Just how far does the same name thing go?  By the way, I removed your spoilers as we don't use them on the forum. 

It's me again, Rica!  *waves* Sorry to keep bothering you.  My mailbox is buggy, and Amber, Aragorn and Legolas have the bills and omni plants that you can't get rid of.  So far it's not affecting gameplay, but Amber is starting to drop actions and reset herself.  Is there a work around for this?  The Sims 3 forum says to replace the mailbox in buydebug, but that's not an option.  Any suggestions?

ETA: Sorry, it was Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog I checked.

Try deleting the mailbox, doing a save as and seeing if the game will auto place a new one. I've heard it does.

The omni plants were fixed as I haven't received one in a very long time.  The stuck bills thing is regarding the love letters for people who aren't there anymore.  The only time a lot of people get them anymore is usually when they travel and don't check the mail before leaving.     Let me know if the mailbox doesn't come back then you can do the buydebug.  Just let me know so I know not to tell people to do that in the future.

I'm having problems SuperMaxing logic. The immortal to be, Susan, has done all the challenges except Teacher Extraordinaire. Every time I click on the Friendly tutor interaction, she sits down with the kid, says one sentence and is popped out. At first I thought it was because the child in question had mastered logic and was an A student. So I got one of the adults to get the paper kid, but the same thing happened with them. She only has 1 hour in the journal to her name. Is there a solution that is allowable under the rules?

How did she max logic?  Was it in another location?  Did you just start trying to do it and now it's not working or has it ever worked in the past?  Do you have earlier saves you could check to see if it works for them but not this one?

What can I do?

How did you age her up?  I'm wondering if that has any correlation.   Can you do the options that Rhoxi gave and them work? Have you tried on everyone in town or just certain people?

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #8129 on: May 26, 2013, 08:12:31 PM »
Try deleting the mailbox, doing a save as and seeing if the game will auto place a new one. I've heard it does.

The omni plants were fixed as I haven't received one in a very long time.  The stuck bills thing is regarding the love letters for people who aren't there anymore.  The only time a lot of people get them anymore is usually when they travel and don't check the mail before leaving.     Let me know if the mailbox doesn't come back then you can do the buydebug.  Just let me know so I know not to tell people to do that in the future.

Okay, the mailbox did come back, but reset my seasons.  (I checked the settings before starting to play).  So I put them back to where they were before, put the game on pause and it crashed.  Tried to start it up again, it crashed.  Tried twice more and it won't start up.  Tried with the previous save, with the buggy mailbox and no crashing.  May I replace it with buydebug? (And pray that that game won't crash)

The last time anyone traveled was when Merry went to Egypt.  I'm horrible about checking the mail, and I've had three folks die in the house since that trip.  I shall be scrupulous about checking the mail everyday from here on in.
Pika-la-Cynique, GND