Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252573 times)

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7920 on: May 03, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »
Also worth remembering is not everyone owns University, so they can't clone fruit and fish, whereas the Food Replicator came with the base game ;)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #7921 on: May 03, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »
I think I'm going to start another Immortal Dynasty attempt but I just have a question. I know we are allowed to place the nectary (France) and the Martial Arts Academy (China), but do I create my fresh Immortal Dynasty game file then go into France/China via Edit Town and save them to the bin, or do I have to make a separate game file, save them to the bin and then create my ID game file and place them then?

** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7922 on: May 03, 2013, 03:41:11 PM »
Saving them to the library prior to starting your dynasty file is preferred.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7923 on: May 03, 2013, 10:36:07 PM »
Also worth remembering is not everyone owns University, so they can't clone fruit and fish, whereas the Food Replicator came with the base game ;)

I don't get the point. Also if you don't own Pets you can't fish with a cat. Should they forbide fishing cats because not everybody have them?

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #7924 on: May 03, 2013, 11:42:48 PM »
Fishing with a cat still takes time and skilling up and effort to get to the point where deathfish can be caught.

The homegrown life fruit rule is just so someone can't harvest it or buy it off the food stand and immediately have a major part of ambrosia taken care of. Part of the initial stress in this dynasty is putting in the time and effort to find seeds or replant it and grow the fruit. Once the first one is harvested from the ground on your home lot, my understanding is that then it can be cloned/replicated/whatever to extend the life fruit for as much ambrosia as is needed.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #7925 on: May 04, 2013, 12:09:56 AM »
is pose player allowed?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7926 on: May 04, 2013, 12:18:21 AM »
I don't get the point. Also if you don't own Pets you can't fish with a cat. Should they forbide fishing cats because not everybody have them?

No, cloning is not forbidden. You just have to start with fished deathfish and grown life fruit. Regardless of who fishes it and who grows it. Fishing with cats is actually more uncertain because while you can send a human to the graveyard with Angel fish between 12-5 AM and be relatively sure they'll catch it, with cats they catch whatever they catch.

is pose player allowed?

No. It's a mod. If you just want poses for screenshots, consider a second file.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #7927 on: May 04, 2013, 03:22:09 AM »
@aenito: To add to what everyone else said, I meant that the Dynasty is designed(as far as I remember) to be achievable to players with only the base game.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7928 on: May 04, 2013, 03:49:12 AM »
@aenito: To add to what everyone else said, I meant that the Dynasty is designed(as far as I remember) to be achievable to players with only the base game.

This is correct.  The Immortal Dynasty Challenge can be completed using only the base game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7929 on: May 04, 2013, 06:37:03 AM »
I meant that the Dynasty is designed(as far as I remember) to be achievable to players with only the base game.

Yes, that i understand. But the rules must cover all the EP, not only the basegame.

There was no rule on how to properly use the science machine from University so i asked and Ricalynn explained it well. It took us some time but now the rule is clear and i think can cover future EP aswell.

Now i'm running trys on Union Cove and doing the crumplebottom strategy with Carl Ratchcliff and Nyota Uhura/Coda Chrome (i realy love this name for a fotographer).

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #7930 on: May 04, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
I am not sure whether this belongs here, but its about inserting pictures in my Dynasty story. I've seen writers put them so there's two together etc. How do you do it? HTML code or is there something easier?
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7931 on: May 04, 2013, 12:59:52 PM »
I am not sure whether this belongs here, but its about inserting pictures in my Dynasty story. I've seen writers put them so there's two together etc. How do you do it? HTML code or is there something easier?

There is a dirty cheat: click the quote button of the post you want to see how was done and you will be all the tags and stuff.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7932 on: May 04, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »
No cheat required.  I use picmonkey to make collages.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline VtheHappyLurker

• Nooboo
« Reply #7933 on: May 07, 2013, 12:54:24 AM »
One quick question:
 I'm interested in playing the challenge in Appaloosa Plains and I'd like my founder to romance Jazlyn. She's already a pregnant at the beginning of the game, so I was wondering if her child would count as the heir if my founder married her or would my founder need to have another kid with her to be the next immortal.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7934 on: May 07, 2013, 01:25:37 AM »
Adopted and stepchildren do not share the same bloodline as your founder, therefore, your founder's stepchild is ineligible to be the Immortal heir.

He should get to busting out the woohoo on his wife. ;D