Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3253289 times)

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7875 on: April 29, 2013, 03:34:17 PM »
.also, I find lagging happens more on full moon nights, probably contributed to zombie spawns.

Thankfully, I've set to just one single lunar state. I hated the zombies that much!

It all depends on your machine and what kind of luck you have with the game.  Early versions of patches and expansions used to do terrible things to my file size and stability, which is why paranoia led to my non-travelling poorly-dressed hermit approach to immortality (the Fyings didn't know anyone other than co-workers and butlers).  But if you've had great luck with travelling and vacation homes and long running multi-generational games then feel free to do what you like!  It certainly makes for prettier screenshots if your game is stable enough for a bit of decoration and it is more fun when your immortals can leave the house every now and again. 
I actually haven't played any long running generation game and hence my worry. I rather like taking fantastic screenshots,, but was thinking of a minimalistic design in laying out the furniture.

My machine is a pentium dual core and could do with some tweaks, but it has been faithful to me throughout and fingers crossed this time.

On a side note, would saving game files in an external hard drive/ flash drive help?
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7876 on: April 29, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »
However, you can still send children to school on Snow Days. Just tell them to go before the notification that it's a Snow Day shows up.
To add to this, you can still send them to school even after the notification shows up. The kids will hop on their bikes and pedal through the snowy streets with all the crazy adults and their bizarre driving habits. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7877 on: April 29, 2013, 06:21:42 PM »
On a side note, would saving game files in an external hard drive/ flash drive help?

I always do this now that we have an external HD, and I believe Rica does the same. It's brilliant. I have so many saves stored away. I used to have to choose, prune, and delete, but no more!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7878 on: April 29, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »
Yeah I have an external that has every save file from all three of Artie's attempts.  Don't ask about the size of it.  You don't really want to know.  I keep two saves on my actual Hard drive and then move the old ones off for safe keeping.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #7879 on: April 29, 2013, 06:55:36 PM »
Does saving the files on an external HD make the game faster?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7880 on: April 29, 2013, 06:56:51 PM »
Not having them in the folder helps.  Just like moving screenshots to a new folder can help, too.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline joker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7881 on: April 30, 2013, 05:29:21 AM »
You can buy nectar machines on a property you own by placing the register.  The grapes can be gotten from the fruit stands if you have them but otherwise it's up to you.

hello .  if i have a property like  (summer hill spring). then  i can place a register so i can buy the nectar machine?  . if yes where can i find this register? thanks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7882 on: April 30, 2013, 08:04:21 AM »
hello .  if i have a property like  (summer hill spring). then  i can place a register so i can buy the nectar machine?  . if yes where can i find this register? thanks

Hi Joker,

After you buy Summer Hill Springs (or any other community property) you can click on the property in map view and there should be an option for something like 'real estate'. Select build mode (like when you build/expand your house) and there is an image for community objects. Don't select the one that looks like buildings (they place copies of the rabbit hole buildings) select the other one (I think it is called objects), and there'll be a number of items you can choose from, some of which are registers. You'll need to hover over the different registers to get the nectar register. And yes, then you can buy the nectar machines.

Dek

Offline joker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7883 on: April 30, 2013, 08:17:50 AM »
ok .thank you very much Deklitch

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #7884 on: April 30, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »
No Sim can be moved out.

I assume that the above does not include pets, just sims?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7885 on: April 30, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
Correct.   

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #7886 on: April 30, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »
Thanks, Rica, for the confirmation!

Offline joker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7887 on: April 30, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »
Does anyone know where to find the plums in the scholar's garden? I have the opp, but I've looked everywhere and can only see the cherry trees right up front. (And I'd rather not travel if I don't have to)

The vendor at the marketplace sells Plums and Pomelos in china
Pomelo and Cherry trees are found at Han's Orchard
cherry trees are found at  the scholar's garden

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7888 on: April 30, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »
I've had issues with plants transferring when placed down sometimes, too.   As a warning.  Do you have access to the Al Fresco Market?  I've gotten plums there.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7889 on: April 30, 2013, 01:16:35 PM »
I have an interesting dilemma. When I started my current Dynasty attempt, I was fresh off the Life States Dynasty and I was in a different mindset. I forgot that in this dynasty the requirement is six opportunities, not three. As such, I figured my Gardening Founder would be set with the Omni Plant chain and I didn't keep track of the first couple of opportunities she completed. I know she did complete a few, something like Grape Aid and Excellent Harvestables or whatever it's called. My concern is that now she is getting very close on her Ambrosia and I only have four named opportunities on record for her. I do know there were at least two that she completed. Can I count those first two even if I don't remember their exact names?

By samoht04

anything