Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3253868 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7860 on: April 28, 2013, 08:34:09 PM »
Well, yes, you can prevent it by turning off snow, but only at the beginning of a dynasty file. However, you can still send children to school on Snow Days. Just tell them to go before the notification that it's a Snow Day shows up. By the way, as this is the Immortal Dynasty, it doesn't matter if they go to school because they don't have to be on honour roll. If you want to be able to pick the trait, just make sure they're tutored up to an A and you can pick the trait fine.

I'm fairly certain you can change the museum all you want as long as the same portraits stay in it.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7861 on: April 28, 2013, 08:49:15 PM »
Ooooh! You're such a lifesaver Rosa. Thank you so much XD
If something occurred again, I already have my solution!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #7862 on: April 29, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »
Still in Gen 1, I have to ask all the gurus here some advice :

1. I have read a lot about game files being corrupted and games crashing. What's the best way to avoid this?

2. What's the best way to minimize chances of multiple births?

:)
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7863 on: April 29, 2013, 11:20:42 AM »
Still in Gen 1, I have to ask all the gurus here some advice :

1. I have read a lot about game files being corrupted and games crashing. What's the best way to avoid this?

2. What's the best way to minimize chances of multiple births?

:)

There is no way to avoid it really.  Just keep your caches cleared and remember that memories, extra stuff around the house and tons of travel all lead to file bloat.

2. No fertility treatments, no kids music, no kids tv.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #7864 on: April 29, 2013, 11:27:59 AM »
1.  Go ultra-minimalist when building, never enable memories, and don't travel.  The more objects placed on the lot or kept in inventory the more opportunities for one of them to get corrupted (not to mention they all increase the overall file size).  As many of us just experienced in the recent memory challenge enabling memories causes file bloating and lots of bugs.  And travelling is always dangerous with potential glitches, plus each world travelled to creates its own cache within your save file, increasing the overall save size.

2.  Don't let the mother listen to kids music or watch kid's television.  Everything else to increase multiples is something you'd have to direct them to do (procreation elixirs, wishing for large families, fertility treatment reward, etc).  But if her favourite music is kids or she's childish and has access to a radio and television - watch out!   :D

...and Rica the ninja strikes from the shadows to answer with surgical precision.  Basically, what she said.

Edit:  Oh, just remembered an oldie but goodie.  If you aren't already in the habit, I recommend never using the "Save" option but always using "Save As."  Having rolling saves is even better (save1, save2, save3, etc).  I don't know if it's still necessary now, but back in the day using 'Save As' was the only way I could prevent file corruption and the loss of save files.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #7865 on: April 29, 2013, 12:33:35 PM »
Thanks Rica and Vinyl, those were some great hints! I'm going to put them into action to the dot! I don't want to face the horror of my game file getting corrupted!

There is no way to avoid it really.  Just keep your caches cleared and remember that memories, extra stuff around the house and tons of travel all lead to file bloat.

Is it just buymode objects that count or does it include the size of the house? Theoritically it should, but say I have the whole wallpaper over the whole house, then it should be lesser, right?

But if her favourite music is kids or she's childish and has access to a radio and television - watch out!   :D

I didn't realize till sometime that Zelda Mae had turned on the kids channel on the radio :s! Imagine my horror when she popped out twins :s!
Mission Unnamed

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7866 on: April 29, 2013, 12:41:06 PM »
Size of the house, everything.   Vinyl's Fying family only had 1 single wallpaper for the whole house on purpose because of this.  I'm sure having multiple patterns can cause issues.  I only ever used one wallpaper for the outside of buildings and one for the inside.  I might have changed carpet colors but I always used the same flooring.  At least until I got rid of the house all together.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #7867 on: April 29, 2013, 12:47:13 PM »
I find the seasons/weather rather glitchy besides travelling itself...After returning from university, file size suddenly increased by almost 2x, and university is usually the only world that I leave all types of weather on, makes me wanting to skip university for future generations.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7868 on: April 29, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »
University is basically travelling.  Your save file now has to keep up with every Sim in that world as well as your own.  Plus their memories, jobs, needs, etc.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #7869 on: April 29, 2013, 01:25:32 PM »
Urrgghhh I have seasons turned on simply because I love the change :s! No way I'm starting over, so will just carry on using multiple saves as much as possible.

I was thinking of using France as the only travel destination specially because of its connection to nectar making!

Any other suggestions people?

Mission Unnamed

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7870 on: April 29, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »
You can buy nectar machines on a property you own by placing the register.  The grapes can be gotten from the fruit stands if you have them but otherwise it's up to you.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #7871 on: April 29, 2013, 01:35:04 PM »
You can buy nectar machines on a property you own by placing the register.  The grapes can be gotten from the fruit stands if you have them but otherwise it's up to you.

Its more to the fact that I like the idea of a vacation home, but have to reconsider when the time comes.

Now to go back to the godies...
Mission Unnamed

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #7872 on: April 29, 2013, 01:47:40 PM »
I love the nectar register:) Of all three destinations I personally like China the best, because it has the axe, can learn martial arts, can play chess tournaments and its graveyard is the only one that has death-fishes, very helpful when home world ponds are all winter frozen...
Yet there is the problem with terrible routine and lagging...and I really hope there is a way to solve this besides resetsim...also, I find lagging happens more on full moon nights, probably contributed to zombie spawns.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #7873 on: April 29, 2013, 02:37:53 PM »
Does anyone know where to find the plums in the scholar's garden? I have the opp, but I've looked everywhere and can only see the cherry trees right up front. (And I'd rather not travel if I don't have to)

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #7874 on: April 29, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »
Size of the house, everything.   Vinyl's Fying family only had 1 single wallpaper for the whole house on purpose because of this.  I'm sure having multiple patterns can cause issues.  I only ever used one wallpaper for the outside of buildings and one for the inside.  I might have changed carpet colors but I always used the same flooring.  At least until I got rid of the house all together.

I'm not sure if the one wallpaper to rule them all approach really shaves off much memory.  The reason I didn't fuss with wallpaper and paint was the same reason my immortals wore whatever the game threw on them - avoiding using memory to load up patterns in build mode or create a sim.  I've noticed when doing a long building session my game gets progressively slower and the same thing happening when making a lot of new sims.  The cache files after such fiddling support my theory that memory is being added up (I've had cache files of 500MB after some marathon makeover sessions).

It all depends on your machine and what kind of luck you have with the game.  Early versions of patches and expansions used to do terrible things to my file size and stability, which is why paranoia led to my non-travelling poorly-dressed hermit approach to immortality (the Fyings didn't know anyone other than co-workers and butlers).  But if you've had great luck with travelling and vacation homes and long running multi-generational games then feel free to do what you like!  It certainly makes for prettier screenshots if your game is stable enough for a bit of decoration and it is more fun when your immortals can leave the house every now and again. 

anything