Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251147 times)

Offline mald1983

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7845 on: April 26, 2013, 07:12:07 PM »
So, I've been rethinking my strategy for my ID, and I came up with a great plan.  But I have a question: can the founder be a witch?  I know that the rules state that you create one young adult sim and that witches aren't banned from your household.  But I wasn't sure if this was allowed or not.  I wanted to find out before I start out on my ID.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7846 on: April 26, 2013, 07:26:59 PM »
It is allowed. It's been done before and it's not against the rules.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mald1983

• Nooboo
« Reply #7847 on: April 26, 2013, 07:44:51 PM »
Thanks Rosa!  Ooh, I'm so relieved to hear that since I played with a witch and really wanted to try it with the ID.  Also, I think it'll help with my plan of action for Supermax skills and open/allowed skills (I didn't want to have to lock my kitchen!).

Okay...I'm off to start my ID...again.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #7848 on: April 27, 2013, 12:14:29 AM »
Are you allowed to change empty residential lots into community lots and place EA buildings on them? Residential lots with nothing on them, that is, not empty houses.
I want to do my first immortal dynasty and I wanted to make sure of this first.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7849 on: April 27, 2013, 12:15:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Yes you can do this to empty residential lots as stated in the rules.   Just make sure they are empty as in sideways diamond for a maptag not an empty house for a maptag as you said. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7850 on: April 27, 2013, 01:52:54 AM »
I think I just failed my ID. :(

I had my witch spare casting various charms and curses and spells in order to see what they did. I had him cast a 'thirst curse' at a paparazzi sim who was a vampire. The paparazzi-vampire proceeded to die then and there. I think that means that the Victors have met the same fate as so many other of my ID attempts, doesn't it? I had no idea that was going to happen, and now I know that happens I won't use that one again. I had previously cast many of the other curses and charms and spells with the exception of the toadification and pestilence curses.

Dek

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #7851 on: April 27, 2013, 02:30:20 AM »
My founder is a witch, so it's definately fine.

Question: My 3rd gen, Peter, has The Jockey as his LTW and horseman as his career. He won an advanced riding comp on our unicorn which brought his total earned to 10,000. Suddenly the game decided that completed the LTW despite the amount needed being 40,000. Do I wait until he's reached 40,000 before I count it? I can't change his LTW as the game recognises it as being complete.

(LTW stands for Lifetime Wish for those unaware)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7852 on: April 27, 2013, 03:13:52 AM »
I think I just failed my ID. :(

I had my witch spare casting various charms and curses and spells in order to see what they did. I had him cast a 'thirst curse' at a paparazzi sim who was a vampire. The paparazzi-vampire proceeded to die then and there. I think that means that the Victors have met the same fate as so many other of my ID attempts, doesn't it? I had no idea that was going to happen, and now I know that happens I won't use that one again. I had previously cast many of the other curses and charms and spells with the exception of the toadification and pestilence curses.

Dek

I don't understand why you think you've failed.  You didn't deliberately kill a household member, right?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #7853 on: April 27, 2013, 03:59:36 AM »
No, Pam, I didn't intentionally kill the sim that died. I was just worried that it might have been counted as shortening the life of a townie, that's all.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7854 on: April 27, 2013, 05:18:42 AM »
No, Pam, I didn't intentionally kill the sim that died. I was just worried that it might have been counted as shortening the life of a townie, that's all.

Technically, you did shorten the life of a townie.  However, that's not specifically against the rules.  I double checked and they only mention killing a Sim in the household.  Besides all that, it wasn't intentional, so you're fine.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #7855 on: April 27, 2013, 07:56:26 AM »
Technically, you did shorten the life of a townie.  However, that's not specifically against the rules.  I double checked and they only mention killing a Sim in the household.  Besides all that, it wasn't intentional, so you're fine.

Thanks Pam

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7856 on: April 27, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »
My founder is a witch, so it's definately fine.

Question: My 3rd gen, Peter, has The Jockey as his LTW and horseman as his career. He won an advanced riding comp on our unicorn which brought his total earned to 10,000. Suddenly the game decided that completed the LTW despite the amount needed being 40,000. Do I wait until he's reached 40,000 before I count it? I can't change his LTW as the game recognises it as being complete.

(LTW stands for Lifetime Wish for those unaware)

This happened to me with Amon.   Metro said it was fine.  If the game thinks it's done then it's done.  It's not just you and I'm fairly certain it's every toon with Jockey these days so it's not like it's an advantage.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #7857 on: April 27, 2013, 10:57:36 AM »
Thanks Rica - as Horseman is his career he'll probably get there anyway.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #7858 on: April 28, 2013, 12:01:44 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Yes you can do this to empty residential lots as stated in the rules.   Just make sure they are empty as in sideways diamond for a maptag not an empty house for a maptag as you said.

Thanks! I've read several of the immortal dynasties on the forum and finally decided to join and try to do my own.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7859 on: April 28, 2013, 08:23:46 PM »
I am quite annoyed with Snow Days that always occur almost everyday... Is there any way to prevent this? :(

My current heir is three days left before becoming a Teenager and she still stuck in Grade C. She only has two days left, her chance to get an A, so I can select her trait later, other than that random thing will fall upon her. Fortunately on Friday she achieved B after working so hard on it. It's only one day left (Monday) and that is will be her birthday. I just hope no Snow Day again :(

Is Tutoring her with logic skill will help her to achieve A faster?

The second question: Can I re-decorated the museum? Well, when my first Immortal create that, that was low on money. The things kinda different, I want to expand the museum and add something else. It's allowed to do that? Of course the placed Immortal Requirement will be there and never changed :)

Thank you :)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

anything