Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251330 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7695 on: March 30, 2013, 11:52:03 PM »
College Opportunities: I know the new University social/day job/dare opps aren't countable for black ops because they are like travels opps. However, I just got a University opp, but it's not in the University opp panel. It's in the normal opportunity panel where career ops would normally go. It's called "Create Concepts." So, are university opps that show up in the regular "home ops" panel countable?

I have also gotten one of these wishes. It fired when I left my second class on my second Monday in term. My Sim majors in Communications and the op was "Write a Book".

Can Social Group opportunities, Dares or Day Jobs be used for BlackOps?
-- No.   These are along the same lines as adventures from WA.   Immortal Dynasties are only allowed to use the opportunities that fill the slots of the original Opportunity slots - Career/School, Skill and/or Special.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #7696 on: March 31, 2013, 01:31:46 PM »

Okay. Well, since it's in the original opportunity career slot, I guess it's good.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline December

• Nooboo
« Reply #7697 on: April 01, 2013, 05:17:05 AM »
Ooh, I'm going to do this! I've never done anything like this before, but it sounds really interesting!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7698 on: April 01, 2013, 07:28:36 AM »
Ooh, I'm going to do this! I've never done anything like this before, but it sounds really interesting!

Welcome to the forum!   If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #7699 on: April 02, 2013, 09:49:43 PM »
Is it okay to add buildings from an expansion pack in even if you install the expansion mid-dynasty?
I was hoping to place some of the UL buildings into Sunset Valley.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7700 on: April 02, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
Is it okay to add buildings from an expansion pack in even if you install the expansion mid-dynasty?
I was hoping to place some of the UL buildings into Sunset Valley.

I did an entire post about edit town and it has the answer you're seeking.  You can find it here.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1810.msg254051.html#msg254051

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #7701 on: April 03, 2013, 05:05:44 PM »
I did an entire post about edit town and it has the answer you're seeking.  You can find it here.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1810.msg254051.html#msg254051

Thank you so much :-)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7702 on: April 03, 2013, 11:02:02 PM »
I have two question. Sorry, if this is sound silly.
1. If the next Immortal heir is a Ghost, it's okay to eat Ambrosia? (if the Ghost already fulfill the Immortal requirement)
2. Can my heir become a witch using an Alchemy potion? I don't see that there is restriction in the rules (household matter) but I just want to make sure again before something goes wrong.

Thank you!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7703 on: April 03, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »
I have two question. Sorry, if this is sound silly.
1. If the next Immortal heir is a Ghost, it's okay to eat Ambrosia? (if the Ghost already fulfill the Immortal requirement)
2. Can my heir become a witch using an Alchemy potion? I don't see that there is restriction in the rules (household matter) but I just want to make sure again before something goes wrong.

Thank you!

Immortals have to eat ambrosia once they have finished their requirements.  There's no way around this.  You can't rely on death flowers or tattoos or any other life extending things.  Immortals must be on a regular diet of ambrosia to be considered within the spirit of the challenge/HOF realm.  This means an immortal must have a plate of ambrosia at least once every 17 days.  If you're not doing this, you're not following the rules/doing the challenge.

Yes you can become a witch with the witch elixir. 

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #7704 on: April 03, 2013, 11:11:14 PM »
Thank you Rica. I just want to make sure anyway, if the heir themselves already born as a Ghost.  After he/she eat the Ambrosia the ghost form will vanish and they become a human again right? So, it is alright to have a heir who born as a Ghost? I'm really curious about this one. It's allowed?

My Stories:

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7705 on: April 03, 2013, 11:15:32 PM »
It's allowed, just not done much or at all. Ghosts age just like humans (as you probably see with Axl), so there's no reason not to allow them as heirs. They just can't be ghosts forever due to the nature of the challenge.

(And there are restrictions on which ghosts can be used for spouses, but from what I can gather from your dynasty, you're following the rules just fine)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #7706 on: April 03, 2013, 11:18:34 PM »
Thank you, Trip. I am kinda worried about that one. Just in case if the Ghost life state is forbidden for a heir. But, it's seem my doubt is cleared somehow. Thank you again :)

My Stories:

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7707 on: April 05, 2013, 04:54:07 AM »
I'd just like to double check something before I go back into my dynasty game, I got supernatural yesterday and my reading of the rules tells me I am allowed to add in the alchemy store as it's new expansion content to me personally even if the ep has been out for ages, is this correct?

And also population controls are players choice but generally it's a one time thing and you leave it, am I allowed to change them again now that I have supernatural? I had vamps turned off but before I couldn't do anything about the others as the options were greyed out, I know they will all be on and I really don't want my dynasty invaded by occults so is it okay to turn them off now?

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #7708 on: April 05, 2013, 06:13:34 AM »

When I get a new expansion, can I place the new buildings into my town or do I have to wait?
 -- You have to place the buildings at the exact moment you load up the game after you receive the expansion.  Sometimes the game will prompt you but not all of the lots someone may need/want are available at the time.  This is a one time deal so make sure you have everything ready before you play your dynasty again.

So the answer to your first question Turoskel is yes. You have one chance that is, the next time you start your game, to add the elixir store. If you want the gypsy wagon, fairy arboretum or the Vault of Antiquity, you can either purchase a property in game and add them, or copy them from a fresh game and add them in.

As for the settings, I'm not sure. I'd think it would be, as you were unable to change them before getting Supernatural. Wait for challenge team approval for that one.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7709 on: April 05, 2013, 03:36:39 PM »
Turoskel, it's just like if you got Seasons. You would be able to set the Seasons settings for the first time because you couldn't before. This is your first availability to change the occult settings, so you can do it. You can also set the moon phases (or phase, if you prefer). Just don't change the vampire setting or celebrity settings since you had those before.

I would also like to add that Varg's Tavern, The Red Velvet Lounge, and The Toadstool are other buildings you can only now add to your town. Don't know why you would since you don't want supernaturals, but whatever.

By samoht04