Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251189 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7635 on: March 25, 2013, 10:18:15 PM »
You most likely have bad CC in your game. Go into your launcher and uninstall anything suspicious (it might pay to search for a thread or site on bad CC that can inform you better than we can; I'm not sure about our policy on linking to help threads on bad CC).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7636 on: March 25, 2013, 11:51:15 PM »
I have uninstalled 2 sims the I installed. The only things I have left are cc from a friend that I know wouldnt put anything bad in it and limited addition stuff from ep's as well as hidden springs and union cove
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7637 on: March 25, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »
(countinuation) and it is still messed up
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7638 on: March 25, 2013, 11:55:33 PM »
I'm not sure exactly how "good" or "bad" CC works, but I do know that any CC I've ever had seriously messed up my game, especially with the baby-is-a-strip-of-color glitch. I remember that, at one point, I couldn't see anything in any of my towns because of the CC I had installed, so it might be a good idea to go through and test what you have installed, just in case. The problems caused can make your game literally unplayable.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7639 on: March 26, 2013, 12:11:38 AM »
Its so aggravating! Should I just uninstall everything except Hidden springs and union cove ? Or restart my dynasty ( for the 4th time may I add !!)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7640 on: March 26, 2013, 12:16:37 AM »
Its so aggravating! Should I just uninstall everything except Hidden springs and union cove ? Or restart my dynasty ( for the 4th time may I add !!)

Personally, I ended up uninstalling everything but the "official" EA Store Items and worlds, because the CC messing up my game was extremely annoying. In my case, the bugged content extended to all my files, so restarting in a new file wouldn't help. Hope you find a solution!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7641 on: March 26, 2013, 01:02:37 AM »
You don't need to do a "continuation" secondary post within 30 seconds of the first. Just click on Modify at the top of your last post, and type in an update.

If you have stuck sims, you don't need to confirm every time if it's ok to use ResetSim or to delete the wall/furniture/object that is causing the issues. In fact, if you want to sell everything in the house except for the museum pieces, that's okay! Deleting a glitched bed isn't cheating at all. Just don't delete/sell your museum pieces.

Before restarting your Dynasty, remove everything that isn't official EA content. The sims you already uninstalled, and any CC you got from your friend). It may not be "bad" CC, per se, but it may be reacting badly with what you already have installed.

Once that's done, make sure to delete your cache files and DCBackup. Then go ahead and open up the Dynasty file, and see if the problem is solved.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7642 on: March 26, 2013, 03:20:55 AM »
When does a museum piece become a museum piece? Is it the moment it's finished or when it's placed in the museum?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7643 on: March 26, 2013, 03:26:55 AM »
when does a museum piece become a museum piece? Is it the moment it's finished or when it's placed in the museum?

When you decide it is. :)

You can make it a museum piece straight away and never sell it, or you can sell it and paint another.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7644 on: March 26, 2013, 06:33:00 AM »
When you decide it is. :)

You can make it a museum piece straight away and never sell it, or you can sell it and paint another.
But once we decide it is one we can't change our mind right? I just got my painter to level 7 and my founder and her child are about to age up in one day. gotta have that YA and toddler or im toast hehe

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #7645 on: March 26, 2013, 11:50:21 AM »
My understanding is that the final pieces need to be placed in the museum (whether it's a museum or some random wall because you don't have enough money to build a proper spot yet) before the immortal-to-be's next birthday, whether it's in a few days or a few hours. If your painter had time to make alternate pieces you could try and get a higher value but if aging up is only a day away, I'd say just place them immediately. Good luck!

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7646 on: March 26, 2013, 12:59:34 PM »
My understanding is that the final pieces need to be placed in the museum (whether it's a museum or some random wall because you don't have enough money to build a proper spot yet) before the immortal-to-be's next birthday, whether it's in a few days or a few hours. If your painter had time to make alternate pieces you could try and get a higher value but if aging up is only a day away, I'd say just place them immediately. Good luck!

I didn't think that the portraits had a deadline. As long as it's started before the birthday hits it's still a portrait of that stage. hmm.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7647 on: March 26, 2013, 01:06:07 PM »
I didn't think that the portraits had a deadline. As long as it's started before the birthday hits it's still a portrait of that stage. hmm.

The Portrait must be painted and chosen before they age up into the next life state. If it is started but not completed before the birthday it is a failure. There must be a portrait in the museum when the sparkles hit.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7648 on: March 26, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »
The portrait must be hanging somewhere or on an easel finished but placed somewhere.  If you leave the painting on the easel during the birthday then that painting can't leave the easel until the game is over type thing.  If you don't hang it, you're choosing to not use that easel again. 

So if you haven't managed the money to make the museum that's fine but have the portrait done and ready to go prior to the sparkles.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7649 on: March 26, 2013, 02:20:08 PM »
How is the museum scored?