Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251270 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7605 on: March 25, 2013, 05:20:46 AM »
Which town do you recommend for the dynasty:

Appaloosa plains
Bridgeport
Hidden Springs
Moonlight Falls
Riverveiw
Starlight Shores
Sunset Valley
Twinbrrok

Thos eare the ones I have. I was kind of stuck between:

Appaloosa Plains
Hidden Springs
Sunset Valley

What do you think??

You can find a lot of good information about this on the Dynasty Hints and Tips Thread as well as Which is Your Favourite World. Then again as Anna-chan mentioned, Hidden Springs does seem to have a lot of lag. Beautiful town, though. Too bad. I recommend going with a town you know well when choosing something for a Dynasty, so you know where to find the deathfish, special seeds, who is good to move in as a helper, etc. Sunset Valley sounds like a good choice for you!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7606 on: March 25, 2013, 05:29:05 AM »
I recommend going with a town you know well when choosing something for a Dynasty, so you know where to find the deathfish, special seeds, who is good to move in as a helper, etc. Sunset Valley sounds like a good choice for you!

I second this!  The best town is the one you're most familiar with.  Otherwise, you'll really struggle finding the ingredients for Ambrosia and it's critical for the challenge.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #7607 on: March 25, 2013, 06:30:00 AM »
Another thing to consider is which town runs the smoothest on your machine. Hidden Springs is a no-no because routing issues cause massive lag.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7608 on: March 25, 2013, 06:59:31 AM »
I would love it if there was some way of fixing that. I think Hidden Springs would be ideal for a Life States Dynasty I'm planning (one that will be HOF) but I would hate to have lag problems kill it.

Orange Iguana's point stands. Choose a town you know your computer can handle for eight generations.

By samoht04

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7609 on: March 25, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
Ok thanks everybody! :) I just got union cove too. But I think I will do the immortal dynasty on Suntset Valley because I  know it well. Also are we aloud to use a previously made sim of ours or do we have to create a new one on the spot. Thank You!!:)

Haha I have so many questions, sorry! :) :o
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7610 on: March 25, 2013, 11:49:02 AM »
Ok thanks everybody! :) I just got union cove too. But I think I will do the immortal dynasty on Suntset Valley because I  know it well. Also are we aloud to use a previously made sim of ours or do we have to create a new one on the spot. Thank You!!:)

Haha I have so many questions, sorry! :) :o

Questions are fine!

You're allowed to choose whatever Sim you have created.  It cannot be one created by EA.   You just have to start with that Sim in CAS.  So save them to the Sim Bin so that when you create a household, you're able to pull that Sim up there.   Households from Edit Town are not allowed.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7611 on: March 25, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »
Ok! Thank You. Well I am going to go start. Ok this is random but... Everyone on this website are so nice ;)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7612 on: March 25, 2013, 01:57:47 PM »
What do we do wih the university basket that the mascot gives us? Can we sell it?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7613 on: March 25, 2013, 02:00:38 PM »
What do we do wih the university basket that the mascot gives us? Can we sell it?

If you want or you can just keep it. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7614 on: March 25, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
Am I able to throw bottled simbot converters at townies/npcs?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7615 on: March 25, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »

No.  It would change their lifespan.

Offline JinxyDearest

• Nooboo
  • Returning from a Long Winter's Nap
« Reply #7616 on: March 25, 2013, 04:01:59 PM »
I seem to have hit upon a glitch that I haven't seen before. My game is currently stuck in some sort of limbo between life and death between the play mode and build/buy mode. Nothing's happening, the game is paused, but I can't access the menu panel for anything. It vanished. I can navigate using the mouse and page up & down buttons. Clicking on the ground pops up, "Set as Front of Lot." Clicking on any object gives the options you get if you have testing cheats on in build/buy, which I don't. Rules, after all. Only opened the cheats panel once earlier to reset a stuck sim.
Any clue on what I can do?

EDIT: About, what, an hour later and still no change. I don't want to force quit as that would break the rules.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7617 on: March 25, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »

No.  It would change their lifespan.

Could simbot be added to this rule point, please? When it mentioned fairy, vampire, werewolf and genie but not simbot, I thought that it must have been ok. However, I thought I should check before I threw them around.

The alchemy elixirs to turn Sims into a fairy, vampire, werewolf, or genie are banned from use against townies as this extends their lives.

Thanks

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7618 on: March 25, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
Weather settings are supposed to be different in University worlds, right? If not, my game might be broken because I had a rainstorm at University (while rain is turned off back home). I didn't touch the settings or anything, it just happened.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7619 on: March 25, 2013, 04:54:47 PM »
I seem to have hit upon a glitch that I haven't seen before. My game is currently stuck in some sort of limbo between life and death between the play mode and build/buy mode. Nothing's happening, the game is paused, but I can't access the menu panel for anything. It vanished. I can navigate using the mouse and page up & down buttons. Clicking on the ground pops up, "Set as Front of Lot." Clicking on any object gives the options you get if you have testing cheats on in build/buy, which I don't. Rules, after all. Only opened the cheats panel once earlier to reset a stuck sim.
Any clue on what I can do?

EDIT: About, what, an hour later and still no change. I don't want to force quit as that would break the rules.

Force quitting an obvious problem like this actually isn't breaking the rules.  You seem to hav eno choice if Tab or f10 doesn't work.  Just go ahead and shut down and start back up.

Could simbot be added to this rule point, please? When it mentioned fairy, vampire, werewolf and genie but not simbot, I thought that it must have been ok. However, I thought I should check before I threw them around.

Thanks

Yeah I'll take care of that.  I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it but Simbots are only in the elder stage.   So either you're shortening the life of someone not elder or you're extending the life of someone who is elder. 

Weather settings are supposed to be different in University worlds, right? If not, my game might be broken because I had a rainstorm at University (while rain is turned off back home). I didn't touch the settings or anything, it just happened.

That's normal - if you wanted different settings you'll need to change them.  Since you didn't know - go ahead and do it or keep it .  Your choice.

anything