Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251118 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7590 on: March 24, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »
Along those same lines, can you invite a townie over and trap them in a room with all the basic necessities, not exactly "adding them to the household" but keeping them available for people in the active household to interact with? (I'm thinking about trapping pregnant girlfriends at my house to make sure they're happy during pregnancy.)

No.  That's wrong - just invite them over to the house and invite them to spend the night.  It works wonders if you're nice to them.  Artie's baby mamas at the end of my dynasty would get invited over and stay until it was time to birth practically.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #7591 on: March 24, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »
My guy is level 10 in science, and he has the ability to clone everything from fish to other sims. I was wondering, if it's not mentioned in the over 300 pages, but wouldn't having the ability to clone life fruits and deathfish kinda defeat the purpose of the challenge? When I was playing a Dynasty, I had to search for seeds, and hope one was life fruit, now just analyze it and it tells you! He's also a witch so he can cast the conversion spell, get a deathfish and analyze and clone it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7592 on: March 24, 2013, 05:19:20 PM »
My guy is level 10 in science, and he has the ability to clone everything from fish to other sims. I was wondering, if it's not mentioned in the over 300 pages, but wouldn't having the ability to clone life fruits and deathfish kinda defeat the purpose of the challenge? When I was playing a Dynasty, I had to search for seeds, and hope one was life fruit, now just analyze it and it tells you! He's also a witch so he can cast the conversion spell, get a deathfish and analyze and clone it.

That's part of having the expansions.   For life fruit cloning, you'd still have to plant the life fruit unless you had access to one in the world.   Deathfish coming from a conversion spell is random and rare.   It would probably take as much time as it would to get to level 10 fishing on a multi tab and then fish it up at the right time of night. 

The purpose of the challenge isn't the deathfish or the life fruit.   The purpose of the challenge is to make it 8 generations while remembering to eat your ambrosia.   The challenge is going that long and keeping everything in place and it really is hard to do that.  No matter what easy things came along it's still a trial to go 8 generations and get everything that's required and keeping everything unique. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7593 on: March 24, 2013, 06:44:33 PM »
Along those same lines, can you invite a townie over and trap them in a room with all the basic necessities, not exactly "adding them to the household" but keeping them available for people in the active household to interact with? (I'm thinking about trapping pregnant girlfriends at my house to make sure they're happy during pregnancy.)

No.  That's wrong - just invite them over to the house and invite them to spend the night.  It works wonders if you're nice to them.  Artie's baby mamas at the end of my dynasty would get invited over and stay until it was time to birth practically.

I have done this too. I was able to take two spare's wives (this was in a Life Sates, but still) to the hospital because I just invited them over and kept them all the time. For the most part they are really happy to stay. I think my Sims have a much cooler house with more stuff than they do and they like to play with it. At another time (not during pregnancy) I invited one daughter-in-law over and she didn't want to leave! Her son came and got her. He really did.

By samoht04

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #7594 on: March 24, 2013, 10:27:12 PM »
So I'm lucky I have all EP's?  ;D I can see that, because in all the time I've played, I only got 1 deathfish from the converting. Of course I than cloned it to have many.  ;D Also another thing I failed to think of before posting is by concentrating on science and witchcraft, how would you also do all the requirements? I'm sorry for bringing it up, it's just the fact I was playing right before posting and I cloned a life fruit and thought how easy it would be in the Dynasty, to be able to do that. I however forgot the time it took me to level those skills up for him.  ::)

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7595 on: March 24, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »
If you dont like how a dynasty is going can you delete it and start new or is that a form of cheating?
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #7596 on: March 24, 2013, 10:32:44 PM »
If you dont like how a dynasty is going can you delete it and start new or is that a form of cheating?
Yes you can delete and start over as many times as you like!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7597 on: March 24, 2013, 10:33:40 PM »
You can end a dynasty and start anew for whatever reason. The "no quitting without saving rule" applies to when you exit without saving right after your dynasty sculptor inconveniently burns to death or your museum pieces get stolen and keep playing that file from a point before then.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7598 on: March 24, 2013, 11:36:36 PM »
Are we aloud to send heir's and/or the founder to university?

What happens to the other sims while some are at university?

Do they age at univeristy?

Do people age on vacation?

What happens to any other sims that stay home from vacation?

Do people who stay home from university or vacation age?

I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7599 on: March 24, 2013, 11:38:41 PM »
So I'm lucky I have all EP's?  ;D I can see that, because in all the time I've played, I only got 1 deathfish from the converting. Of course I than cloned it to have many.  ;D Also another thing I failed to think of before posting is by concentrating on science and witchcraft, how would you also do all the requirements? I'm sorry for bringing it up, it's just the fact I was playing right before posting and I cloned a life fruit and thought how easy it would be in the Dynasty, to be able to do that. I however forgot the time it took me to level those skills up for him.  ::)

I send them to Egypt and have someone complete the Tomb of Water (?), it has Life Fruit and Deathflower at the end.

Are we aloud to send heir's and/or the founder to university?

What happens to the other sims while some are at university?

Do they age at univeristy?

Do people age on vacation?

What happens to any other sims that stay home from vacation?

Do people who stay home from university or vacation age?

Once Generation two becomes a Young Adult.

Time freezes, nothing happens.

No, I don't think so.

Again, I don't think so.

Time freezes, nothing happens to them.

No.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7600 on: March 25, 2013, 12:22:03 AM »
Which town do you recommend for the dynasty:

Appaloosa plains
Bridgeport
Hidden Springs
Moonlight Falls
Riverveiw
Starlight Shores
Sunset Valley
Twinbrrok

Thos eare the ones I have. I was kind of stuck between:

Appaloosa Plains
Hidden Springs
Sunset Valley

What do you think??

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7601 on: March 25, 2013, 12:24:11 AM »
Which town do you recommend for the dynasty:

Appaloosa plains
Bridgeport
Hidden Springs
Moonlight Falls
Riverveiw
Starlight Shores
Sunset Valley
Twinbrrok

Thos eare the ones I have. I was kind of stuck between:

Appaloosa Plains
Hidden Springs
Sunset Valley

What do you think??

A lot of people end up picking Sunset Valley, and Hidden Springs seems to have a lot of lag in comparison to other towns.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7602 on: March 25, 2013, 12:33:29 AM »
Ok thank You. I guess ill go with sunset Valley plus I know it so Well !:) thanks!!:)

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7603 on: March 25, 2013, 02:18:48 AM »
I just started my dynasty and got the money to 1800 then a friend gives me a gift of 300 simoloins. Can I keep it? Also may I keep any future gifts from friends? Thanks

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7604 on: March 25, 2013, 02:59:57 AM »
I just started my dynasty and got the money to 1800 then a friend gives me a gift of 300 simoloins. Can I keep it? Also may I keep any future gifts from friends? Thanks

You mean a friend from thesims3.com? Yes, you're allowed to keep it. :)

anything