Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250710 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7545 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:21 AM »
Tech Talk
Sometimes the game busts you in the chops with a bug. Save often. Especially before traveling. If you have a bonafide bug, then you may return to an earlier save. You do not need to ask for permission. We’re on the honor system, and you should know if you are truly experiencing a nasty bug.
You also do not need to ask for permission to open the cheats panel (Press Ctrl-Shift-C) and use a cheat for the following circumstances:
  • 1. Your Sim is stuck .
  • 2. Your Sim loses a trait or has an empty trait slot.  This cannot be done for Sims that were made by EA to have fewer traits.
  • 3. Your Sim has a stuck moodlet that will not go away — such as the Hunted moodlet when no vampires are in the area.
  • 4. Your Sim ages to an incorrect life stage.

Also - Vampire Gnomes can cause this moodlet.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7546 on: March 20, 2013, 11:32:28 AM »
Also - Vampire Gnomes can cause this moodlet.

Gah...I knew the answer was somewhere!  I was looking back through posts when late night was released trying to find it that way... >.<

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7547 on: March 20, 2013, 01:07:04 PM »
I was just letting you know.   And no it's not too late.  I think you were thinking the life states Dynasty which only allows spouses and children born to heirs.
Thanks. I actually got the two others to move in this morning. I know that repeated friendly actions make "ask to move in" pop up and since the one girl is BFFs with the spouse it was easy. They only got about 20k added that i've noticed so far. There could be things in family inventory or their inventories that could be sold. I know one guy is a stylist and the girl is a magician. So there's some future income.

No one succeeds on the first try right? I think if my founder can remain completely happy as her stove burns to a crisp we should be fine. I think she was making waffles. Obviously waffles are bad. lol

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #7548 on: March 20, 2013, 01:26:41 PM »
No one succeeds on the first try right?
Only Pam to my knowledge managed to complete one on her first try, the rest of definitely needed at least two *laughs*.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7549 on: March 20, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »
Pam almost didn't for her immortal dynasty.  If that was her first one.  I don't remember if it is.  I know it's her second Townie. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7550 on: March 20, 2013, 02:26:32 PM »
If we choose to include sculptures or photos do we still have to have one for every stage? If one slips through the cracks is it okay?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7551 on: March 20, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
If we choose to include sculptures or photos do we still have to have one for every stage? If one slips through the cracks is it okay?

The only mandatory pieces are paintings.  You have to have one of those for all of the life stages.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7552 on: March 20, 2013, 04:11:17 PM »
Just want to check something ... is it just death flowers that cause Grim to not take your sim away for your sim's unlife with him? Or does the death seed have the same effect? I just ask because a spare found some death seeds while at uni and I'll put them out of his inventory if they keep Grim away.

Since this question seemed to slip through the cracks, someone reported long ago that death seeds worked like death flowers, but further testing proved that it was inconsistent (I think; correct me if the results were different). I like to stay on the safe side and keep them out of mortals' inventories.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7553 on: March 20, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
The only mandatory pieces are paintings.  You have to have one of those for all of the life stages.

Okay so if by chance I don't get the YA of the optionals it's just fine. Good :) I don't have a sculptor atm.

Another question. If this founder some how fails am I allowed to restart with the same founding sim? I saved her when I made her.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #7554 on: March 20, 2013, 04:53:37 PM »
Can you use her if you saved her in the bin? Yes.

Can you use her if she's been played and then saved? No.

Does that make sense? If you fail, you can use the same founder straight from CAS. Many Simmers have.
Check out my new story here!

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7555 on: March 20, 2013, 04:57:15 PM »
Can you use her if you saved her in the bin? Yes.

Can you use her if she's been played and then saved? No.

Does that make sense? If you fail, you can use the same founder straight from CAS. Many Simmers have.

That makes total sense! Create new househould with same bin sim. hehe binsim. I'm amused now :)

I like the way my lady looks. I think I saw that the ban on planning outfits was lifted? Just curious because I don't like funny preggo clothes.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #7556 on: March 20, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »
Do you mean 30 x 30's ?  I don't know of any 3x3 small lots. 

What town?

Yes sorry I meant 30 x 30, 40 x 40, and 60 x 60.

I intend to play in Aurora Skies. There are three empty lots in a row (on Lupin lane I think). A 30 x 30, then a 60 x 60 then a 50 x 50. I was wondering if I could replace the first two with 40 x 40 lots. If yes would I be allowed to do this even if there were other empty 40 x 40s in town (though I don't think there are)?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7557 on: March 20, 2013, 05:15:49 PM »
Yes, the dresser ban has been lifted. However, keep an eye on the Sim's age, and if it doesn't revert to what it was, stop playing the file and contact the challenge team immediately.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7558 on: March 20, 2013, 05:21:37 PM »
Yes, the dresser ban has been lifted. However, keep an eye on the Sim's age, and if it doesn't revert to what it was, stop playing the file and contact the challenge team immediately.
Will do! Thanks

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7559 on: March 20, 2013, 05:26:30 PM »
Yes sorry I meant 30 x 30, 40 x 40, and 60 x 60.

I intend to play in Aurora Skies. There are three empty lots in a row (on Lupin lane I think). A 30 x 30, then a 60 x 60 then a 50 x 50. I was wondering if I could replace the first two with 40 x 40 lots. If yes would I be allowed to do this even if there were other empty 40 x 40s in town (though I don't think there are)?

yeah go ahead.  As long as your starting lot isn't touched.