Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250332 times)

Offline Darkeroid

• The Self-Proclaimed Insane!
  • Llama Wrangler
  • To Stupidity and Beyond!!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7530 on: March 19, 2013, 10:35:25 AM »
I asked just for clarifying. Thanks!

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #7531 on: March 19, 2013, 06:26:26 PM »
Right, I'm editing my new town ready for the dynasty and I have a 3x3 empty lot next to a 6x6 empty lot. Am I allowed to demolish them both and replace with two 4x4 ones? What if I only use one of them and leave the other empty?

Am I allowed to replace a single 6x6 empty lot with a 4x4 empty lot or do I have to put the 4x3 community lot I wish to place into the large lot? (I really wish there were some 4x3 empty lots to place).

If there is a 4x4 empty lot in town am I allowed to leave it empty and add another elsewhere to use for the community lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7532 on: March 19, 2013, 07:06:53 PM »
Do you mean 30 x 30's ?  I don't know of any 3x3 small lots. 

What town?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7533 on: March 20, 2013, 02:55:52 AM »
Do you mean 30 x 30's ?  I don't know of any 3x3 small lots. 

Minimum Lot Size without CAW is 10x10. 3x3 (and lots like that) are from TS2 days, lots that could be placed were measured in sizes that small, the maximum being somewhere around 6x6 which I think was roughly equivalent to a 60x60 lot in TS3. :)

Offline Lallaith

• Nooboo
« Reply #7534 on: March 20, 2013, 03:54:54 AM »
is it allowed to use exploits to get money? like the guitar thing or festival tickets?

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7535 on: March 20, 2013, 04:36:22 AM »
what do we do when one of those dreadful "sims 3 has stopped working" moments occurs? Do we just continue on and suck it up? or is there a way to recover the lost time.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7536 on: March 20, 2013, 05:51:07 AM »
what do we do when one of those dreadful "sims 3 has stopped working" moments occurs? Do we just continue on and suck it up? or is there a way to recover the lost time.

I usually cry a bit, and then regain control of my self and load up the most recent save game and hope I haven't lost too much time. :)

I hate when that happens to me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7537 on: March 20, 2013, 06:00:22 AM »
is it allowed to use exploits to get money? like the guitar thing or festival tickets?

I don't know the festival tickets one.  What exploit is that?

Yes you can use the guitar one but there are limits to what we allow.   Some exploits are just a part of gameplay.   Some are outside of gameplay and should never be used like reselling something on Pause.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7538 on: March 20, 2013, 06:21:33 AM »

In an attempt to avoid these heartbreaking moments, I have got myself in the habit of saving very frequently. I just got an Error 16 of all things but when I loaded it up from the backup my last save was from only a few Sim-hours before. At that point I can look at as an opportunity. "Okay, well, this didn't go as well last time, so here's a chance to do it better." That feeling is much easier when there is only a few hours' discrepancy.

By samoht04

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7539 on: March 20, 2013, 06:31:40 AM »
In an attempt to avoid these heartbreaking moments, I have got myself in the habit of saving very frequently. I just got an Error 16 of all things but when I loaded it up from the backup my last save was from only a few Sim-hours before. At that point I can look at as an opportunity. "Okay, well, this didn't go as well last time, so here's a chance to do it better." That feeling is much easier when there is only a few hours' discrepancy.

According to my save time it was a good 3 real life hours. Now they haven't woohoo'd yet. My founder's spouse isn't a level 7 Painter anymore. :/ and now that I've reloaded and things are going good.... She just caught the stove on fire. The game essentially said, "things went too well for you, so now you're stove is out of commission".

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7540 on: March 20, 2013, 06:39:05 AM »
According to my save time it was a good 3 real life hours. Now they haven't woohoo'd yet. My founder's spouse isn't a level 7 Painter anymore. :/ and now that I've reloaded and things are going good.... She just caught the stove on fire. The game essentially said, "things went too well for you, so now you're stove is out of commission".

Just remember that it's ok to ditch a file and start over.   Next time you could have someone come in that can help with the gardening or something else.  Or you could just invite someone to live with you because they have a nice car.  If you read the stories on the completed board and current board, you'll see that a lot of times there is someone special in town like Agnes Crumplebottom in Sunset Valley.   What makes Agnes so special?  If you invite her to your house, she brings her Bwan Speedster.   Because she's rich, she already brings in §20,000 just because, then you add the §85,000 for her car (if sold immediately) and that's §105,000 to the family funds.   To top it off, she's also sexy enough to come with level 7 painting and level 10 cooking.   Who could ask for more?! 

Don't be afraid to start over.  I finally finished with Artie on his third attempt but before him had been several families of trying and it just never worked.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7541 on: March 20, 2013, 07:39:16 AM »
Just want to check something ... is it just death flowers that cause Grim to not take your sim away for your sim's unlife with him? Or does the death seed have the same effect? I just ask because a spare found some death seeds while at uni and I'll put them out of his inventory if they keep Grim away.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7542 on: March 20, 2013, 07:47:52 AM »
Just remember that it's ok to ditch a file and start over.   Next time you could have someone come in that can help with the gardening or something else.  Or you could just invite someone to live with you because they have a nice car.  If you read the stories on the completed board and current board, you'll see that a lot of times there is someone special in town like Agnes Crumplebottom in Sunset Valley.   What makes Agnes so special?  If you invite her to your house, she brings her Bwan Speedster.   Because she's rich, she already brings in §20,000 just because, then you add the §85,000 for her car (if sold immediately) and that's §105,000 to the family funds.   To top it off, she's also sexy enough to come with level 7 painting and level 10 cooking.   Who could ask for more?! 

Don't be afraid to start over.  I finally finished with Artie on his third attempt but before him had been several families of trying and it just never worked.

Yeah? I haven't given up yet. The two aren't totally useless yet. I know my founder's spouse was living with two rich people. They didn't have much money when I got the option to have them come with but.... Maybe it's not too late. I don't know what talents they have, but Bryce the spouse knows their traits. I think at first I got confused and thought I could only birth people to the house, but now I know better. The spouse is bff's with the girl of the couple. I just might attempt moving them in.

edit: my spouse came with a car too. I sold it for 19600.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7543 on: March 20, 2013, 08:22:34 AM »
Yeah? I haven't given up yet. The two aren't totally useless yet. I know my founder's spouse was living with two rich people. They didn't have much money when I got the option to have them come with but.... Maybe it's not too late. I don't know what talents they have, but Bryce the spouse knows their traits. I think at first I got confused and thought I could only birth people to the house, but now I know better. The spouse is bff's with the girl of the couple. I just might attempt moving them in.

edit: my spouse came with a car too. I sold it for 19600.

I was just letting you know.   And no it's not too late.  I think you were thinking the life states Dynasty which only allows spouses and children born to heirs. 

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7544 on: March 20, 2013, 11:20:21 AM »
I'm sure someone has asked this before, and I did some hunting, but I just can't find it amongst all the pages.

In my Immortal Dynasty, two of my YA girls (one of them is an Immortal-to-be) have had the negative 'hunted' moodlet for almost a week in-game time now.  Neither of them are vampires, they were just around one briefly in the city park.  I was reading online that that particular moodlet can get stuck (I don't know if that is true or not).

I'm not particularly concerned about the non-immortal.  But my immortal heir will have to walk around with a -10 moodlet for all eternity unless there is someway I can remove it from her.

I haven't tried moodlet manager, not sure if it would work for that.

Suggestions?

anything