Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250300 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7500 on: March 17, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
It's on the south coast to the west of the town area.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7501 on: March 17, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »
The Blue Lagoon is marked Visitors Allowed.  All previous lots allowed for reassignment were small parks or no visitors allowed.   The reason I didn't allow for The Blue Lagoon was based on that.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #7502 on: March 17, 2013, 07:21:49 PM »
OK cool. Thanks for checking

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7503 on: March 17, 2013, 11:32:25 PM »
Just posting to say that I have my first immortal!

Yes, I'm excited, though it was rather bittersweet for a certain reason.

Also, do I have to post proof that one of my immortal's best friends was really alive at the time? He's certainly alive, but he shouldn't be considering that he's a human and starts out the game as a mature adult (albeit a vegetarian too, which might have something to do with it), and it sounds a bit like I'm picking an original townie name out of a hat.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7504 on: March 17, 2013, 11:34:35 PM »
Congratulations!   And No we believe you guys when you say you did something.  The honor system and all that. 

Edit: Gage Briody is still alive at Week 13 in my Life States Dynasty.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7505 on: March 17, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »
Just posting to say that I have my first immortal!

Congrats Trip.

My Gen 2 Immortal-to-be is at adult and basically just has to age up to elder and toss 6 of the more powerful friendship elixirs at 6 sims, I've already picked out the lucky sims and of course get his elder pieces done before he gets to spend his life painting.

Regarding your question, I don't know.

Dek

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7506 on: March 18, 2013, 05:28:08 AM »
Maybe I've never done a self portrait right but how does one paint themselves?

EDIT:

When you say start with one sim, does that mean they have to go out and find their spouse or can you create their spouse?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7507 on: March 18, 2013, 07:06:31 AM »
Maybe I've never done a self portrait right but how does one paint themselves?

EDIT:

When you say start with one sim, does that mean they have to go out and find their spouse or can you create their spouse?

You can't self-portrait.   It's not possible.  Someone else has to do the painting after they have reached level 7 painting and gained the "Paint Portrait of.." interaction.

As for your edit I would reread the rules very carefully and especially the link that says "Rica's post."  You're only allowed to create one Sim.   After that, you are not allowed to enter Edit Town under any circumstance unless you get a new expansion or buy a new venue from the store.   That means you have to do everything prior to placing your founder.  Then your founder has to go find a spouse in the world you chose. 

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7508 on: March 18, 2013, 07:10:50 AM »
You can't self-portrait.   It's not possible.  Someone else has to do the painting after they have reached level 7 painting and gained the "Paint Portrait of.." interaction.

As for your edit I would reread the rules very carefully and especially the link that says "Rica's post."  You're only allowed to create one Sim.   After that, you are not allowed to enter Edit Town under any circumstance unless you get a new expansion or buy a new venue from the store.   That means you have to do everything prior to placing your founder.  Then your founder has to go find a spouse in the world you chose.

Well that explains it. I only created one Sim. I chose Starlight Shores as I've never played in it before and wanted to check it out, and made sure to edit the two listed locations BEFORE my founder bought the required lot. Thanks :)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7509 on: March 18, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »
The other day I was looking in my saves file at how big parts of my ID file are, and I noticed the TravelDB package is about 38KB in size. Why is it so big if they haven't even traveled anywhere?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7510 on: March 18, 2013, 08:23:16 PM »
38 kb is actually small.   Have you done any university?

Clarification:  My TravelDB file in Artie's last save was 1,872,162 kb.    1000 kb = 1 MB and 1000 MB = 1 GB and 1000 GB = 1 TB

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #7511 on: March 18, 2013, 08:37:59 PM »
38 kb is actually small.   Have you done any university?

Clarification:  My TravelDB file in Artie's last save was 1,872,162 kb.    1000 kb = 1 MB and 1000 MB = 1 GB and 1000 GB = 1 TB

No, Awen's not yet a young adult so they've gone nowhere.
My whole laptop is a Terabyte in size...Will my Travel file continually expand even if they never travel?

Speaking of which, if you reach level 10 influence in your home town, will they still give you the option for that career, or do you have to travel to and from University?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7512 on: March 18, 2013, 08:41:46 PM »
I don't think that the travel files will expand much at all if you don't travel, and if they do, they won't be nearly as big as those for someone like me, who considers a vacation a week to be a healthy experience for a sim.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #7513 on: March 18, 2013, 08:43:03 PM »
Speaking of which, if you reach level 10 influence in your home town, will they still give you the option for that career, or do you have to travel to and from University?

If you hit level 10 while in your hometown, you'll get the job offer immediately. If you get it while the sim is a teen, you'll get the job offer when the teen becomes a young adult.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #7514 on: March 18, 2013, 08:52:34 PM »
I don't think that the travel files will expand much at all if you don't travel, and if they do, they won't be nearly as big as those for someone like me, who considers a vacation a week to be a healthy experience for a sim.

I already know i'm going to eventually have to get a new laptop that is waay larger...some sort of gaming one probably. Especially because every few real time minutes, my Dynasty file will freeze for a couple minutes, and second generation isn't even a child. Plus, i'm not planning for Photography or Nectarmaking to be supermaxes, and the only one that can take on Martial Arts is my founder, considering his supermax is Athletics.