Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250414 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7455 on: March 15, 2013, 05:26:45 PM »
I save quite regularly. During home times, it is saved as the same file extension eg "Victors ID - A". When I go to bed of an evening, I make the final save "Victors ID - B". When I travel, I go to the next letter, and save under that until I return from my trip, when I save as the next letter. If I wake up in the morning and find I forgot to increase the letter the night before, I duplicate the world and give the new saved game the next letter.

Offline melonBANANA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7456 on: March 15, 2013, 07:07:20 PM »
Hello! After a lot of wondering and hesitating, I've finally decided to give this challenge a try. It'll be my first time trying something like this, so I'm looking forward to it. ^^

Before I do though, I have a question. This might be (and probably is, let's be honest) a stupid question, and one that might have been answered before. If so, I apologize. I looked quickly through some of the posts, but I will admit that I didn't look very hard--299 pages of questions (amongst other things) is a lot of stuff to go through.

Here's where I'm confused:
  • 7. Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed (BlackOps). These can be Career, School/Scavenger Hunt, Skill, Special, and Celebrity Opportunities. Note: Immortals can have overlap in their opportunities that they do, as long as they have accomplished 6 unique ones. Opportunities that come in a string — i.e. the Omni Plant chain — all qualify as separate opportunities with different titles. Opportunities with the same name canot be counted twice — i.e. the various Learn a Recipe opportunities. Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps (but the Free Vacation opportunity is okay) and you cannot complete the Oh My Ghost! opportunity.

So just to make sure I understand... Immortals must have done 6 opportunities before gaining immortality. That's obvious, and I got that. Where I'm confused is the overlap thing. Can two immortals do the same opportunity, but it only counts for one of them? Or do I need to keep track of every opportunities my Sims do to make sure they never, ever overlap?

To clarify:

Sim A finishes an opportunity. I don't know which one--let's say a school one. I count it towards his/her opportunity count. Sim B also gets that opportunity later on. Can he do it without it counting? Or is it completely off limit?

Hope the way I asked was clear... If not, I can try explaining myself again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7457 on: March 15, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »
To clarify:

Sim A finishes an opportunity. I don't know which one--let's say a school one. I count it towards his/her opportunity count. Sim B also gets that opportunity later on. Can he do it without it counting? Or is it completely off limit?

Hope the way I asked was clear... If not, I can try explaining myself again.

There are no stupid questions *light and operatic voices shining down*! (And trust me, I know--I've asked a lot of stupid questions!)

My understanding is that only one Immortal may do the opportunity in order to count it as a BlackOp. Should two immortals do the same opportunity, it can't be a BlackOp, since there is no "claiming" of opportunities. If an earlier immortal has a BlackOp, and a later immortal does the same one, the earlier immortal is invalid.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7458 on: March 15, 2013, 07:13:12 PM »
A spare/extra in the house can complete any opportunities they want.    Only immortals and immortals to be have restrictions.   

Immortal A does the Omniplant opps.  Immortal Husband also does them.

Immortals B, C, D, E, F, G & H are not allowed to do any of the Omniplant Opps or you fail.

When your immortal eats ambrosia,  you have to list six opps.   Once that immortal has eaten ambrosia - the opportunities cannot change.     So if Immortal A completes Gardening Opp 1, Gardening Opp 2, Gardening Opp 3, Gardening Opp 4, Culinary Career Opp 1, Culinary Career Opp 2, Culinary Career Opp 5 and Cooking Opp 7.    You choose their 6 opportunites as the 4 gardening opps, and Culinary Opp 1 & 5.     You can never replace those opps with the cooking opp.    And no other immortals/heirs can complete those 6 opps.   But another immortal/heir could complete Cooking Opp 7.  It just cannot be claimed by anyone.

Here's a clarification I made earlier this month.  I hope this helps melonBANANA.   Welcome to the forum and never ever ever hesitate to ask questions if you don't understand.  Never assume anything you've read either.  Just ask.  We understand.

There are no stupid questions *light and operatic voices shining down*! (And trust me, I know--I've asked a lot of stupid questions!)

My understanding is that only one Immortal may do the opportunity in order to count it as a BlackOp. Should two immortals do the same opportunity, it can't be a BlackOp, since there is no "claiming" of opportunities. If an earlier immortal has a BlackOp, and a later immortal does the same one, the earlier immortal is invalid.

Azokka is right.    Plus if a later immortal does an opp that was someone's blackop.  That's an automatic failure - no redos.   No HOF.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #7459 on: March 15, 2013, 08:27:27 PM »
I personally found that it was very helpful to keep skill opportunities exclusive to an Immortal, in other words only that Immortal could accept opportunities from that skill/skills - even if the skill were a non-supermax.

Offline melonBANANA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7460 on: March 16, 2013, 08:48:18 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure where I had so much trouble understanding this one. xD I think it's the overlap thing that confused me.

Anyways, thanks again. If I have more questions, I'll be sure to pop by and ask (or stalk the thread to see if it's been asked/answered before... though again, it's a lot of pages to read). Wish me luck! ...I am going to need it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7461 on: March 16, 2013, 09:27:04 AM »
No problem - Melon.    Just remember you don't have to read the thread but you do have to keep up with it!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7462 on: March 16, 2013, 11:44:16 AM »
I had the "sims disappearing from my UI" bug again. I found a save from 12 real-minutes prior that's fine, so do I have the green-light to continue?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7463 on: March 16, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »
Yeah go with it.   Have you been doing any Simporting with that file?  No traveling because you're heir isn't old enough right?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7464 on: March 16, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »
I don't use Simport (don't have anyone in Showtime professions at the moment anyways), and I haven't traveled yet (generation two is still a child). I'm as stumped as anyone, so I'm just hoping this all passes.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7465 on: March 16, 2013, 11:50:01 AM »
That's what I thought.  Just checking.   I wish there was a way to figure it out and I wish you luck on resolving it.   

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #7466 on: March 16, 2013, 02:48:03 PM »
I personally found that it was very helpful to keep skill opportunities exclusive to an Immortal, in other words only that Immortal could accept opportunities from that skill/skills - even if the skill were a non-supermax.

Yeah, that helps a lot, except when it's a skill without a lot of opportunities (Mixology comes to mind, for one).

Then all you've really got to keep track of is the school, special, and celebrity opportunities.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #7467 on: March 16, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »
Are immortals allowed to use the mud bath?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7468 on: March 16, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »
Are immortals allowed to use the mud bath?

It's under the list of banned period not banned until after ambrosia - so not at this time.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #7469 on: March 16, 2013, 03:19:27 PM »
Yeah, that helps a lot, except when it's a skill without a lot of opportunities (Mixology comes to mind, for one).

Then all you've really got to keep track of is the school, special, and celebrity opportunities.
For those skill a career that gives ops would be best, my mixologist was a businesswoman and got most of hers that way.