Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250413 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7440 on: March 15, 2013, 02:58:52 AM »
Is an immortal or spare allowed to earn up to two extra traits through graduation from university and the extra trait from a social group?

As I said in my post there are no other restrictions at this time.  However, once a trait is chosen it is final.  Just like all other traits.   If you get the chance to change it through another social group or a second degree, you're not allowed. 

This is what Rica said before. You can add traits you just can't change them.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7441 on: March 15, 2013, 09:17:31 AM »
Alright, so my latest save was hit by this bug:

That's my founder, and of course, she wasn't dead or anywhere close to it when I saved. (Her husband was hit by the same bug, but I didn't get a popup because he didn't have a car in his inventory)

There are actually two options I can consider:

1. Go back to my last good save, but lose a fair chunk of progress and risk my sculptor dying before he can get generation two's child sculpture (he's sitting at 95 or so in that save).

2. Go to Edit Town, move the family to the clipboard, and move them back into their house. I tried this in a copy of the bugged save, and it worked in bringing my "dead" founder and spouse back, at the expense of two motive mobiles, but it's generation two's child birthday and I can cake him up and get his child sculpture, and half my founder's ops will be done instead of none at all.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7442 on: March 15, 2013, 09:37:54 AM »
What happened that you have to bring back your founder?  If they're not dead then what are they?

@Seabody + everyone else - If we didn't want you to have the traits, I would have said no social groups and no degrees.   Alternately we said yes you can go to Uni but only after the second generation is a YA and yes the social group jobs are available.    Getting a degree guarantees a new trait as does getting to level 8 with any social group.   Social group jobs are level 10 standing.   You can't leave the trait slots blank.    That clarified enough?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7443 on: March 15, 2013, 09:43:22 AM »
Bugged, perhaps. When I saved the file, she was alive and well.

I found a post on EA's Answer HQ addressing the bug. From what I can gather, it's a real bug and not actual sim death. I also recall Samoht running into the same bug some time back, and it was deemed to be a real bug and not a sim actually dying.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7444 on: March 15, 2013, 09:47:34 AM »
Right but he also didn't have any issues with the Sim at the time.  The Sim isn't dead - it's alive.   Is the sim acting buggy? 

What I'm saying is - if she's alive why would you need to do anything?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7445 on: March 15, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »
She wasn't in the UI until I did either of the two options. I tried resetting her before doing both of those, and exiting and clearing the caches to be sure.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7446 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:26 AM »
Ok.  You never said that.  All you did was say that the game said she was dead and then gave us choices to choose between.    From your earlier post, there was no way to tell that the founder was no longer playable which is why I asked "what do you mean bring her back?".

Since there is a solution that doesn't require you breaking the rules by using Edit Town then I lean towards that as your option even if it sucks the most.    Metro is not available on any of the media that I normally catch him on so I can't ask him opinion right now. 

If you want to wait for me to reach him or him to stop in that's your choice but my answer would be previous save.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7447 on: March 15, 2013, 09:58:06 AM »
Sorry about the confusion. :(

Alright, I'll hope for the best with the previous save.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7448 on: March 15, 2013, 09:59:22 AM »
No problem - I hope it all works out for you.  I've never experienced this bug myself so I had no knowledge of how it worked. 

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #7449 on: March 15, 2013, 03:31:46 PM »
Sorry I seem to have waay too many questions lately but - all these bugs are scaring me for what it means for my game... how many past save files would you recommend I keep? I'm planning on (once I pass these points in time, of course), keeping a save for two weeks past, one week past, and three days past? And of course, a save from right before travel or university. Would three backups be enough? I've never actually played generationally long enough to have an attachment to a file - if it bugs, I usually discard and move on, so this is all new to me.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7450 on: March 15, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »
The best answer is, however many you're comfortable with. I personally try and have no more than three, because I'll just confuse myself, and I usually save only at "major events" like birth/birthdays/deaths/LTW achievement, etc - or- when it's time to travel. You may want to do more, or less.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7451 on: March 15, 2013, 03:44:12 PM »
Sorry I seem to have waay too many questions lately but - all these bugs are scaring me for what it means for my game... how many past save files would you recommend I keep? I'm planning on (once I pass these points in time, of course), keeping a save for two weeks past, one week past, and three days past? And of course, a save from right before travel or university. Would three backups be enough? I've never actually played generationally long enough to have an attachment to a file - if it bugs, I usually discard and move on, so this is all new to me.

Shirin is right - when do you want to save?   Some people save every day while their sims are sleeping (it's safest that way actually).  I do this but then I rename the file (do save as) on every Sunday with a new number.   So week 13 save says  Airica_LSD_13.   Right now I have all 13 weeks worth of backups for both of my Life States Dynasties.  But I have the hard drive space to do this.  Not everyone does.   I also recently found 380 GB worth of saves for all three of Artie's dynasty attempts.   I'm such a virtual pack rat!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7452 on: March 15, 2013, 03:55:40 PM »
I personally save whenever I remember, usually every night--I save to overwrite one of my previous files, and continue saving under that name until I save and quit overall. The next time I open the game, I save under the different file name and continue playing under that name until the next time. I always save under "Pre China/France/Egypt/Uni" before traveling, then save under "China/France/Egypt/Uni" upon arrival.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #7453 on: March 15, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Thanks everyone!

I want to be able to do what you're doing, Rica - but I'm not sure I'll have the room for it. I guess I'll try and keep 3-4 saves backed up and hope for the best :) If it gets bugged enough that I need to be going weeks back, then I may as well restart at that point :-\

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7454 on: March 15, 2013, 05:22:32 PM »
Thanks everyone!

I want to be able to do what you're doing, Rica - but I'm not sure I'll have the room for it. I guess I'll try and keep 3-4 saves backed up and hope for the best :) If it gets bugged enough that I need to be going weeks back, then I may as well restart at that point :-\

I literally have a backup drive that I don't use for anything other than Sims that I inherited from my divorce.    Just keeping 1 or 2 weeks worth of saves will do wonders for you though.  I don't know how often it's saved me before due to travel bugs.