Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250287 times)

Offline Niana

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7425 on: March 13, 2013, 06:05:33 PM »
Do they have different names or the same name each time?

My test is that it's the same name each time so it would only count as one BlackOp but it doesn't count because it takes up the skill slot.

Not that it matters all that much because I guess it'd only be one opp anyway - but why does a skill opp not count?

Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed (BlackOps). These can be Career, School/Scavenger Hunt, Skill, Special, and Celebrity Opportunities.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7426 on: March 13, 2013, 06:27:36 PM »
Niana, each of the six black ops need to have different names. So if someone gets Share a Recipe as an opportunity once with Agnes Crumplebottom and once with Emma Hatch, you'd only be able to count one of them as the black op as I believe the opp is called 'Share a Recipe', not Share a Recipe with Agnes/Emma".

If even a single word in the title of the op is different each can count as black ops, but when the title is exactly the same, it can only count once, even if the sim/object it targets is different.

That's the way I understand it has always been, anyway. :)

Dek

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7427 on: March 13, 2013, 06:37:30 PM »
It does count.  When I replied I got autocorrected apparently.   Sorry about that. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #7428 on: March 13, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »
Is it alright to bring Plantsims into the house hold as long as they aren't an heir, or the means to make one?
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7429 on: March 13, 2013, 08:52:15 PM »
Is it alright to bring Plantsims into the house hold as long as they aren't an heir, or the means to make one?

According to the challenge team, any housemate can become a Plantsim at any time, as can immortals/heirs once the next generation has been brought in. The original link is here.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #7430 on: March 13, 2013, 09:07:06 PM »
Thank you!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Lallaith

• Nooboo
« Reply #7431 on: March 14, 2013, 03:47:04 AM »
sorry if its already been covered but i just want to check whether the personality programming function on one of the new science objects is banned, the one that lets you change yor sim's traits? i'm assuming it would be but just want to make sure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7432 on: March 14, 2013, 07:19:51 AM »
sorry if its already been covered but i just want to check whether the personality programming function on one of the new science objects is banned, the one that lets you change yor sim's traits? i'm assuming it would be but just want to make sure.

It's in the rules who can and cannot change their traits so I feel that it's already covered.   

A refresher:  Immortals and Immortals to be absolutely cannot ever change traits.  Everyone else = whatever.    This is only true for the immortal dynasty.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Paulo

• Nooboo
« Reply #7433 on: March 14, 2013, 07:53:50 PM »
I'm enjoying playing the challenge so far. Thanks for creating it :)

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #7434 on: March 14, 2013, 09:49:40 PM »
So the hair that I was using for my founder just disappeared after a shower, and was replaced by a gnome hat. It came with nightlife.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7435 on: March 14, 2013, 09:50:55 PM »
So the hair that I was using for my founder just disappeared after a shower, and was replaced by a gnome hat. It came with nightlife.

Sounds like career hair.  A lot of Late Night hairstyles aren't available in the career category.  He's probably self-employed or a low level.   Just click on him and have him change outfit.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #7436 on: March 14, 2013, 10:10:58 PM »
He's in the Gardening career. I went to the mirror and the Hair isn't even there to reselect.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7437 on: March 14, 2013, 10:12:29 PM »
He's in the Gardening career. I went to the mirror and the Hair isn't even there to reselect.

It's not going to be.  Like I said, a lot of Late Night hairstyles aren't available as career hairstyles.  All you need to do is have your Sim change clothes to their every day outfit and they will get their hair back.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #7438 on: March 14, 2013, 10:39:24 PM »
thanks

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7439 on: March 15, 2013, 02:52:28 AM »
As I said in my post there are no other restrictions at this time.  However, once a trait is chosen it is final.  Just like all other traits.   If you get the chance to change it through another social group or a second degree, you're not allowed. 

Can you please clarify this?

For example, I have De Arbol enrolled in Uni. If he completed University, or received enough influence, and received the chance to add a trait (to gain six total, none changed, only one added), would this be allowed?

anything