Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250326 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7410 on: March 13, 2013, 08:47:48 AM »
Is an immortal or spare allowed to earn up to two extra traits through graduation from university and the extra trait from a social group?

As I said in my post there are no other restrictions at this time.  However, once a trait is chosen it is final.  Just like all other traits.   If you get the chance to change it through another social group or a second degree, you're not allowed. 

Do smartphone photos count for museum? A smartphone seems to recognize themes for photos...
Smartphones use the photography skill just like the cameras from World Adventures.  Photography skill books are now available for those that UL but don't have WA so the following ruling has been made.

Smartphone Photos are allowed as optional pieces to add to your museum value.

All WA owners who also own UL that receive the mid-grade camera in their inventories have two choices as soon as their founder is placed.   You can sell the camera and then you use the cheat to set family funds to 1800 OR you never ever ever ever ever ever ever sell that camera. 

Graduation only gives you one possible trait. Later diplomas only allow you to change that trait... which makes me wonder if we're allowed to change an heir's or immortal's extra traits from graduation or social groups.

Also, are we allowed to use the Science skill to make a clone of an original townie late in the game (say, for instance, Gunther Goth to act as 5th generation's spouse)?

We already allow cloning and with the science skill is no different.   Just remember that the DNA sample may not actually work after the Sim has died.  There is a member that is testing this and I probably will be myself soon enough.  If you wanted to though, yes you could use Gunther as Gen 5's husband.  Just remember that cloning using the science skill means that you are placing an infant into the household with no family connection.  That means if you want him for Gen 5 - you'll need to have 1 slot for him for his entire life as well as the slot for gen 5.   It's about juggling the space and later generations are the worst for that especially when all you really want them to do is die.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7411 on: March 13, 2013, 12:10:40 PM »
I would definitely choose the never ever ever ever sell the camera option--starting an Immortal Dynasty with a camera is just too good.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7412 on: March 13, 2013, 12:20:41 PM »
Is there a policy against selling cameras that come with live-ins?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7413 on: March 13, 2013, 12:24:30 PM »
It's just for a character starting out.   Players who have WA & UL could sell the camera for §850 which is almost half of the starting cash you get for the Immortal Dynasty.  Therefore, we decided it would be a player's strategy to sell it since it's not the best or to keep it.  But if they sell it, the monetary advantage is removed.  All players must start with 1800.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #7414 on: March 13, 2013, 01:16:19 PM »
It's just for a character starting out.   Players who have WA & UL could sell the camera for §850 which is almost half of the starting cash you get for the Immortal Dynasty.  Therefore, we decided it would be a player's strategy to sell it since it's not the best or to keep it.  But if they sell it, the monetary advantage is removed.  All players must start with 1800.

Has this point been edited into the ruleset on the first post? I will never remember it otherwise. :P

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7415 on: March 13, 2013, 01:17:27 PM »
No I forgot.  Thanks for the reminder Amyrose.  I got distracted by a teething monster.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #7416 on: March 13, 2013, 01:51:55 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked before - it didn't come up on a search but may be lurking somewhere.  I was just poking around in Monte Vista and noticed that the Civic Center is available for partnership and buyout at §200 and §1000, respectively.  This seems ridiculous (but a godsend for an impoverished founder).   I didn't think you could buy police stations or military bases.  Is it allowed as the qualifying business for Dynasties?  (NB I'm currently on the last-but-one patch, so this may not be the most up-to-date information.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7417 on: March 13, 2013, 01:54:04 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked before - it didn't come up on a search but may be lurking somewhere.  I was just poking around in Monte Vista and noticed that the Civic Center is available for partnership and buyout at §200 and §1000, respectively.  This seems ridiculous (but a godsend for an impoverished founder).   I didn't think you could buy police stations or military bases.  Is it allowed as the qualifying business for Dynasties?  (NB I'm currently on the last-but-one patch, so this may not be the most up-to-date information.)

You're not on the latest patch?  You can't play a dynasty or challenge without being on the latest patch - just so you know. 

And I'll check MV real quick to see if it's like that for me too.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #7418 on: March 13, 2013, 01:58:07 PM »
I know. My challenge games are on hold at the moment.  I don't want to patch until I've fnished the epilogue for my Life States Dynasty because it's horribly buggy even without an extra disturbance :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7419 on: March 13, 2013, 02:07:02 PM »
Metro says we can't put any restrictions on that kind of thing but yeah when I opened Monte Vista - two buildings were worth §1200 to buy out completely.  The Civic Center and the Tasty Treats & Tomes. 

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #7420 on: March 13, 2013, 05:00:46 PM »
Just double-checking - the opps we can "force" from street art, PI and journalism can count for BlackOps, right?

But not the jobs from things like stylist or architect.

I don't play professions too often so I thought I'd check!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7421 on: March 13, 2013, 05:02:18 PM »
Just double-checking - the opps we can "force" from street art, PI and journalism can count for BlackOps, right?

But not the jobs from things like stylist or architect.

I don't play professions too often so I thought I'd check!

What do you mean opps you can force from street art and journalism?  How do you "force" them?  PI opps do count.   Stylist and Architect don't get opps for their jobs.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #7422 on: March 13, 2013, 05:06:04 PM »
Oh, sorry! I thought you got opps for journalist like you do for PI

Street art I think they're called commissions, once you're high enough. You get them from City Hall, I've done it a couple times

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7423 on: March 13, 2013, 05:06:55 PM »
Oh, sorry! I thought you got opps for journalist like you do for PI

Street art I think they're called commissions, once you're high enough. You get them from City Hall, I've done it a couple times

Do they have different names or the same name each time?

My test is that it's the same name each time so it would only count as one BlackOp but it does count because it takes up the skill slot. 

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #7424 on: March 13, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
You can force a Street Art opportunity at the University by checking one of the rabbit holes (I think the administration center) but at your home world I think it's the same as other skill ops, just waiting.

anything