Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250432 times)

Offline Revenge

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7380 on: March 11, 2013, 10:36:08 PM »
Hello, I want to do this, but I have some questions regarding the new expansion pack, university. Namely, are heirs aloud to go? Also, can we make ourselves Plant Sims? Thank you, Revenge.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7381 on: March 11, 2013, 10:41:16 PM »
Rica and the Team are working on that as we speak, so just wait a touch longer for an answer. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7382 on: March 11, 2013, 10:41:30 PM »
The new University Life content has yet to be ruled on for Dynasties and Challenges. The Board will let us know. It takes time to play-test everything. Keep current on this thread for new updates.

Edit: Trip beat me!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7383 on: March 11, 2013, 10:43:15 PM »
Hello, I want to do this, but I have some questions regarding the new expansion pack, university. Namely, are heirs aloud to go? Also, can we make ourselves Plant Sims? Thank you, Revenge.

Welcome to the forum.   University Life Content questions will be answered shortly.  If you read the thread, you'll see that people have been asking the questions but we have been saying it will come shortly.

As the ladies above me have said, just keep up with the thread and make sure you understand the rules as they are written now.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7384 on: March 12, 2013, 02:40:39 AM »
I was playing my Dynasty last night before I got University this morning. I noticed that the elixir consignment register is bugged. I tell my founder to go buy items, and he goes through talking to the till lady, and then it drops it and anything that may be past that action. Is this bug fixed by buying the place, selling the register and rebuying it? Plus if it is, is the register under buydebug when I can go back to playing my Dynasty?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7385 on: March 12, 2013, 02:54:36 AM »
If memory serves, the register should be under Build Mode > Community Objects. Buydebug is strictly forbidden.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7386 on: March 12, 2013, 03:34:30 AM »
I had this bug once before in Bridgeport, and I can't remember if I was able to fix it. If memory serves, I tried everything barring a complete reinstall. I had to start a new game. Is your sim a 5 star celebrity by any chance?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #7387 on: March 12, 2013, 03:45:29 AM »
Had this bug once in Sunset Valley. Have you tried looking at your other files to see if you have a lot of items up for consignment? If you have a ton of items up for consignment on another file, then you need to load up that file, cancel all of your consignments, and save.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7388 on: March 12, 2013, 04:01:18 AM »
Aha yes! Thank you for reminding me. The problem may be caused by consigning items from the family inventory, such as sculptures and the time machine.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7389 on: March 12, 2013, 08:33:10 AM »
University Life Content Update:

Can I go to University?
-- Yes.   As far as the challenge team is concerned, think of going to university in the same sphere as going on vacation.   They use the exact same rules.  For the immortal dynasty, this means that no one can go to University until after Generation 2 has become a young adult. 

Can Social Group opportunities, Dares or Day Jobs be used for BlackOps?
-- No.   These are along the same lines as adventures from WA.   Immortal Dynasties are only allowed to use the opportunities that fill the slots of the original Opportunity slots - Career/School, Skill and/or Special.

Can I use the skills that came with University Life as supermaxes?
-- Yes.  There are no restrictions regarding the three new skills that came with University Life.  Science, Street Art and Social Networking are all acceptable supermaxes.   Just remember that it is unknown at the time of this post how many opportunities are available for these specific skills. 

Am I allowed to use one of the new Social Group careers as my unique career?
-- Yes.  All three of the new careers are available but be aware that even though the Game Developer has two branches for part of the way through it's progress but in the end it's the same career so it only counts as one career instead of two. 

Are PlantSims allowed? 
-- Yes with restrictions.  A spare or housemate can be a PlantSim at anytime.  An immortal/heir can only become a plantSim after the next generation has been born.  A PlantSim can never be harvested as an heir due to the break in the bloodline and lack of genetics involved in PlantSims.   An immortal to be cannot harvest a forbidden fruit prior to the birth of the next generation as this will make the PlantSim the first born and that goes against the spirit of the challenge. 

Any other restrictions?
-- Not at this time.  Enjoy the new careers, herbs, smart phones and parties.  Should you learn anything that would be against the spirit of the challenge please make sure to tell us.  If you think of anything else that needs to be addressed, go ahead and ask in this thread or contact the team via PM.

Edit Town Changes:
The following change/restriction is now in place for dynasties from the moment of this post moving forward. 

-- The following lots are the only lots allowed to be placed from a vacation world into a homeworld:  Phoenix Martial Arts Academy,  The Scholar's Garden,  Champ Les Sims Nectary, Keith's Komics, B's Bowlarama, The Grott and Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7390 on: March 12, 2013, 08:52:07 AM »
Great, thanks Rica and challenge team, my copy of uni hasn't arrived yet but as much as I want to try it out I was hoping I wouldn't have to stop playing my dynasty too long as I'm really enjoying it at the moment.

Will definitely play test it first though so I don't accidentally do something silly while there and fail. With luck founders hubby will last long enough so I can send them for one final fling at Uni, he's 88 now.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7391 on: March 12, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
Forgot to mention -   Roommates are allowed but they take up a slot in the maximum amount of Sims allowed into a household which makes them a household member.  Therefore, if you ask someone to be your roommate in the Immortal Dynasty, you can never dismiss them.  They must remain a roommate for the rest of their natural lives.  This means that they will take up one of the slots until their death.    If you invite a roommate to live at the house while Gen 7 is a child and that roommate doesn't die until Gen 7 is elder than you have failed the dynasty because you couldn't bring in gen 8 with that roommate in the household.   Game mechanics make it that way not me.

Dynasty players after today are allowed a one time chance to go into Edit Town and place the new lots that have been allowed.  If you have installed University Life and played your dynasty since that installation, you have forfeit your chance to place these lots.  If you placed them without permission, you have lost your HOF status.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7392 on: March 12, 2013, 09:38:52 AM »
Thank you for letting us know, Ricalynn, and for all your work in testing it out for us.

Dek

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7393 on: March 12, 2013, 09:49:05 AM »
When loading up the game, having just installed University Life, can we allow the new venues/lots to be placed automatically (I seem to remember that happening before, and it seemed a lot neater) or do we have to place the entirely new lot, then put the venue on top of that?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7394 on: March 12, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »
Thanks for all your testing and answers!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything