Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250271 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7350 on: March 08, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »
Within the rules, you can get a nectar maker as soon as you can buy a property as the register is available under community objects.  Without the academy, you can already max out Martial arts as long as you have access to a consignment shop and a friend. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #7351 on: March 08, 2013, 04:16:34 PM »
To me this is all strategy stuff that I didn't think of.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7352 on: March 08, 2013, 04:20:14 PM »
That's what Edit Town is for me - a place to handle strategy and it's also why it's the most restrictive part of any dynasty. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7353 on: March 09, 2013, 04:44:06 AM »
Right then ... I've got a new (at least to me) travelling bug and I need assistance with it.

I sent five in my family (Founder, Founder's Spouse, Gen 2, Gen 2's Spouse, and Gen 3 to Egypt) and it ended up being for 9 days.

I've sent 4 of the 5 home successfully, the 5th Sim (Founder's Spouse) won't go home. He's currently on day 10 of 9.

I make going home his action, it lasts for as long as he's able to call up on his phone, and then drops out of his queue.

I've tried sending him home 3 or 4 times, all with the same result.

I have restarted the game, used reset sim on him and reset sim on all the sims, restarted the computer and cleaned the caches, all to no effect. Anything else?

I do have a saved game from before the trip to Egypt, probably from days before which I'll go back to if necessary.

EDIT: I suddenly remembered something. He sent some metals/gems off to get processed through the letter box while on vacation and has since collected them. He's now got three bills in his inventory which I can't do anything with. I have all stuff packs/expansion packs installed except for Katey Perry and Diesel.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7354 on: March 09, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
This is actually an old travelling bug.  You're going to have to go back to an earlier save as there is no way to trigger it to come home.   Don't send anyone home early or it could happen again.  Have everyone go home at the same time.  Make sure to not have anything in the mailbox and possibly have all phones on silent on the last day as there is a weird bug with Uni that if you're getting a phone call at the same time as you're leaving you get stuck.

As for the bills, this is a problem since 1.38.   Omni Plants were what you got if someone sent a gift over with the attraction system and bill is what you get if someone sends a letter and then the game gets rid of them somehow before you pick it up.  The Sim is no longer there so you get bills instead.  Nothing you can do about those I'm afraid until they can figure out the tweak and put it in the next patch. 

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7355 on: March 09, 2013, 02:23:27 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #7356 on: March 10, 2013, 08:04:47 AM »
Well... drat.  I finally thought I had all the problems worked out with my dynasty saves and Seasons installed and... I didn't know about the dresser bug.  One day from elder and all her requirements done and my third immortal is back to day one adult.  Please go ahead and Graveyard the Calhouns of Riverview thread.
 :-\

Maybe third time will be the charm.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7357 on: March 10, 2013, 10:34:59 AM »
MissTrips for the sake of knowledge did you trash your file yet?  There has been a recent development that the dresser bug is temporary if you switch tabs or save and come back to the game.

Technically you did go against the rules by using the dresser but I'm wondering if she was truly reset or just momentarily reset.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #7358 on: March 10, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »
No I haven't trashed the whole file yet.  But I didn't save, I was so shocked at losing her that close to immortality that I shut the game down and went here to find out if anyone else had that happen and found the rule change and the bug report.  So there's no way to tell if it was temporary or not, since I'd played about a day and a half of game time before I realized the age had reset.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7359 on: March 10, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »
No I haven't trashed the whole file yet.  But I didn't save, I was so shocked at losing her that close to immortality that I shut the game down and went here to find out if anyone else had that happen and found the rule change and the bug report.  So there's no way to tell if it was temporary or not, since I'd played about a day and a half of game time before I realized the age had reset.

Always try to keep up with the dynasty threads for reasons like this - but before you get put in the graveyard - do you want to play that file and use the dresser to see if it does it and gets reset? 

If her age does indeed go back to normal, I'd like to know.  The more people who tell me it's temporary - the more evidence I have so that we can remove the restriction from the rules.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #7360 on: March 10, 2013, 11:16:21 AM »
Always try to keep up with the dynasty threads for reasons like this - but before you get put in the graveyard - do you want to play that file and use the dresser to see if it does it and gets reset? 

If her age does indeed go back to normal, I'd like to know.  The more people who tell me it's temporary - the more evidence I have so that we can remove the restriction from the rules.

I can give it a whirl.  See if it's recoverable or not, to at least let you have some data.  Back in a few!

Edit:  And I'm back.  And a little bemused.  This time when I went and used the dresser, there was no age change.   I also shoved her spouce and the next generation over to the dresser to check them and they all came out the same age with no regression.  He was on his last adult day, due to age up to elder in the evening and the teen had 2 days left.    The two immortals had eaten their ambrosia before  I'd logged off the last time, so they had no added days to check.  I am on the most recent patch, with WA, AMB, PET and now SEAS installed, along with store content and no stuff packs.

So one time the dresser did an age reset, and this time it didn't.  I'll leave the determination up to you if I should go ahead and bench this try, since at the very least, I quit without saving and wiped out a day and a half of time.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #7361 on: March 10, 2013, 01:04:58 PM »
It doesn't seem to happen every time; I had one of my sims plan a maternity outfit after the patch, but before the announcement that the dresser was glitched and not to be used, and it didn't reset her age, either (lucky for me). It's a rather odd glitch.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7362 on: March 10, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
I've used the dresser a couple of times in a non-dynasty file and it hasn't changed anyone's age at all.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7363 on: March 10, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »
MissTrips - You didn't read the rules to find out about the dresser and you quit without saving.  Normally they would both be reasons to restart and if you want to restart that's your choice.  Metro is giving you a pass though to continue.  The reason is because of the ruling I'm about to make.

Use of a dresser is now allowed on days other than birthdays.   However(!), it is recommended that you check a Sim's age and write it down before sending them to make sure that you don't get the real bug instead of just the temporary one.  If you do get a real bug, you have to contact the team immediately - have it written down what the Sim's age was so we can help you figure out how to proceed.  Double check that it's the real thing by saving, exiting the game and then reloading it. 

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #7364 on: March 10, 2013, 05:57:50 PM »
I have a question: is it acceptable to have a "Junk Copy," of your file, in which you're not making efforts towards regular dynasty play, and nothing you do counts for the dynasty itself, it's just there for you to, I dunno, doodle floorplans in-game or mess with storyline events for a story?
It seems like that'd be allowed and necessary for some of the stuff seen on the forum, but I'd like to make triple-sure.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty