Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250251 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7320 on: March 06, 2013, 01:55:24 PM »
My 1st gen quit her self-employed career and got a rabbit-hole job for the opportunities. It doesn't matter which one - even if it's one you intend to have someone else do, except that will put a few career opportunities off limits - because the idea is that you'll work until you get your last BlackOp and then quit... I got a lot of opportunities out of the Politics career.

(This only works as long as the rabbit hole career in question is not in a combined building. I don't know what town you're in - Sunset Valley, Twinbrook, or Riverview should be okay, but the rest have at least a couple combined buildings.)

Also, learn a new skill, to broaden the base for skill opps. And if you have Celebrities turned on, your phone should be ringing off the hook with celebrity opportunities....
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7321 on: March 06, 2013, 02:14:50 PM »
Does anybody have any tips on how to get story progression to start moving more people in? my founder just had her ambrosia and her daughter is now a young adult with no chance of finding an RI in town unless she goes for an elder or very soon to be elder, some of the original teens in town are still adult but not for much longer.

It did surprise me by actually marrying Travis McDermott and Susie Broke, not seen a townie marriage in a long time, but it's really not been doing much at all, just moving in women mostly.

I've had sims in jobs doing the meet co-workers thing but it just uses the people already in town and even takes ones out of retirement to fill the roles, the town is pretty dead already and I've barely started  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #7322 on: March 06, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »
Same problem I'm having... If the problem is that you've got a lot of long-lived supernaturals, have someone learn alchemy and go around town throwing potent cure elixirs at any supernatural who isn't a witch...

also, if you're desperate: get a maid. Keep firing them until you get a male. Marry the maid. This has the plus, I guess, that the next heir might get the "no messes" hidden trait...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7323 on: March 06, 2013, 02:28:33 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn. Today is Spooky Day in game so I'll wait until the next day to see what happens when they go to school.

Re: Story Progression Issue. I had a sim bump into a French lady downtown recently. He had a potent friendship elixir in his back pocket and tossed it at her. They both threw up wishes to get to know the other one better, but then she had to go home suddenly. He called her, invited her over and she agreed to become. French wedding bells sounded and voila - instant mother to a future generation's spouse :) She came with rather nice traits as well and level 6 in nectar making - she's also a fair way from her elderhood

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7324 on: March 06, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »
If I wanted to play a pet, would I be able to create one directly from CAS (before I start the game) or is that not allowed?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7325 on: March 06, 2013, 04:33:44 PM »
Yes, you can create a pet (or several!) with your founder.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7326 on: March 06, 2013, 04:50:17 PM »
Thanks for the tips about maids and tourists, I don't have supernatural so it's not a long lived occult issue, just rather slow story progression, perhaps as some of the really old elders are starting to go now it might start moving more people in.

Then again there is always the option of an older spouse, she just got Bob Newbie as a co-worker and they are attracted, he's almost an elder but it might be nice to get some more original townie genes in the family, I'll have to see if she rolls any romantic wishes for him, if not I shall try your suggestions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7327 on: March 06, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »
You don't happen to have Late Nights, do you, Turoskel? I believe the original Sims 3 vampires came with that expansion.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #7328 on: March 06, 2013, 06:41:47 PM »
Turoskel,
You could always steal a spouse from a couple who is already married. You'd gain an enemy, but it's another option.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7329 on: March 06, 2013, 07:00:06 PM »
You don't happen to have Late Nights, do you, Turoskel? I believe the original Sims 3 vampires came with that expansion.

I do but I have vamps turned off.

Turoskel,
You could always steal a spouse from a couple who is already married. You'd gain an enemy, but it's another option.

Still the same issue, they are all elders, at present the original young adults are all nearing 90 going by my founders age, that's of those that are left in town after early deaths and emigration. Her mother in law just died aged 110 and she was an original adult, the last one standing. So unfortunate for them but maybe fortunate for me that there will be a lot of deaths soon, hopefully prompting some new younger residents, and not female or already near elder like previous ones.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7330 on: March 06, 2013, 07:34:27 PM »
Turoskel - you know elder men can still have babies right?   You'd be able to have gen 3 before he died and then he'd free of the space like a good dynasty slave.   Then you can take the game by the horns by having someone join the Daycare profession to make toddlers spawn in the neighborhood.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7331 on: March 07, 2013, 03:10:04 AM »
Oh yes Rica, hence considering Bob, plus he's a nice good looking sim. I guess my trouble is I'd like her to have a long happy marriage rather than a short one but then that's better than another fail just due to story progression.

I never thought about daycare, that's a very good idea, and a good way to torment my founders sister in law, she hates kids  ;D

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #7332 on: March 08, 2013, 12:33:10 AM »
I just want to make sure I'm okay here. I've read that we can place EA lots before starting, and we can purchase EA store items. So I assume that the Stones Throw Green house and the Fruits and Vegetables stand are okay to be used in a Dynasty file. They just seem to give a big advantage to a budding Gardener so that's why I'm asking for clarification.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7333 on: March 08, 2013, 01:14:17 AM »
Yes and yes, they're both legal.

But really, the gardener thing isn't the big thing - it's remembering to keep your Immortals alive throughout the generations, keep everything straight, and plan your families just right. Therein lies the true challenge.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #7334 on: March 08, 2013, 01:19:01 AM »
Yes and yes, they're both legal.

But really, the gardener thing isn't the big thing - it's remembering to keep your Immortals alive throughout the generations, keep everything straight, and plan your families just right. Therein lies the true challenge.
Yes, I understand that it's just that it's a big advantage. You can have access to just about every plant available. That's why I wanted clarification.

anything