Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250308 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7305 on: March 04, 2013, 11:25:14 PM »
Yeah, that was my first course of action.  Unfortunately, I compulsively save so at this point, my back up file would only bring me back to just after the wedding, at which point he is both a member of the household and cured.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7306 on: March 04, 2013, 11:26:15 PM »
Do you only use one save file?  Never rename it? 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #7307 on: March 04, 2013, 11:27:59 PM »
Right.  There's only the one.  Though I guess I should start doing that ...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7308 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29:41 PM »
Right.  There's only the one.  Though I guess I should start doing that ...

Editing in CAS might not do the trick.  It's only a 30% chance that changing a life state in CAS will work and that's just doing it for fun.   Have you tried the clipboard trick?  It didn't do anything for Trip but you never know.   

Does he have any moodlets that seem stuck other than his "thirst" need?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #7309 on: March 04, 2013, 11:31:47 PM »
Nope, his moodlets seem to be operating like normal.  What is the correct way to do the clipboard trick?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7310 on: March 04, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »
Nope, his moodlets seem to be operating like normal.  What is the correct way to do the clipboard trick?

There are two ways you can do it -  You can go into Edit Town and split the household.   Moving just the bugged sparklyman onto the clipboard and then replacing him with the family.   You could also place him into a separate house and then remerge him back in. 

Or you could clipboard the whole family and then put them back into the house.   Moving a Sim out of the house with Edit Town will cause wishes to disappear just so you know.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #7311 on: March 04, 2013, 11:42:25 PM »
I did the first thing.  It did not work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7312 on: March 05, 2013, 12:27:34 AM »
I did the first thing.  It did not work.

What would happen if you control clicked one or both of the moodlets away?
(in a secondary file if you have testingcheatsenabled true)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7313 on: March 06, 2013, 04:27:10 AM »
Ok then ... my Gen 3 heir is still a teenager and well going to school seems to be an issue. He has also learned to drive, so I have him drive to school in one of the motive mobiles and have him click on the school and select 'go to school'. More often than not this is with his younger future wife (though don't let them know I said that, I'm trying to let them think that they make all the decisions on their lives). Anyway, it allows her to go to school no problem after doing that, with him though, he drives home in the motive mobile and misses the bus. So he rides his bike to school and attends school for the day. For the last two sim days, my founder has stopped him on his way in the door of an afternoon, when he has homework in hand and is running to the table to do said homework when his grandma goes through the whole "you're in big trouble mister, don't do that again" dialogue.

Would it be him driving that causes the issue, and should I just stop having him drive to school?

Oh and changing Gen 2 into his uniform before work fixed the issue I was having with him being unable to go to work, thanks.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #7314 on: March 06, 2013, 06:12:52 AM »
For the photographs, do things like 'A Sim fishing' or 'a Sim using a computer' count?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7315 on: March 06, 2013, 06:15:03 AM »
So long as the immortal in question is the Sim doing the fishing.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7316 on: March 06, 2013, 06:20:27 AM »
Dek -

Not sure if the driving is the issue or not.   Have him drive her to school and when they leave - hit the arrow to pop up the school action in his queue.   See if he drives home again or if he just goes to the next action which would be school.

Offline Harpua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7317 on: March 06, 2013, 12:20:53 PM »
It is kind of embarrassing to have to post this, but time is running short and I'm not sure what to do.

Gen 2 is 4 opportunities short with only 3 days left until Elder status. Her career is painting and she's only had one painting op spawn. She has also maxed photography and sculpting skills. One photography op spawned when she was in high school, but I cancelled it because she couldn't travel abroad.

I suspect that because she spent a lot of time at home raising her child and her skills, her lack of friends cut down on the number of ops. I've sent her out to meet more Sims, but nothing has spawned yet.

I figure there are 3 options. Stand pat and hope for the best. Send her to France or Egypt (Gen 1 went to China and France, but I avoided the adventure board with him). Or the nuclear option - quit her Painter career and start over with something else. I'm sure someone else has encountered this, but I don't remember what they did (I've read much of the thread, but by no means all of it). Thanks for any advice.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7318 on: March 06, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »
Depending on how far she is in the painter career, have her finish that and then take a new job. Private Investigator is a good option because you can basically force ops to spawn (and while logic is one of the metrics, you don't need it to solve cases, so it can still be a free supermax).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #7319 on: March 06, 2013, 01:30:20 PM »
Depending on how far she is in the painter career, have her finish that and then take a new job. Private Investigator is a good option because you can basically force ops to spawn (and while logic is one of the metrics, you don't need it to solve cases, so it can still be a free supermax).
Actually regarding Private Investigator avoid those that require you to investigate locations and not objects like mailboxes and thrash cans, those do unfortunately increase logic skill. I found that out when i did some serious investigating with Zosime.

anything