Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250478 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7260 on: March 03, 2013, 02:57:33 AM »
You mean if people buy and install it? Because not everyone will.

Yes, as that seems to be the trend - bugs introduced in pre-EP patches are because we get most of the coding in them, thus causing the issues to vanish when the rest of the coding is introduced. It's only a guess based on a trend, though. I could be way wrong.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7261 on: March 03, 2013, 05:33:46 AM »
It's a problem with the Patch. Some people seem to be having it, others don't. If it is indeed a hit and miss scenario, it's best to wait until one of the Qualified Quartet (Rica/Ratchie/Metro/Pam, :P) comes along and says it's safe. My guess is that it'll vanish at University.

I don't know if I have the bug yet due to my serious lack of time to play lately, I hope I don't. I won't be getting University so they better fix it soon if I do have it. :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lallaith

• Nooboo
« Reply #7262 on: March 03, 2013, 06:38:02 AM »
My founder's husband burnt to death right after impregnating her with the heir!

That's Ok right? I can keep playing it can't I?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7263 on: March 03, 2013, 07:02:36 AM »
My founder's husband burnt to death right after impregnating her with the heir!

That's Ok right? I can keep playing it can't I?

Welcome to the forum! :) Yes you can, spares and spouses can die without causing failure unless you killed them on purpose which isn't allowed. The only ways death can cause failure are if an Immortal or Immortal-To-Be dies.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7264 on: March 03, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »
I don't know if that has been discussed yet, but something interesting happened to my second immortal. My first immortal married Leighton Sekemoto. And AFTER they got married, his mother, Yumi Sekemoto became a werewolf. Leighton and my immortal (obviously both human) had my second immortal and now she's a werewolf. I know werewolves are banned, so do I just cure her as soon as she's a young adult? Or is there a way to cure her now as a toddler/child/teen?

Cure the child with a potent cure elixir as soon as you can.  That's a weird glitch indeed.  Have you been using mods or CC?  Anything that didn't come with the game or from the store?

It's a problem with the Patch. Some people seem to be having it, others don't. If it is indeed a hit and miss scenario, it's best to wait until one of the Qualified Quartet (Rica/Ratchie/Metro/Pam, :P) comes along and says it's safe. My guess is that it'll vanish at University.

This is actually a pre-existing bug from before that had been fixed much like the combined rabbit hole bug had been previously fixed.  I don't foresee it disappearing with Uni but I have seen that it only happens in some games.  I have 7 active games and 6 of them reset life. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #7265 on: March 03, 2013, 01:19:46 PM »
Cure the child with a potent cure elixir as soon as you can.  That's a weird glitch indeed.  Have you been using mods or CC?  Anything that didn't come with the game or from the store?

I've had the exact same scenario happen to me just now, not in my Immortal dynasty, where the grandmother was a werewolf, neither of the parents were werewolves, and one kid ended up as a werewolf.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7266 on: March 03, 2013, 02:38:49 PM »
Small update for all players that plan on getting University Life.

The challenge team formally asks that all players hold off on using any University life content in their dynasties.  If you are receiving the game and want to explore, please do so in a non dynasty file until some rulings have been made about what is allowed and not allowed.   Using content that later becomes banned or restricted may result in a failure/loss of HOF status. 

If you do come across something that should be addressed, don't hesitate to tell the team in a PM or on one of the dynasty threads so they can look into it.   Please don't hold back any information either in an effort to keep it allowable in dynasties.  Eventually we will know all information about the expansion pack but we don't want anyone to have to start over if they don't have to.  Expansion packs are crazy things for those of us who enforce the rules and this one will be no exception. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7267 on: March 03, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »
Question regarding the dresser. What is the effect on life if using one while on vacation?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7268 on: March 03, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »
Small update for all players that plan on getting University Life.

The challenge team formally asks that all players hold off on using any University life content in their dynasties.  If you are receiving the game and want to explore, please do so in a non dynasty file until some rulings have been made about what is allowed and not allowed.   Using content that later becomes banned or restricted may result in a failure/loss of HOF status. 

If you do come across something that should be addressed, don't hesitate to tell the team in a PM or on one of the dynasty threads so they can look into it.   Please don't hold back any information either in an effort to keep it allowable in dynasties.  Eventually we will know all information about the expansion pack but we don't want anyone to have to start over if they don't have to.  Expansion packs are crazy things for those of us who enforce the rules and this one will be no exception.

Can we use the traits and harvestables, or not until you figure out what should be done with the herbs?

Also, does the makeover self option at the makeover station reset life? Plus if it does, is it alright to use it as soon as the sim ages up, just like the dresser right now?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7269 on: March 03, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
Question regarding the dresser. What is the effect on life if using one while on vacation?

Don't know but the ability to travel is limited and can cause problems on it's own.  That's why using a dresser is unallowed period until we can figure out how to avoid it.

Can we use the traits and harvestables, or not until you figure out what should be done with the herbs?

Also, does the makeover self option at the makeover station reset life? Plus if it does, is it alright to use it as soon as the sim ages up, just like the dresser right now?

Harvesting harvestables probably won't be a problem - Using them would be.    Makeovers are flat banned for everyone but immortals.   Doing it at all is failure/loss of HOF.

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7270 on: March 03, 2013, 04:25:22 PM »
So, we all know(hopefully)that each heir including the founder in the Immortal Dynasty challenge needs to have six opportunities completed, and they must be unique. The question is: is it okay to have more than six? Say I have a gardener as a founder and just planted some steak and patty plants to get the Omnificient Plant opportunity. But I already have five before that, and then another opportunity pops up at work. Is it okay to say yes to it and make sure no other heir gets it, or does it have to be six no matter what?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7271 on: March 03, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
Your immortals and heirs can complete as many opportunities as you want.   They just can't complete any that are completed by someone else.   And no one else can complete ones that they use for BlackOps.   

All questions for the dynasties should be asked in their thread so I'm merging your thread with the rules thread just so you know. 

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7272 on: March 03, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
Okay thanks. Now when you say "someone else", does that mean anyone in the family or just heirs? Like if I have the husband of my founder get an opportunity that the heir might get later on, does that mean the heir can't use that one if it pops up? And if I only use the six for BlackOps, if there are any extras, can those be used if they pop up later on?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7273 on: March 03, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »
Okay thanks. Now when you say "someone else", does that mean anyone in the family or just heirs? Like if I have the husband of my founder get an opportunity that the heir might get later on, does that mean the heir can't use that one if it pops up? And if I only use the six for BlackOps, if there are any extras, can those be used if they pop up later on?

A spare/extra in the house can complete any opportunities they want.    Only immortals and immortals to be have restrictions.   

Immortal A does the Omniplant opps.  Immortal Husband also does them.

Immortals B, C, D, E, F, G & H are not allowed to do any of the Omniplant Opps or you fail.

When your immortal eats ambrosia,  you have to list six opps.   Once that immortal has eaten ambrosia - the opportunities cannot change.     So if Immortal A completes Gardening Opp 1, Gardening Opp 2, Gardening Opp 3, Gardening Opp 4, Culinary Career Opp 1, Culinary Career Opp 2, Culinary Career Opp 5 and Cooking Opp 7.    You choose their 6 opportunites as the 4 gardening opps, and Culinary Opp 1 & 5.     You can never replace those opps with the cooking opp.    And no other immortals/heirs can complete those 6 opps.   But another immortal/heir could complete Cooking Opp 7.  It just cannot be claimed by anyone.

Offline ForgivingSoul

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7274 on: March 03, 2013, 04:57:49 PM »
Okay that makes sense. Thank you :) that really helps with my dynasty.

anything