Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250129 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7245 on: February 28, 2013, 07:23:07 PM »
This might be a dumb question but can you use the same dynasty name you used in your previously failed dynasty's or do you have to make a new one?

You can keep the same name, no problems.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7246 on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:03 PM »
This might be a dumb question but can you use the same dynasty name you used in your previously failed dynasty's or do you have to make a new one?

If you want to keep naming it 'The Awesomest Dnasty In Da World' or whatever you named it, you can.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7247 on: February 28, 2013, 08:50:30 PM »
Yay thank you!
Shimmershine : Ya like?
About to start 3rd attempt. But i consider in 2nd because the actual first was with a different name, along time ago, when I was way less expirenced. I lost on the previous one because I moved into a house that wasnt on the list in the rules. Lol thats a bad way to fail, right!? Haha. Anyway well I hope to suceed in this one ! ::)

Thanks for your help, bye :) !
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7248 on: March 01, 2013, 07:35:41 PM »
Just to confirm something before I go ahead and do it then find out that for some reason I'm understanding it wrong.

Gavroche, my Gen 2 has just maxed his career as self employed painter. He is 2 days away from being an adult. Yes, an adult, not an elder. His supermaxed skill is cooking. I thought I might switch his career to culinary and attempt to get to the top in that one as well, for the fridge (the second of that particular fridge in the household, the first was from his father (not immortal). I'm just wanting to confirm that even if I change his career at this point in proceedings that I can still count Self Employed Painter as his unique career.

Many thanks,

Dek

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7249 on: March 01, 2013, 07:44:45 PM »
That's fine, at least going by the ruling that a sim doesn't have to be in their designated unique career by ambrosia time.

And all that done with two days to adult? Great job!

Offline Jennawynn

• Nooboo
« Reply #7250 on: March 01, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »
Joined the forums just to do this :) I did have one (series of) question(s) though. The list of properties is where we're supposed to live, right? The one for Twinbrook is an equestrian center, so I used edit town to delete everything and shift it to residential. My understanding is that we start with an empty lot and $1800.. right? Or is this after building a house in some way? Just making sure I'm not making it harder on myself than I really have to. Right now, I've got a guy with a 3x3 room on an empty lot with nothing but a bed toilet and fridge, and a door. lol

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7251 on: March 01, 2013, 08:08:35 PM »
You start on an empty lot, and most lots will leave you with more money than 1800. The protocol is to use the familyfunds cheat to bring down your funds to 1800.

And yes, welcome to the lovely days of minimalist dynasty living. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jennawynn

• Nooboo
« Reply #7252 on: March 01, 2013, 08:16:45 PM »

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7253 on: March 01, 2013, 09:39:26 PM »
Jennawyn, a lot of people find a wealthy rich sim (or a sim with an expensive car to move in with their founder) so they don't have to start off with so little at the start. Also, if you have access to the expansion pack that gives us the consignment store, that can give you a range of nice things. Thirdly there are potions/other items in the alchemy consignment store (Supernatural) that can help. And fourthly, there are gems/minerals/flowers/insects/fish/plants round the various towns that you can collect. There is also a thread found in the Immortal Dynasty story board that has a lot of tips for Immortal Dynasties. That may give you extra ideas and advice. Welcome to the forum.

Trip, thanks for that, I was impressed with that effort myself. He supermaxed both cooking and painting. I did not use the tabcast for him (I tend to not allow immortals to use the tabcast in case they work on something they shouldn't be), but he did read all the painting books as a toddler and used the play oven extensively as a child. I think that the fact that all 5 of his childhood school days were days off (4 days were snow days and the fifth day was the winter festival) and his grandparents (Morgana and Thornton Wolff) tutored him as a child helped a great deal with his amount of cooking/painting completed as a child. His son is unlikely to go anywhere near as well during his childhood with his skills.

Thanks again,

Dek

Offline Agnes

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7254 on: March 01, 2013, 10:44:24 PM »
I don't know if that has been discussed yet, but something interesting happened to my second immortal. My first immortal married Leighton Sekemoto. And AFTER they got married, his mother, Yumi Sekemoto became a werewolf. Leighton and my immortal (obviously both human) had my second immortal and now she's a werewolf. I know werewolves are banned, so do I just cure her as soon as she's a young adult? Or is there a way to cure her now as a toddler/child/teen?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7255 on: March 01, 2013, 10:51:36 PM »
I don't know what the fate of your dynasty is because of that (that's just weird), but you can cure a child with a potent cure elixir. Just for future reference.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7256 on: March 02, 2013, 09:54:56 AM »
Okay, final question of all time (I hope):

If playing in a town with combination rabbitholes (for example, Monte Vista) can the player, prior to entering the game, insert additional uncombined rabbitholes without deleting the original?

Edit: Never mind--I've been combing through this thread for the question about combination rabbitholes I asked earlier, but I actually asked on the Life States Dynasty thread! I assume the ruling is the same for both challenges, so off to put in a few more rabbitholes . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7257 on: March 02, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »
Until further notice, the use of a dresser to plan an outfit is only allowed between the time a Sim ages up and midnight on his/her birthday.

Is this still the case? Couldn't see anywhere saying otherwise but was about to start thinking about moving Helpers in or a spouse - got portraits to paint! :P If I can't change their appearances I don't want them though, Lol. I'll just play Legacy until the issue is resolved or there is a workaround.  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7258 on: March 02, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
Is this still the case? Couldn't see anywhere saying otherwise but was about to start thinking about moving Helpers in or a spouse - got portraits to paint! :P If I can't change their appearances I don't want them though, Lol. I'll just play Legacy until the issue is resolved or there is a workaround.  :-\

It's a problem with the Patch. Some people seem to be having it, others don't. If it is indeed a hit and miss scenario, it's best to wait until one of the Qualified Quartet (Rica/Ratchie/Metro/Pam, :P) comes along and says it's safe. My guess is that it'll vanish at University.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7259 on: March 03, 2013, 02:54:57 AM »
It's a problem with the Patch. Some people seem to be having it, others don't. If it is indeed a hit and miss scenario, it's best to wait until one of the Qualified Quartet (Rica/Ratchie/Metro/Pam, :P) comes along and says it's safe. My guess is that it'll vanish at University.

You mean if people buy and install it? Because not everyone will.