Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250324 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7230 on: February 26, 2013, 12:00:34 PM »
I generally send them to the dresser straight after aging up but I just sent my founder to do her wedding dress before seeing this, although it didn't change her age at all, if I fail and start over yet again should I make sure it's her formal in CAS then? or can you sort a second outfit as soon as you move them in? I wish you could plan more than one in CAS  :-\

Yeah go ahead and make it her formal if you know you're going to do the wedding before the adult birthday.    I wish we could too but I've had someone reset in age back to close to the beginning five times now. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #7231 on: February 26, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »
...also, make sure one outfit you've got is maternity_ok and attractive, if you don't want to look at the random clothing assigned for maternity clothes.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7232 on: February 26, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »
Where can we preplan maternity?
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7233 on: February 26, 2013, 12:38:11 PM »
Where can we preplan maternity?

If you're talking about changing clothes to be maternity viable, you have to do that on a birthday or in CAS before you place the founder.   

Otherwise you'd normally be able to give a female Sim new clothes after the chimes but before the twirl by just going to the dresser and planning new outfits that are from the small list of options that are known maternity wear.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #7234 on: February 26, 2013, 08:30:50 PM »
What if none of the traits I want for an Immortal are available at birth/toddlerhood, when the kid ages up into a child, will the option to add all 3 traits appear? Or will the game just assign 2 random ones? If I can't choose 3 traits at childhood, am I allowed to use cheats to add them? (I've never not chosen traits at birth before so I don't know if the game will allow me to pick 3 at childhood if I skip them over toddlerhood).  :-\

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #7235 on: February 26, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »
...actually, yes, I think it will let you fill slots you previously left blank.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7236 on: February 26, 2013, 09:05:21 PM »
Actually no.  If you leave them blank they will forever be blank because you can't give heirs midlife crises LTR.  If you are unsure if it will let you, start a test file and double check.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7237 on: February 27, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »
Can sculptures completed on vacation be taken home? This is only because I have to utilize plan C (!) for Marvin's elder sculpture, which involves an extended trip to France.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7238 on: February 27, 2013, 08:41:09 AM »
Yes and No.  Normal sculptures can but all ice sims become 0 value discs upon reaching home or they disappear.  I just know it can't be done for museum pieces. All others come home without issues.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #7239 on: February 27, 2013, 09:16:41 AM »
You can get your 25 ice sculptures on vacation, and then sculpt him at home immediately upon getting back.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7240 on: February 27, 2013, 07:45:23 PM »
Crap.

Marvin is about one hour's worth of work away from reaching the top of his career/fulfilling his LTW. He's 89 days old. His next work day is in four days and twenty hours.

The worst part? He hasn't had a boss in weeks (his last one was Dilly Pidgin, and she's long gone), so no one to ask for promotions.

And for the record, he has Multitasker. His metrics are fine. He never misses work.

Just...gah. I hate this so much. I can't fail again.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #7241 on: February 27, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
Oh no, Trip! My fingers are crossed that Marvin is able to hide from Grimmy for another five days!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7242 on: February 27, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
Apparently the lack of a boss is a "feature" of the higher levels of the career. Poo.

This particular file always has sims die on their 90th birthday, with the exception of Charmaine, who lived to 91.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #7243 on: February 28, 2013, 11:25:50 AM »
Oh Trip what rotten luck :/ I too am keeping my fingers crossed for you.                     

May I have permission to go back to a previous save in my dynasty game? (Yes its been a long while since I have played). All the family are stuck in France and can't go home.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7244 on: February 28, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »
This might be a dumb question but can you use the same dynasty name you used in your previously failed dynasty's or do you have to make a new one?
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!