Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248761 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7215 on: February 25, 2013, 02:40:26 AM »
I have an edit town query, I know I cannot alter a lot to have a hot air balloon but is it allowable to copy Perspective Park to the bin then put that in another town to get a hot air balloon? from previous replies about the fortune teller I'm assuming it probably is okay but as it's a new thing I wanted to check.

Also can we add it to old files as it is new content?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7216 on: February 25, 2013, 06:24:26 AM »
I have an edit town query, I know I cannot alter a lot to have a hot air balloon but is it allowable to copy Perspective Park to the bin then put that in another town to get a hot air balloon? from previous replies about the fortune teller I'm assuming it probably is okay but as it's a new thing I wanted to check.

Also can we add it to old files as it is new content?

Unlike the gypsy caravan, the hot air balloon is a purchasable item that can be bought on residential and commercial lots.  The Gypsy caravan is a rabbit hole that wasn't available in edit town so you had to copy that park to get it or to place it in the world for a career.    The Hot Air Balloon is Premium Content and can be placed on your lot or any lot so no - you can't place Perspective Park to place the balloon in older files. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7217 on: February 25, 2013, 06:48:53 AM »
Ah okay, I didn't realise it was a rabbit hole as I don't have supernatural. Not sure it would be as useful as I first thought anyway, there is no ask to join option on the balloon so getting an uncontrolled sim into it is practically impossible, seems very odd as part of it's appeal is the proposal action.

But for making a property level 3 it has a high price tag so could be better than adding non functional things. I think balloon rides might be coming to Four Bridges Park in the near future.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7218 on: February 25, 2013, 05:22:23 PM »
Aurora Skies Edit Town update:

With the addition of Aurora Skies to the town list, the Edit Town rules clarifications have been updated to show the new lots that are eligible for lot reassignment. 

• Aurora Skies
    • Fiskar Fishing Park
    • Sundhöll Community Pool (to Pool only)
    • Sustainable Community Garden
    • Lend and Learn Library (to Library only)
    • Placid Park
    • Björn Café

These are the lots that are allowed to be changed as per the previously clarified Edit Town rules.  (link)

If you have already started a dynasty, these options are not available to you.   Do not go back into Edit Town without permission just like before.    There are exceptions this time to the list because for some reason the town creators forgot to make the library a library and one of the pools was marked no visitors.  So they are free to get the designation their descriptions say they are. 

The new hot air balloon is a piece of premium content; it is not a rabbit hole therefore it is not acceptable to copy the lot with the umbrella to put into older saves.   You can purchase the balloon on any lot. 

As always if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  It's better to know than to wonder and find out you were wrong. 

Happy Simming!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7219 on: February 25, 2013, 08:02:02 PM »
Since you mentioned on the Baby Boomer thread about plain dressers resetting age, what does this mean for dynasties? I never even noticed that. D:

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7220 on: February 25, 2013, 08:02:32 PM »
Until further notice, the use of a dresser to plan an outfit is only allowed between the time a Sim ages up and midnight on his/her birthday.

Since you mentioned on the Baby Boomer thread about plain dressers resetting age, what does this mean for dynasties? I never even noticed that. D:

I was working on that.  This is only because of the new patch and will remain this way until further notice.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7221 on: February 25, 2013, 08:04:05 PM »
Noooooo! I didn't realise the implications for dynasties too! I cannot have my Sims for my dynasty story go around in whatever Watcherforsaken outfits they age into!

Edit: Whew. Never mind. That was scary for a minute there. That's when I dress them anyway, so no worries.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7222 on: February 25, 2013, 09:35:56 PM »
I just did that earlier today!  Am I still ok ?? I don't think this was posted yet. I haven't  looked to see that sims age yet. Sorry!

Also does this apply to everyone. Or just the heirs
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7223 on: February 25, 2013, 09:59:29 PM »
No one's age can be altered in this dynasty except for Immortals post-Ambrosia. Notice it says "Sim" and not "heir" like it does in the Life States Dynasty thread.

By samoht04

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #7224 on: February 25, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »
If we are just starting. Before we place our founder. Can we place empty community lots for our dynasty to purchase later and builds stuff on? Can we own a bunch of properties as long as each elder purchases two unique properties?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7225 on: February 25, 2013, 10:54:09 PM »
If we are just starting. Before we place our founder. Can we place empty community lots for our dynasty to purchase later and builds stuff on? Can we own a bunch of properties as long as each elder purchases two unique properties?

You cannot create your own lots in the sense that placing empty lots to create things later.   Empty lots actually will not be available through the real estate option to purchase if you tried.  If you put something on them, then they would be no longer empty and then it would disqualify you because you put something on them therefore created your own lot.  EA lots only.  if you place an EA lot to change later it cannot have its designation changed.

You can own as much of the town as you want but each heir much purchase a unique building and a unique property of his/her own.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7226 on: February 25, 2013, 11:08:55 PM »
Are you supposed to delete the horse center in sunset valley and move in there or does it matter where live. I was just wondering because why did metro put up a list of addresses in the rules. Are we supposed to move into one of those places. Or is it just the recommended places. I already started my dynasty and chose another lot in sunset valley.
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7227 on: February 25, 2013, 11:13:48 PM »
Are you supposed to delete the horse center in sunset valley and move in there or does it matter where live. I was just wondering because why did metro put up a list of addresses in the rules. Are we supposed to move into one of those places. Or is it just the recommended places. I already started my dynasty and chose another lot in sunset valley.

You must live at the designated address in SV. If the Equestrian Centre is there, you are allowed to delete it first. :) Living in any other lot invalidates HOF. :)

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7228 on: February 26, 2013, 12:17:23 AM »
Great. Even though I am on my first immortal still I had the second already born, a hubby, my LTW done, and  of my LTr bought.  Whatever its ok.  THANK YOU, for telling me because i would have not relized untill the 5 dynasty or something :). At least I cought it early. Time to get simming ;)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7229 on: February 26, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »
Until further notice, the use of a dresser to plan an outfit is only allowed between the time a Sim ages up and midnight on his/her birthday.

I was working on that.  This is only because of the new patch and will remain this way until further notice.

I generally send them to the dresser straight after aging up but I just sent my founder to do her wedding dress before seeing this, although it didn't change her age at all, if I fail and start over yet again should I make sure it's her formal in CAS then? or can you sort a second outfit as soon as you move them in? I wish you could plan more than one in CAS  :-\