Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248842 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7170 on: February 19, 2013, 08:35:36 AM »
Welcome back to Sims and Welcome to the forum Sans_Sanity!

It's an acceptable opportunity.  As long as the deathflower is only in the inventory for as long as it takes to deliver it. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #7171 on: February 19, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »
One thing I'm finding as my generations go by - having fairies, vampires, and werewolves in town seems to have stalled out story progression. Two generations in a row the only children and teens in town were newspaper carriers and babysitters (a grand total of two of each), and right now my town seems a little short on Young Adults, too. I know I can't change my population settings, but is it okay for me to arm one of my characters with a couple dozen Potent Cure Elixirs and, say, remove the dreadful curse from the vampires and werewolves to see if people actually dying of old age will get things moving again? Or would that count as effectively killing them? Most of them are currently in Adult status.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7172 on: February 19, 2013, 08:56:25 AM »
You can cure whoever you want for whatever reason. Including curing a supernatural before moving them in so you can have a spouse.

Offline Sans_Sanity

• Nooboo
« Reply #7173 on: February 19, 2013, 09:17:55 AM »
Welcome back to Sims and Welcome to the forum Sans_Sanity!

It's an acceptable opportunity.  As long as the deathflower is only in the inventory for as long as it takes to deliver it.

Thanks :) I'll keep an eye out for it with one of my future gardeners when I'll have an excess of flowers!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7174 on: February 21, 2013, 09:15:54 PM »
The dynasty rules have been updated to show the three new lots available in Aurora Skies.   I have not had a chance to go over the entire town to find lots that can be changed yet as per the rules.   That is something that can only been done before you place a founder so remember that if you decide you really want to start one.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #7175 on: February 21, 2013, 10:55:23 PM »

I'm thinking about starting a dynasty in Bridgeport and had a couple of quick questions. Is the dynasty lot supposed to be a 44x34 lot? Or is that just because my game auto-placed an EA building there? Also, are we still allowed to start with a pet? I seemed to recall being allowed to start with a cat or dog, but I couldn't find anything in the rule set about it.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7176 on: February 21, 2013, 10:56:30 PM »
Is the dynasty lot supposed to be a 44x34 lot?

Yep. It's that size regardless of what lot got placed there.

Also, are we still allowed to start with a pet? I seemed to recall being allowed to start with a cat or dog, but I couldn't find anything in the rule set about it.

Yes you are. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7177 on: February 21, 2013, 10:57:11 PM »
I'm thinking about starting a dynasty in Bridgeport and had a couple of quick questions. Is the dynasty lot supposed to be a 44x34 lot? Or is that just because my game auto-placed an EA building there? Also, are we still allowed to start with a pet? I seemed to recall being allowed to start with a cat or dog, but I couldn't find anything in the rule set about it.

It's whatever lot is the address in the rules.   I know it's not a 60 x 60 lot.   And yes pets are allowed but you still only get 1800.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #7178 on: February 21, 2013, 11:17:11 PM »

Sorry, more start up questions!

I know we can place EA created lots. If there isn't an empty lot to put an EA venue (say the Equestrian Center) on, can we add an empty lot through the world editor tool? Bridgeport doesn't seem to have enough empty lots for the game to auto-place it.

It's okay to replace the regular big park with the seasons festival lot version of it, yes?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7179 on: February 21, 2013, 11:18:37 PM »
Sorry, more start up questions!

I know we can place EA created lots. If there isn't an empty lot to put an EA venue (say the Equestrian Center) on, can we add an empty lot through the world editor tool? Bridgeport doesn't seem to have enough empty lots for the game to auto-place it.

It's okay to replace the regular big park with the seasons festival lot version of it, yes?

Yes you can place more lots.  Don't forget to check out the Edit Town rules if you need to.   

It should already be auto replaced.

Oh and remember that Bridgeport can't have inventing supermax as a heads up.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #7180 on: February 21, 2013, 11:22:54 PM »

What? Why not?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7181 on: February 21, 2013, 11:23:46 PM »
What? Why not?

You cannot complete the Simbot.  You get the part but when you get home, the workbench won't let you.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #7182 on: February 21, 2013, 11:49:47 PM »
Wow, thanks for letting me know. Inventing was going to be the first supermax! I thought Juxt maxed inventing in the De D'Onlyn dynasty? At least, I remember lots of simbots being in it. Anyway, looks like I'm going to have to re-think my skill/career plans.

Oh, hm. I guess they were the LTR simbots?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7183 on: February 21, 2013, 11:51:58 PM »
Wow, thanks for letting me know. Inventing was going to be the first supermax! I thought Juxt maxed inventing in the De D'Onlyn dynasty? At least, I remember lots of simbots being in it. Anyway, looks like I'm going to have to re-think my skill/career plans.

Velmoor supermaxed Logic because of the bug.  All the Simbots (or was it just one?) were from the "My Best Friend" LTR.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #7184 on: February 22, 2013, 02:33:47 AM »
Pfft, I've made so many simbots now I can't even remember how many I made in the file, and I'm certainly not going to dig through my archive to find out LOL

Both these things are true, Simbots can't be constructed in Bridgeport, and Velmoor did super max Handiness for that very reason.

Due to elevator glitches and long pathing roots I recommend you steer clear of Bridgeport, unless you really want to challenge yourself, then enjoy! I did until my computer started taking over an hour to load my game.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

anything