Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248727 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7155 on: February 17, 2013, 08:14:57 PM »
Any dynasty plans for me are still a long way off but am just checking things as I think of them for future referance. (Need stuff from the Sims 3 store and to get past this darn writers block first, lol).

It's not required that you write a story for your Dynasty.  You can just play it if you want.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7156 on: February 17, 2013, 09:17:42 PM »
If I get the bug that causes the Consignment store to be closed due to no Consignment store clerk showing up, am I allowed to use edit town to replace the register to get get a new clerk to show up? As that normally fixes the bug for me.

If you have Supernatural, you can also consign things at the Elixir Consignment Store, there's a clerk there 24/7.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline twenty8twelve

• Nooboo
« Reply #7157 on: February 18, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »
Thanks Pam for the welcome and moving my thread. As you probably guessed I wasn't too sure where to put my post and I somehow missed this huge thread.  :o

Oooh and before I get to my new question though, Pam, I just wanted to say I loved your Dreamweaver dynasty story! This is no joke, but I stayed up all night finishing it - I had to know what happened in the end, it was that good.  ;D

So, onto my new question. I'm playing in Twinbrook where there's no Fortune Teller caravan/lot. I was wondering if it would be ok for me to edit the world to place a small community lot on the outskirts of town, which is open to visitors, and place the caravan object (and a few trees/decorative items etc) as there's no actual EA building and just the object? I was thinking if this was allowed, it would only be fair for it to be put on a "restricted list" of lots I can't buy in my dynasty.

Cheers in advance  :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7158 on: February 18, 2013, 01:56:35 PM »
In order to place the caravan, you either have to...

1. Copy the original Gypsy Caravan lot from Moonlight Falls and place it in Twinbrook.

2. Buy a lot (say, a fishing hole) and place the caravan there. You lose ownership of the lot in that case.

Placing it on an empty lot with Edit Town is a no-go.

Offline twenty8twelve

• Nooboo
« Reply #7159 on: February 18, 2013, 02:08:44 PM »
Thanks Trip (again :P )! No.1 sounds like the best option, so I'll go with that. I don't know why, but I find it highly amusing and appropriate to have an old Hag *cough* Fortune Teller living in the marshy lands of Twinbrook.  ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7160 on: February 18, 2013, 03:54:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum  twenty8twelve.  I'm afraid if you've already started your game #2 is your only option.  Edit town is reserved only for prior to placing your founder and new buildings from store/expansion. 

Using edit town after placing a founder without permission of the challenge team (metro, ratchie or myself) or Pam means you lose eligibility for Hall of Fame/ failure.

Also just so you know there is a very detailed edit town post linked in the rules that I came up with.   It should help with some of your questions.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #7161 on: February 18, 2013, 05:01:25 PM »
I have a question concerning the photos.
The rules say that the subject of the photo needs to correctly register.
Is it ok if a photo of a toddler registered as "A toddler playing with a toy"(or watever was the exact wording) or e.g. a photo of a child/teen "A sim painting". Or is only "My love/My husband/My family member/A superstar" acceptable?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7162 on: February 18, 2013, 05:02:56 PM »
twenty8twelve, to add to what was said about placing the gypsy caravan, although you do lose the lot, you get your money back, so you can buy the gypsy caravan as a building, or buy something else.

edit to add: maisie, as long as there's some reference to the sim, the photo is fine. You just can't take a picture of a building (or a pyramid) with your sim in front of it and have it count.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7163 on: February 18, 2013, 05:03:21 PM »
I have a question concerning the photos.
The rules say that the subject of the photo needs to correctly register.
Is it ok if a photo of a toddler registered as "A toddler playing with a toy"(or watever was the exact wording) or e.g. a photo of a child/teen "A sim painting". Or is only "My love/My husband/My family member/A superstar" acceptable?

A toddler playing with a toy is acceptable because the toddler you're trying to take a picture of is the on playing with the toy. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #7164 on: February 18, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
A toddler playing with a toy is acceptable because the toddler you're trying to take a picture of is the on playing with the toy. 

That's great. And what about "A sim painting" if the to-be-immortal is the one painting?
(I'm sorry, but I don't know what the photos are called in English, often they differ from the German names)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7165 on: February 18, 2013, 05:16:34 PM »
That's great. And what about "A sim painting" if the to-be-immortal is the one painting?
(I'm sorry, but I don't know what the photos are called in English, often they differ from the German names)

Same thing as long as it's the immortal-to-be that is painting then it counts. 

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #7166 on: February 18, 2013, 05:19:42 PM »
Same thing as long as it's the immortal-to-be that is painting then it counts. 

Thank you. ^^
I know I'm asking sometimes silly questions but I want to be sure that I completely understand the rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7167 on: February 18, 2013, 05:20:13 PM »
Thank you. ^^
I know I'm asking sometimes silly questions but I want to be sure that I completely understand the rules.

There are no silly questions.   Only silly people for never asking questions.    You're fine.   

Offline twenty8twelve

• Nooboo
« Reply #7168 on: February 18, 2013, 06:21:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum  twenty8twelve.  I'm afraid if you've already started your game #2 is your only option.  Edit town is reserved only for prior to placing your founder and new buildings from store/expansion.

Aha! Yes, I have started playing already, but haven't gone ahead with any changes yet because I've been busy documenting and sorting out all the screenshots I've taken (I think I went overboard lol) in preparation for publication. :D However, when I do get back to playing, since my poor dynasty sim is utterly broke option 2 is therefore out of the question for the moment - she'll just have to live without getting her fortune told!

I'll give the main forum post and the extra edit town rules a proper look over so I don't mess up and compromise my first challenge attempt.  :D

Offline Sans_Sanity

• Nooboo
« Reply #7169 on: February 19, 2013, 08:33:22 AM »
Hey,

After a long sim break and a lot of lurking, I've finally got back to playing and started up a Dynasty.

My founder had an opportunity pop up the other day that I'd like a ruling on even though I cancelled it for him. It was a gardening opportunity (a non-supermax skill in my Dynasty, so could potentially happen again) to take a deathflower to someone in the neighbourhood - called something to do with an Insurance Policy. I think to do this I would need to have a deathflower in my inventory - but if I was trying to claim this then it would be pre-ambrosia. Would this be off-limits to all heirs, or would it be acceptable for the duration of the drive/walk to the relevant house?