Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248396 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7140 on: February 16, 2013, 03:23:06 AM »
My Gen 3 nooboo is constantly in an orange square behind his headshot on the left hand side of the screen. He has his needs bars fully green (his parents are going out in the motive mobile with him), his mood bar is green (hovering the cursor over it tells me he is happy) and the only moodlet he has up is 'Squeaky Clean'. His father (who is carrying him) has the 'Baby Crying' moodlet up, it seems stuck, as the nooboo is not crying (he didn't have the crying thought bubble above his head) or anything to suggest that he is crying. The Nooboo's mother does not have any such moodlet, and she is in the car with them.

I've tried resetting the nooboo, but that doesn't seem to have made any different (+ve or -ve). Is this a case where deleting that moodlet is a possibility? Is there any way of fixing the nooboo within the rules?

EDIT: The game crashed on me just after that. On re-entering, it seems that my previous game was this morning. The third generation is still too come as a result. I'll see how it goes this time

Offline twenty8twelve

• Nooboo
« Reply #7141 on: February 16, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »
Hi all :) I'm a long time lurker who needs a little help (hate that my first post is a cry for help, but what can you do?).

I decided after reading up on the Immortal Dynasty challenge and some of the stories to give it a go... and so off I went to create my sim etc. I chose Twinbrook as I've never played there before but when I go to try and move my sim into the right house/plot, can you believe I can't find an empty house/plot on Puddlewick drive! For a while I thought I was just missing it perhaps (I'm a bit blonde sometimes lol) but no, after a quick look via edit town it seems 16 Puddlewick Dr has been replaced (without my say so might I add) with some kind of Pony/Horse lot. -.-

Anyhoo, I redesignated the lot to residential and think all will be well, but realise that the original 16 Puddlewick Dr probably had either a specific $$$ cost or had a pre-existing building there. From reading up, I can see for the challenge I need to have 1800$ after buying the plot/house - but the problem is if it was indeed a house that was originally there I don't want to give myself an advantage by building a new house on the plot that may have better fixtures and furnishings etc.

Soooo.... I was wondering if anyone knew what the old house was called for that specific address - or if it was an empty plot, how much the plot cost to buy (so I can make sure its the same in my town.)

I hope that makes sense, and if anyone can help I'll be very grateful.

It also might be an idea to have the challenge guide update due to this little hiccup - I have all expansions and stuff packs, not sure which caused 16 P/W Dr to be replaced, but I'm guessing it must've been Pets. Although I did find it weird it didn't ask me if I wanted to put the new buildings in... I suppose that happened because I've never played Twinbrook before? :/

Anyhoo thanks in advance for any help!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7142 on: February 16, 2013, 07:22:34 PM »
You're allowed to bulldoze anything that ends up placed on the dynasty lot. Anyways, 16 Puddlewick Drive is meant to be an empty lot, so all you do is bulldoze and designate it as a residential lot.

Bulldozing won't change the base lot value, so no worries. You have to use the familyfunds cheat to get to 1800 simoleons anyways when you play in Twinbrook, or anywhere with a lot that will leave you with more money than 1800 (basically, anywhere that isn't Sunset Valley or Riverview).

But when you can start, good luck! Always great to see more Twinbrook dynasties. ;)

Offline twenty8twelve

• Nooboo
« Reply #7143 on: February 16, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for the super quick reply :D I can start playing now thanks to your response. \o/ (Not sure if I'll make a forum thread for my dynasty family yet though... we shall see how it goes - it's my first challenge after all.)

It originally being an empty plot makes it much easier too - was dreading having to find the "right" house lol. And had that been the case I think I would've just shipped my sim off to Riverview.

Cheers again!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #7144 on: February 16, 2013, 11:20:56 PM »
If I get the bug that causes the Consignment store to be closed due to no Consignment store clerk showing up, am I allowed to use edit town to replace the register to get get a new clerk to show up? As that normally fixes the bug for me.

About ghosts not going back in their graves, that is happening in my game (Non dynasty, just for fun) at the moment. It's kind of weird to see ghosts hanging out at the graveyard during the daytime, lol.  :o

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7145 on: February 17, 2013, 01:26:58 AM »
What are the consignment store hours? I keep missing when there's supposed to be someone there.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7146 on: February 17, 2013, 02:22:10 AM »
What are the consignment store hours? I keep missing when there's supposed to be someone there.

It opens at 9:00 a.m. and closes at 6:00 p.m.  Your items sell at 5:00 p.m., so you may want to get there well before 5:00 to get the money that same day. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7147 on: February 17, 2013, 02:53:56 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, twenty8twelve.

It looks like you've found your answer, but I'm going to merge this thread with the official Immortal Dynasty thread.  That would be the place to ask any questions you may have about the challenge or when you need clarification on something.  By putting it on the main thread, one of the challenge staff will see your question quickly and you'll be able to get plenty of help.  (Thank you, TheTripWasInfraGreen, for answering the question here.)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #7148 on: February 17, 2013, 05:32:34 AM »
While I'm waiting for my question to be answered I'm going to ask another one.  :P

Can two (Or more) immortals max the same skill as long as nobody claims it for their supermax?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7149 on: February 17, 2013, 05:41:16 AM »
While I'm waiting for my question to be answered I'm going to ask another one.  :P

Can two (Or more) immortals max the same skill as long as nobody claims it for their supermax?

Yes. Only the SuperMax skill has to be unique.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7150 on: February 17, 2013, 06:46:15 AM »
If I get the bug that causes the Consignment store to be closed due to no Consignment store clerk showing up, am I allowed to use edit town to replace the register to get get a new clerk to show up? As that normally fixes the bug for me.

I'm having the opposite problem, it wont stop changing the consignment store clerk in my game and nothing sells anymore, I've given up consigning stuff now as it would be there for over a week with nothing happening.

Selling through inventory isn't a problem but it would be nice to get more money for the items if possible, so I too would like to know what the allowed options are for getting it working again.

Yes. Only the SuperMax skill has to be unique.

I'm glad you said that as my first born has just decided she wants to be a scientist, I had planned on her doing all the cooking, but the handiness skill was bothering me as I later plan on having an inventor if I get that far, I hadn't planned on handiness as a supermax so good to know she can learn it for work without me needing to worry if she maxes it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7151 on: February 17, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »

About ghosts not going back in their graves, that is happening in my game (Non dynasty, just for fun) at the moment. It's kind of weird to see ghosts hanging out at the graveyard during the daytime, lol.  :o

If it's a "If" you get the bug, you get permission to do nothing.    WHEN you get the bug, you ask for solutions.   Or your family buys it and replaces the register whenever they need to.

Always remember to put consignments in before 3 PM as that is part of the bug.   Always make sure to only use one Sim with the consignment store.  And always cancel all consignments every third day so you don't got the "action cancelled" issue.     I learned several dynasties ago that just having the consignment LTR will boost the price of the sculptures/paintings/produce without ever going to consignment.   By the end of my dynasty, I had 20 million simoleons.   I never used the consignment store.  Just sold by inventory and there was never an issue.   Money towards the end is not going to be an issue.  You'll be trying to find ways to get rid of the money.   I had 8 evil immortals and still had 20 million. 

While Rosa is right and only a supermax needs to be unique, remember to always have skills in reserve for unforeseen bugs.   You can reach level 10 in a career without maxing it's associated skills.  I managed to make Emperor of Evil with 0 points in logic twice.  It's not required as long as the other metrics are good. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #7152 on: February 17, 2013, 02:42:23 PM »
Posted by: Ricalynn
on: Today at 11:54:41 AM
Always remember to put consignments in before 3 PM as that is part of the bug.   Always make sure to only use one Sim with the consignment store.  And always cancel all consignments every third day so you don't got the "action cancelled" issue.

I knew about cancelling consignments but I didn't know about the other two things or that they can cause bugs, I guess you learn something new every day, thanks Rica.  :)

While Rosa is right and only a supermax needs to be unique, remember to always have skills in reserve for unforeseen bugs.

Or for those skills that don't have many ops *Grumbles*  >:( Didn't think about reserving skills for potential bugs though so thanks for that.  :)

Any dynasty plans for me are still a long way off but am just checking things as I think of them for future referance. (Need stuff from the Sims 3 store and to get past this darn writers block first, lol).

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7153 on: February 17, 2013, 02:43:55 PM »
I knew about cancelling consignments but I didn't know about the other two things or that they can cause bugs, I guess you learn something new every day, thanks Rica.  :)

Or for those skills that don't have many ops *Grumbles*  >:( Didn't think about reserving skills for potential bugs though so thanks for that.  :)

Any dynasty plans for me are still a long way off but am just checking things as I think of them for future referance. (Need stuff from the Sims 3 store and to get past this darn writers block first, lol).

Just remember that a dynasty can be done with just base game and no extras so any extras you feel you need are your opinion.   I find that writers block tends to go away once I have some material to work with.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7154 on: February 17, 2013, 05:01:55 PM »
Alright, I just did the stupidest thing.

I played my game for a few minutes before saving and going to the main menu. Then I left the main menu open and took a walk.

When I came back, apparently I didn't save. I probably pressed the wrong button by mistake and didn't save. It's not like anything bad happened in the few minutes of gameplay (heck, the only thing I did was plan Justin's elder wardrobe), and I had every intention of saving as per usual.

anything