Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248766 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7125 on: February 15, 2013, 01:38:40 PM »
Yeah you're allowed to age them up when the game says is their birthday.   Normally, you would wait and just age them up.   Normally, aging them up early is against the rules.  The game will put twins at different days for varying reasons.  It's just a glitch you have to deal with.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline bulaboo

• Nooboo
« Reply #7126 on: February 15, 2013, 09:04:34 PM »
This is my 2nd attempt at an Immortal Dynasty. The first got really buggy so I left it. It looks like this one could be going the same way. My 1st immortal to be, is in the gardning career level 9. He had the omni plant  opportunity, but on the 2nd one (outstandingly rare),He got the cheeses ready in his inventory to take to the restuarant when all of a sudden the opportunity dissapeared and the 3rd one for the steaks appeared. I cancelled it a couple of times but the cheese one would not reappear. I eventually said yes to the cheese one and finished it and am now growing omni plants. My question is, can I count the 2nd opportunity as one of the 6 ops? As I did have the cheeses ready to take, but the game had a wobble on me.

BTW I dont have the save from before this happened as I stupidly saved over it. :-[

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7127 on: February 15, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »
4. Use a computer to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships). The property purchased must be fully upgraded before Ambrosia can be eaten. World Adventures players have the option of purchasing WA lots and having those count towards the 2-property requirement. Fulfilling your building purchase requirement via Map mode and sending your Sim directly to the lot instead of using a computer is another option. Older generations cannot purchase buildings/properties for younger immortals.

I had a question, probably a dumb one, but one I was wondering about.

Can the property/building purchased by a latter generation be of the same type as an earlier generation. For example, My generation 1 bought Summer Hill Springs (fishing spot). If Generation 2 purchases Crystal Springs (fishing spot) will that count, or does the fact that generation 1 bought a fishing spot rule out all the remaining fishing spots for future generations? Similarly with buildings and Hogan's Diner and Flying V's Coffee House - both of which have the same icon on the map.

Thank you

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7128 on: February 15, 2013, 09:13:19 PM »
This is my 2nd attempt at an Immortal Dynasty. The first got really buggy so I left it. It looks like this one could be going the same way. My 1st immortal to be, is in the gardning career level 9. He had the omni plant  opportunity, but on the 2nd one (outstandingly rare),He got the cheeses ready in his inventory to take to the restuarant when all of a sudden the opportunity dissapeared and the 3rd one for the steaks appeared. I cancelled it a couple of times but the cheese one would not reappear. I eventually said yes to the cheese one and finished it and am now growing omni plants. My question is, can I count the 2nd opportunity as one of the 6 ops? As I did have the cheeses ready to take, but the game had a wobble on me.

BTW I dont have the save from before this happened as I stupidly saved over it. :-[

You were able to grow steaks and patties even without the opportunity?

I had a question, probably a dumb one, but one I was wondering about.

Can the property/building purchased by a latter generation be of the same type as an earlier generation. For example, My generation 1 bought Summer Hill Springs (fishing spot). If Generation 2 purchases Crystal Springs (fishing spot) will that count, or does the fact that generation 1 bought a fishing spot rule out all the remaining fishing spots for future generations? Similarly with buildings and Hogan's Diner and Flying V's Coffee House - both of which have the same icon on the map.

Thank you

The unique part of the rule means they have to be different lots not different types so yes you can buy two fishing spots or two diners.   An example of this would be the Mans & Dreamweavers who both bought at least two fishing spots.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #7129 on: February 15, 2013, 09:15:53 PM »
The unique part of the rule means they have to be different lots not different types so yes you can buy two fishing spots or two diners.   An example of this would be the Mans & Dreamweavers who both bought at least two fishing spots.

Thanks Ricalynn, I thought that was the case but wanted to make sure.

Offline bulaboo

• Nooboo
« Reply #7130 on: February 15, 2013, 09:45:27 PM »
You were able to grow steaks and patties even without the opportunity?

I had the opportunity come up and I grew the cheeses and the patties. When I had the cheeses ready to take to the restaraunt. The cheese opportunity went. Completley dissappeared. It was a few sim days later when the outstanding steaks one come up and yes I was able to grow them. I did refuse the steak one to begin with hopping that the cheese one would apear again but it didnt. Hope this makes sense to you. Its confused me  ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7131 on: February 15, 2013, 09:47:08 PM »
You normally can't do steaks or patties unless you've completed the cheese one.  You're not using any mods right? 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bulaboo

• Nooboo
« Reply #7132 on: February 15, 2013, 09:52:20 PM »
You normally can't do steaks or patties unless you've completed the cheese one.  You're not using any mods right?

No no mods. I only have store items. (the gardning station) Could this be the problem?

Thanks for your help BTW  :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7133 on: February 15, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
No problem.  The game seems to think that your Sim finished the opportunity.  The Sim in question wouldn't have actually been at the diner at the time of the switch right?  Is there a possibility that it was turned in and you didn't notice?   Did the steak one pop up like a window or did it just replace it within the opp section of the game?

Offline bulaboo

• Nooboo
« Reply #7134 on: February 15, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »
No problem.  The game seems to think that your Sim finished the opportunity.  The Sim in question wouldn't have actually been at the diner at the time of the switch right?  Is there a possibility that it was turned in and you didn't notice?   Did the steak one pop up like a window or did it just replace it within the opp section of the game?

No not at the diner. He had the the notice to turn it in, then it disappeared. I held on to the cheeses for a while hoping it would come up again but it didn't. I then sold them hoping again that it would come up. That was when the steak one come up.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7135 on: February 15, 2013, 10:04:50 PM »
The game says that you completed it because it gave you the ability to make steak plants.  So I'm going to say that you did.  There was a freak accident that happened but it's ok.   Sometimes when I have a Sim go to the place they are supposed to turn something in and I have them do something else it turns in on it's own.  That's why I asked if he was at the diner.   

Offline bulaboo

• Nooboo
« Reply #7136 on: February 15, 2013, 10:08:26 PM »
The game says that you completed it because it gave you the ability to make steak plants.  So I'm going to say that you did.  There was a freak accident that happened but it's ok.   Sometimes when I have a Sim go to the place they are supposed to turn something in and I have them do something else it turns in on it's own.  That's why I asked if he was at the diner.

OK Thank you. This game sure keeps you on your toes lol.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #7137 on: February 15, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »
Something weird is happening with a ghost.

Thornton Wolff died. Grimm came and took him and his urn appeared. I've got a kind of "dead-ex-family-member" wing of my immortal museum where I placed the urn, together with an ice sculpture, portrait and photos of him from his life.

Thornton has basically come back after he died (he appears as a ghost) and is with the family 24/7.  Currently in game it is 14:25 (aka 2:25pm) and he is currently sitting at a chair in the dining area. Has something changed with ghosts so that they'll be there all day everyday? He hasn't eaten ambrosia or life fruit, he hasn't been given any of those treatments/potions that extend sims lives/reverses aging and those opportunities to bring ghosts back haven't been accepted by me for my sims.

He isn't really doing anything to interfere with the game, (he's not part of my controllable family) he's just around all the time.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7138 on: February 15, 2013, 11:36:51 PM »
Something weird is happening with a ghost.

Thornton Wolff died. Grimm came and took him and his urn appeared. I've got a kind of "dead-ex-family-member" wing of my immortal museum where I placed the urn, together with an ice sculpture, portrait and photos of him from his life.

Thornton has basically come back after he died (he appears as a ghost) and is with the family 24/7.  Currently in game it is 14:25 (aka 2:25pm) and he is currently sitting at a chair in the dining area. Has something changed with ghosts so that they'll be there all day everyday? He hasn't eaten ambrosia or life fruit, he hasn't been given any of those treatments/potions that extend sims lives/reverses aging and those opportunities to bring ghosts back haven't been accepted by me for my sims.

He isn't really doing anything to interfere with the game, (he's not part of my controllable family) he's just around all the time.

The same thing happened with all three ghosts in my family, including Thornton. I've learned to ignore them, especially since they sometimes cook or clean.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #7139 on: February 15, 2013, 11:49:03 PM »
You can reset ghosts to get them back in their urns when they won't leave you alone.