Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248776 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7110 on: February 11, 2013, 07:51:28 PM »
So now at some point, my entire lot has had the structure "Built" on it. I managed to save, but it was only a 10 x 10 Space, the rest won't allow me to build on it at all  :o

I don't know what to do...

Let me see if there are other solutions I can think of for you that aren't against the rules and I'll PM you ok?  Shouldn't take me long.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #7111 on: February 11, 2013, 08:03:09 PM »
Let me see if there are other solutions I can think of for you that aren't against the rules and I'll PM you ok?  Shouldn't take me long.

Thanks, Rica!
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #7112 on: February 11, 2013, 11:55:18 PM »
"If Immortal A chooses Fishing for his SuperMax skill then Immortal B could only get to skill level 9 of Fishing and would then need to stop. If Immortal B accidentally maxed Fishing and Immortal A had not eaten Ambrosia yet, then hopefully there would still be time for Immortal A to SuperMax a different skill. Immortals (and mortals) may max/SuperMax more than one skill, as long as their one SuperMax skill they claim for eating Ambrosia is unique. "

Does this mean that if Immortal A reaches level 10 of Fishing (but did not complete the Skill Challenges, hence not Supermaxed), Immortal B can still choose Fishing as the SuperMax Skill?

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #7113 on: February 11, 2013, 11:57:54 PM »
No, as it says, any other Immortal can only reach level 9 in any skill that is being used as a Supermax Skill for an Immortal.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7114 on: February 11, 2013, 11:58:42 PM »
"If Immortal A chooses Fishing for his SuperMax skill then Immortal B could only get to skill level 9 of Fishing and would then need to stop. If Immortal B accidentally maxed Fishing and Immortal A had not eaten Ambrosia yet, then hopefully there would still be time for Immortal A to SuperMax a different skill. Immortals (and mortals) may max/SuperMax more than one skill, as long as their one SuperMax skill they claim for eating Ambrosia is unique. "

Does this mean that if Immortal A reaches level 10 of Fishing (but did not complete the Skill Challenges, hence not Supermaxed), Immortal B can still choose Fishing as the SuperMax Skill?
No if another immortal maxes a skill it is ineligible to be a supermax.  If a future immortal accidentally maxes an immortals supermax, the dynasty fails.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #7115 on: February 12, 2013, 02:25:35 AM »
I've found out something interesting. If I sell something from a Sim's inventory with pause, the item reappears on the floor and I can sell it again, therefore getting double for it. I'm not sure if it's a thing only in my game but if it isn't then would it be too cheaty to use? I haven't used it before in a dynasty or anything but it would be really handy if I could use it (providing that it's not just in my game).
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7116 on: February 12, 2013, 02:56:30 AM »
It's not just you, it's a known glitch. The moment you unpause, the sold item will disappear from the spot on the floor.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7117 on: February 12, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
Snuffles - it's a known thing in everybody's game and it's only when your game is paused.  It's also considered an exploit if you use pausing your game to sell everything twice.   So it's a challenge no-no.  When it first came up we told people to not sell the items twice.

Offline bealeywife

• Nooboo
« Reply #7118 on: February 13, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »
I know using elixers to turn townies into certain supernatural creatures is banned, but is it okay to use a potent cure elixer to cure them before moving in? Agnes is a fairy and I cured her, is that okay? Can I move her in?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7119 on: February 13, 2013, 04:59:55 PM »
You're allowed to cure a supernatural before they move in. And you can make one a witch; however, you're not allowed to use the vampire, werewolf, genie, simbot, fairy ones that are outlined in the rules.

So yes, bealeywife.  :)

Offline bealeywife

• Nooboo
« Reply #7120 on: February 13, 2013, 06:45:40 PM »

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #7121 on: February 15, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »
I have twins but the younger one strangely lost one day of childhood. So I caked them up the same day cause I didn't want the younger twin to be older than the firstborn. That's why my heir lost one day of childhood, too. The two of them are young adults now and everything is ok with their aging. I did this some time ago and didn't thought much about it but now I'm worrying if that woul bump me out of the challenge. I hope not.  :-[

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7122 on: February 15, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »
I have twins but the younger one strangely lost one day of childhood. So I caked them up the same day cause I didn't want the younger twin to be older than the firstborn. That's why my heir lost one day of childhood, too. The two of them are young adults now and everything is ok with their aging. I did this some time ago and didn't thought much about it but now I'm worrying if that woul bump me out of the challenge. I hope not.  :-[

You're fine.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #7123 on: February 15, 2013, 09:14:53 AM »
Thank you, what a relief! 
So I can proceed with generation 3.  ;D

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #7124 on: February 15, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »
It also would have been okay to just let them age up on the day the game said their birthday was, right? Not an issue with my current twins, but this is maybe the first time in a long time I've seen both of a pair of twins have the same official birthday!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

anything